Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

immigration

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree partly Solo, but Blagsta has opened my eyes to reality abit more, however much of a liberal panzy he may be :)

What I dont understand with the views of people like Man of Kent is that they are IMPLYING that if the Imperial Briitsh Empire had never existed, then the countries once part of it would be better off today. Man of Kent suggests this by saying, "In part this is because we went to their countries, changed their way of life and milked their countries of as much filthy lucre as we could get our hands on," in an earlier post. Are you saying Man of Kent that if the British had not intervened in these countries, that they would be better off now? Are you saying that countries like India and Pakistan would be prosperous flourishing democracies today, if the British hadn't intervened over 150 years ago? Would countries like Nigeria and South Africa be better off now than if the British had never intervened in their affairs? The answer undoubtadly is no, the British did not colonise the Republic of Congo and it still remains a dump 100s of years later. Face facts, we would have immigrants coming from all over the world whether we had colonised a third of it or not. Canada was a British colony and is now a prosperous democracy, likewise Australia. Your argument, as far as I'm concerned, bears little weight.

Referring to your earlier remark Bongbudda,
    "You said that you would stop listening to Trance if you learnt that it had any links to blacks, purely because they are black."
    I neva said the words "purely because they are black." I may have implied it but say it I did not. I will not stop listening to trance if more black people get involved in the trance scene. As long as the music continues to be euphoric and a thing of beauty, I will listen to it whatever happens.

As for RWB,
    "that site really is full of fuck ups, opened my eyes."
    LOL, you crack me up but its so true, the urban75.com site might just as well be named www.anarchy.com
  • Options
    I have never said that I know all the answers and theres no way I could pull a number out of no-where. I have suggested through this whole post that the number we take in real terms makes very little impact on the financial wellbeing of the country.

So I'd say the amount we take is fine and maybe a few more, but as I said I think our efforts would be better placed trying to make sure there are less places people want to run away from.
  • Options
    By saying that just because we are not close to war zones or those of strife they dont effect us is just plain stupid. Are you suggesting that if a major war broke out we shouldnt do anything till it was near us because other wise it would be none of our business?

It's not 'just plain stupid.'. it works against our national interest to absorb those unhappy with their lot and it is not required to do so under the '51 convention
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo

Immigration is not going away, instead of making occupations more attractive to the UK workforce, ie teaching, nursing it's easier to draw in Immigrants from 3rd world counties who can ill-afford their loss.

You would wait 10 years in the jope of enecouraging more UK doctors then accept immigrants?

I agree that there are issues with developed nations 'stealing' skilled workers from developing nations and that some kind of mgt would be helpful to try and balance this out.

If the EU were to cooperate with some of the countries where immigrants come from then I am sure things could be improved.

As for the economics, that CBI £2.5bn net gain is for legal and often high-skill Immigrants from EU/US etc. Nothing to do with the many Asylum Immigrants I see in the Black Economy and are probably on benefits.

But you can't seperate the two. How do you know that a currently unskilled immigrant cannot be trained to become more proudctive. OR if you take the doctor then you take some of his less skilled family as well.

As Al has already mentioned Asylum seekers/immigrants receive very little in the way of benefits.
  • Options
    Solo; Are you really saying that any war not on our soil makes no impact upon us what so ever?

And can you prove that it is against our interest to take people in? I mean statisticaly, I would suggest in the long-term controled asylum and immigration add to this country both culturaly and financialy.

giantno1; You said;

"I refuse to believe to any extent whatsoever that trance music was influenced by black music in whatever way. The day in which someone enlightens me to this fact being true is the day that I stop listening to trance."

Now what part of this statement isnt purely based on the colour of someones skin and your judgement based on that?
  • Options
    It's not 'just plain stupid.'. it works against our national interest to absorb those unhappy with their lot and it is not required to do so under the '51 convention

What is against our national interest?

None of you who protest over immigration have actually explained why what is wrong with immigration, what is it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by giantno1
    Hell no! Carl Cox is a class DJ, I'm not walking out on one of his sets! As to the colour of music, I think that some blue music is a good idea. I used to listen to HipHop and R&B because I liked it. I no longer do not because its associated with black people but simply because I dont like it any more (again, dont read into it).
    Trance and House are euphoric, they feed the soul. They're types of music that make you feel like you can fly to pluto and back through the beautiful uplifting synth they project. HipHop and R&B dont do shit. They're just people singing about ex-relationships and how they'll kill their enemies if they bad-mouth them. What good does that do anyone? That said, there are exceptions. I dont mind N.E.R.D. Most of the shit they sing about is decent. But people like Sean Paul (who can only sing about himself), DMX, 50 Cent, Ja Rule. Total Pratts.

