Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Daily Mail readers

1234568»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Is that right? Because all I've done is repeat what you've been saying here from day one.
    What you've done is to generalise my views to the extent that you imply it takes in all homosexuals, immigrants, etc, when patently that is not the case! This is inaccurate and false, and you know it.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Yet again another case of misrepresentation. I have never said there was compulsion attached to this, it was a purely voluntary thing, if the addict wanted out and a big fix to send him on his way.
    So when someone is in a permenantly veggitative state, and a relative has power of attorney (ie legally speaking may as well be the person) and that relative decides that it would be better for this person in long term coma to die... you'd disagree with that, because like the addict this sick person is sponging off society, contributes nothing and costs the NHS money.

You've lost me totally.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    So when someone is in a permenantly veggitative state, and a relative has power of attorney (ie legally speaking may as well be the person) and that relative decides that it would be better for this person in long term coma to die... you'd disagree with that, because like the addict this sick person is sponging off society, contributes nothing and costs the NHS money.
    All in the name of love, says Rich Kid. :lol:
    Fiend_85 wrote:

You've lost me totally.
    No. And I'm not going to go over everything again just for your benefit.
    You're a hypocrite or a moron. Eitherway, really be quiet.
    "because like the addict this sick person is sponging off society, contributes nothing and costs the NHS money." - quote Fiend_85

Your words not mine, and importantly, nor words I'd agree with. Its as I've said its people taking my statements and generalising them which is inaccuarte, false and misleading.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    We've got a drug problem because obessive selfish people want personal gratification by taking drugs, knowing the dangers, but without any thought of the fact that society in general would then be expected to pick up the pieces at the end.
    Sorry, but there's a saying "make your bed, you lie in it" and its the same with these drug addicts. They got themselves into it purely for personal pleasure, they can come off themselves the hard way.
    Mind you I'd offer them one final FREE fix, a massive overdose that would send them out of this world on a high! It would save society a lot of money and give them the high of their life (and death!)

Are these the words of a compassionate, God fearing man?

Help thy neighbor anyone?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Help thy neighbor anyone?
    Yes, but if only thy neighbour is rich and upper-class. And thou shalt not help thy travellers, gypsies, or ye gays...
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You're a hypocrite or a moron.
    Neither.
    Eitherway, really be quiet.
    No Mr Censor.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    "because like the addict this sick person is sponging off society, contributes nothing and costs the NHS money." - quote Fiend_85

Your words not mine, and importantly, nor words I'd agree with. Its as I've said its people taking my statements and generalising them which is inaccuarte, false and misleading.
    So, explain why it's ok for an addict to be helped to die and not for a terminally ill or irreperably sick patient to be helped to die.