As someone from the old school, I can appreciate the argument that there is a lot of crap out there in the HipHop and R&B world and many of my friends who grew up listening to this would agree but Pop fans would say the same about modern Pop music and my mates who are Rock fans say the same about Rock.

I think its a reflection of the music industry and society itself that the 'artistes' that are the most popular in their genre are often the most shallow and lightweight. My suggestion to you is to look a little harder, there are people out there making quality music and (mainly independant) labels putting it out.
  • Options
    True Black Arab, true. Its a good thing that I listen to trance then which was really only developed in the late 90's. Therefore, older generations cannot criticise what it is or has become because it wasn't around in the 60's, 70's or 80's.

Toadberg, immigration is certainly not against our national interest. We need highly-skilled immigrants to be teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, etc. Of that there is no doubt. I argue, however, in favour of a tighter immigration system, i.e. immigrants dont have to know English but have to be willing to learn it, immigrants have to be willing to work legally and immigrants must respect the laws and culture of this country. Many illegal immigrants, however, are unwilling to do these things. Which is why they are illegal. Where's the proof? I have no written proof. There are few articles I know of which describe and analyse these things in objective detail. Right-wing newspapers exaggurate and left-wing newspapers trivialise the immigration situation. People who claim to be impartial also tend to discriminate against right-wing papers more than they do against left-wing newspapers as Janet Daley of the BBC explains, "Oddly, columnists from Left-wing newspapers are not described as 'Left-wing commentators' and are even considered to be sufficiently impartial." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2003/07/23/do2302.xml
    Numerous people associate right-wing newspapers with evil hatred because with the UK's increasing liberalness, left-wing or more liberal newspapers are becoming a more viable option.
    This can be interpreted as discrimination in itself (take note liberals).

Coming back to my original point, there is no written proof of illegal immigrants, you have to come and see the situation for yourself: Arab women fully covered on the trains and buses, and groups of arab and indian families standing around on the streets together. This is not prejudice, this is REALITY. I don't know for sure whether they are illegal or not but it can easily be checked. You used to be able to get arrested for 'loitering with intent'. This could easily be re-introduced to check for illegal immigrants looking suspicious on the street. Trouble is, in the pathetic modern politically correct world we live in, it would be hard to convince the liberals that this would be beneficial. I can guarantee you, living in London, that half of all the immigrants we see around us are illegal. I know because I know many myself, which doesnt mean to say that they're my friends because they're certainly not.

I have a question to you liberals, however. Should an immigrant to this country be punished if he committs what is defined by British Law to be a crime but is more than acceptable in his own country and culture? This happens alot, maybe not here but certainly in places like Germany. You get Turkish men in Germany beating their German girlfriends regularly because it is more than acceptable in Turkish culutre. This has to be stopped.
  • Options
    Theres no question of having one law for immigrants and one for natives. Although I guess there is with the introduction of internment for non-UK citizens.

"Arab women fully covered on the trains and buses, and groups of arab and indian families standing around on the streets together."

Well then something must be done! What is this country coming too when arab people stand in the street?!
  • Options
    *** edited to remove racist comments ***
  • Options
    Mods? Has this topic now cross the line?

I dispare, I really think there is no point discussing this issue with you what so ever.
  • Options
    Poor Bongbudda, desperation isn't going to get anybody anywhere
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    Giant, you have to understand, anything and everything is influenced by blacks these days, football, music, justice, government, as far as a lot of liberals are concerned, If a black is involved, it will be of black origin.

No, thats just your twisted bigoted perception. Take that fucking chip off your shoulder. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I never said that we shoudln't help these people at all. I wish to give as much help as necessary to the people who are prepared to contribute to Britain in return. A number of illegal immigrants are not prepared to do this. Once they're in, a number of them are just as likely to abuse the system rather than work within it.

Why not complain about spongers then, wherever they come from? Why single out "illegal immigrants"?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Well said that man!

Actually, it can be applied to music imo. It does not necessarily relate to colour, but to how the music sounds/is constructed and the roots of that music. "Black" (for want of a better term) is traditionally based around polyrhythms, bass and "soul". "White" music (for want of a better term - could use European I s'pose) tends to be monorhythmic, but more based around melody.
    A simplistic view, but useful sometimes.
  • Options
    HipHop and R&B dont do shit.

Listen to Public Enemy, Paris, BDP, Anti-Pop Consortium, KRS-1, Black Radical etc. Then tell me hip hop is meaningless. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    And i aint being racist, Dr. Dre says all the time that "white rap" is f*cking shit. Is that being racist? I dont think so.

Thats why he produces Eminem I suppose? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    You should visit urban75.com then...

He'd be eaten alive. :D
  • Options
    As for the economics, that CBI £2.5bn net gain is for legal and often high-skill Immigrants from EU/US etc. Nothing to do with the many Asylum Immigrants I see in the Black Economy and are probably on benefits.

Has it ever occured to you that the government actually allow a certain amount of illegal immigrants in Britain? The economy of London would most probably collapse without people willing to work in the catering and hospitality industries for long hours, bad conditions and fuck all money. Most illegal immigrants work in jobs like this. And please tell me how an illegal immigrant is going to claim benefits?! They keep their heads down so they don't get deported
  • Options
    True Black Arab, true. Its a good thing that I listen to trance then which was really only developed in the late 90's.

Again, showing your ignorance again. Trance has been around since about 1992.
  • Options
    Coming back to my original point, there is no written proof of illegal immigrants, you have to come and see the situation for yourself: Arab women fully covered on the trains and buses, and groups of arab and indian families standing around on the streets together. This is not prejudice, this is REALITY. I don't know for sure whether they are illegal or not but it can easily be checked. You used to be able to get arrested for 'loitering with intent'. This could easily be re-introduced to check for illegal immigrants looking suspicious on the street. Trouble is, in the pathetic modern politically correct world we live in, it would be hard to convince the liberals that this would be beneficial. I can guarantee you, living in London, that half of all the immigrants we see around us are illegal. I know because I know many myself, which doesnt mean to say that they're my friends because they're certainly not.

You are so bigoted and misinformed its unreal. :eek:
    So people hang around on the streets and wear different clothes to you? So fucking what? Why do you care? Are they doing you any harm? No.

How do you know that "half of all the immigrants we see around us are illegal"? Answer - you don't. You just assume because you are scared of people who are a bit different to you. Get over it and grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    I told you how I know that half of them are, because I know about 5 of em. If each person in London new 5 illegal immigrants then this would amount to a fuck load. Is it the way that I argue my point that bothers you Blagsta or just my point in general? Cos if you're fine with the current immigration level, bear in mind that, "Record numbers of foreign nationals were granted British citizenship last year, reflecting a dramatic rise in immigration which is now at unprecedented levels. Figures published yesterday showed that 120,000 immigrants became citizens last year - a 33 per cent rise on 2001 and three times the number just six years ago. In the five years between 1998 and 2002, more than 400,000 foreigners were granted citizenship compared with 210,000 in the previous' five years." - Daily Telegraph 29.8.03. The situation may just be dandy right now but are you happy for this to continue for years and years to come? You say that I'm naive. Well if I'm naive, then you're blind to the long-term effects.
  • Options
    So 5 people you know have told you that they are illegal immigrants? Sorry, but either you're bullshitting or they are. Illegal immigrants keep a very low profile for fear of being deported. I find it very hard to believe that people who you're not friends with would tell you that about themselves. I'd guess they're winding you up 'cos they are aware of your racist views.
    And as for each person in London knowing 5 illegal immigrants? Don't be stupid. My parents and family don't know any. I know of one, but I've never met him, he's a friend of a friend.
    You seem to have a problem with people merely due to the fact that they have a different colour skin or dress differently. You need to grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    Well if I'm naive, then you're blind to the long-term effects.

What long-term effects? We're a nation of fucking immigrants, going back thousands of years. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yeh but thousands of years ago, bureaucracy did not extend to immigration. Now it does. Now we have to control it because we have hundreds of different nationalitites and cultures entering the UK which wasnt the case 1000 fucking years ago. Channel 4 right now, an Arab muslim is just about to go on trial for housing hundreds of pounds of explosives. 1000 years ago explosives hardly existed and violent muslim people were not migrating to the UK, so why the fuck talk about 1000 years ago? The problem is now not then.
  • Options
    I don't think it was "hundreds of pounds of explosives", it was only a small amount iirc (not that that makes it any better, but at least try and get your facts right).
    Irish people have been found in posession of explosives in the UK, should we ban all Irish people from living in Britain? British people have been found in posession of explosives, lets get rid of them too. :rolleyes: Your logic is fucked.

Oh and this statement "violent muslim people were not migrating to the UK" is offensive. Start thinking and stop being silly. For the third fucking time on this thread
    to blame a whole section of society for the actions of a tiny minority is REALLY FUCKING STUPID
  • Options
    "violent muslim people were not migrating to the UK" is offensive" Fucking hell, my apologies Mr.Communism, I'll make sure that I treat everyone equal next time. Answer me this question, why is Europe the most technologically and culturally advanced continent in the world? I'll say no more for now, answer the question.
  • Options
    Thats a debatable point.
  • Options
    yeh, typical liberal response.
  • Options
    Well it is a debatable point. Can culture be measured? Is it an absolute or is it relative? Is Europe the most technologically advanced? I'd have said the US is. But did you know that the Arabs invented our numerical system and were very advanced mathematicians? Do you think that Buddhism is a backwards way of thinking? Do you really think that a system that allows a very few to have lots at the expense of everyone else a good or "advanced" system?
This discussion has been closed.