Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

immigration

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is also the issue of how you are actualy going to get 'tighter' with illegal immigration? I mean physically how are you going to do it?

We're 'tough on drugs' yet they get into the country by the ton and havent been cheaper.

You would have to throw mulitpule billions at boarder security and even then I suggest it would make next to no impact. The cost of this would easily be more than the savings.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Those potential terrorist attacks would come from British citizens just as likely as not.

Many if not most of the people arrested under the new anti-terrorism act during the last 2 years are born and raised in Britain.

Yeh and from what ethnic minority were they?
  • Options
    So immigrantion has nothing to do with it, you just want to get rid of anyone Arabic?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    There is also the issue of how you are actualy going to get 'tighter' with illegal immigration? I mean physically how are you going to do it?

We're 'tough on drugs' yet they get into the country by the ton and havent been cheaper.

You would have to throw mulitpule billions at boarder security and even then I suggest it would make next to no impact. The cost of this would easily be more than the savings.

We're tough on drugs in the UK? Don't make me laugh. Sweden has a Zero Tolerance drugs policy and even that I dont think is tough enough. The UK is just pathetic. Your liberal view of tough means nothing.
    Yes, we have to increase spending on border patrols. The Army should be more productively involved. The crucial aspect is to be militarily ruthless on the borders, and why the hell not?
    "I suggest it would make next to no impact" What you suggest or not is your own business, what we actually put into practise in order to reduce illegal immigration is ours.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    So immigrantion has nothing to do with it, you just want to get rid of anyone Arabic?

I havent said that. I merely asked a question
  • Options
    Again, I used 'tough on drugs' as a phrase, but thats not quite the point. I'd aggree with you that the UK is quite liberal in its drug policy, but whether thats a good thing or not has nothing to do with this topic.

Lets take Thailand as an example then, they are tough on drugs, with excutions etc yet the whole country is a wash with drugs. But again thats slightly off topic.

The impact upon trade of virtualy closing down our boarders would be just plain nuts. The economic cost would be varst. And what do you think it would do to our international image? Do you think pictures of immigrants being hunted down like pests would help in the fight against terrorism?
  • Options
    Originally posted by giantno1
    Yeh and from what ethnic minority were they?
    And why the fuck should that matter?

Most paedophiles are white and Christian. All Irish terrorists are also white and Christian. As are most football hooligans. Or East End gangsters. Or fraudsters.

In fact, it seems that white Christians are responsible for a whole range of crimes. Should we watch out for them then? Stop those who want to come to this country, kick out those who are already here?

Your prejudice and double standards regarding crime smell of racism.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Smells of racism? I wouldnt put it that gently.
  • Options
    If I'm being racist then you're betraying your country. Countries were founded in order to harbour their own people. What you speak of is turning the world into one country, removing borders and nationalities.... because we're all equal aren't we? Bollocks, you panzy liberals may think so but its complete utter bollocks.

Militarising the borders is the best idea I've ever heard. Ofcourse it'll effect the import of goods, to an extent, but It'll give the people of Britain peace of mind that illegal terrorist immigrants aren't entering the country, and the immigrants who enter the UK legally peace of mind that they went through the system and their endeavour to do so was not done in vain because the people who tried to abuse the system got caught and punished.

To Alladin, I withdraw my earlier question on ethnic minority because it is irrelevant to my point. Which is incidently, reduced leniency on immigrant applications, and tougher punishments for illegal immigrants and terrorists of any race, colour, creed, culture, nationality, tradition.
  • Options
    Do you have any idea how much it would cost to set up the kinds of boarder patrols you are talking about? The country simply wouldnt be able to afford it. That and have you no idea of how that would look to the rest of the world?

That and the type of protectionist economic sitation it would create would be illegal by world trade laws.
  • Options
    Militarising the borders is the best idea I've ever heard. Ofcourse it'll effect the import of goods, to an extent, but It'll give the people of Britain peace of mind that illegal terrorist immigrants aren't entering the country, and the immigrants who enter the UK legally peace of mind that they went through the system and their endeavour to do so was not done in vain because the people who tried to abuse the system got caught and punished.

i've come to the conclusion you're insane.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    i've come to the conclusion you're insane.

Good for you, I've come to the conclusion that you're a pathetic liberal just like the rest of them.

Bongbudda, you said that it would make us look bad to the rest of the world. Who exactly are you afraid of it looking bad to?
  • Options
    The so called 'war on terror' is largely based on image, as is trade.
    If you are so proud of this country then surely you would like others to see it as a place that you could indeed be proud of.

And, you term is 'liberals' as though this is some sort of insult, it doesnt matter how many times you say it, it makes no difference to either this debate or any of us.
  • Options
    and you've decided that on reading my comments. all... one of them. i'm a pathetic liberal because i disagree with you?

:eek2:

i think that's the first time anyone of here's called me a liberal :D
  • Options
    Militarising the borders is the best idea I've ever heard.

Provided that they goosestep? ;)

Dude your etnire argument has failed because you cannot support anything which are saying with any credible proff. Your example of a terrorist is, as you admit, a British citizen. Crime is committed by all races, not just illegal immigrants. Hospital wards are opulated by all.

Really, what actual reason can you think of as to why immigration you should enforced at a higher level than it is already?
  • Options
    I mean liberal in an American sense, i.e. New Liberalism, not classic European liberalism. All this shit you're saying about the "richer few" taking advantage of the poor majority and how you wish everybody to be considered as socially equal when many people do not deserve to be considered as such.

Ahhhh...the deserving and undeserving poor. How Victorian of you. :rolleyes:

Can you please justify why some people should have rights and others shouldn't?
  • Options
    My argument is with these people and has been all along!

Errrr...no it quite clearly hasn't. Do you want me to quote you?
    People who say to me that immigrants of various nationalities enrich and make England's culture better are idiots because these immigrants are not enriching British culture but ERASING it.
    asylum seekers involving themselves in the drugs industry.
    Traditional british culture is being well-spoken, well-mannered and keeping your head down and getting on with it. I was speaking of cultural characteristic values and not bloody food, music or sport. Foreign cultures are erasing these values.
    Are you not concerned that a large deal of the taxes you are forced to pay may be going towards providing homes and essentials not only for legitimate asylum seekers [my italics] but for illegal immigrants aswell?
    What I really hate to see is young Turkish and eastern european men in their big gropus standing around Trafalgar Sqaure and Picaddily Circus in the evening, expecting to do what exactly? Get with some unfortunate English girl or start a fight?
    My current sole problem is with rudeboys.
    I refuse to believe to any extent whatsoever that trance music was influenced by black music in whatever way. The day in which someone enlightens me to this fact being true is the day that I stop listening to trance.

stopped listening to trance yet?
    Black people think they own the planet.
    Coming back to my original point, there is no written proof of illegal immigrants, you have to come and see the situation for yourself: Arab women fully covered on the trains and buses, and groups of arab and indian families standing around on the streets together. This is not prejudice, this is REALITY. I don't know for sure whether they are illegal or not but it can easily be checked. You used to be able to get arrested for 'loitering with intent'. This could easily be re-introduced to check for illegal immigrants looking suspicious on the street.

You seem to think that you can tell who is here illegally just by looking at them? Are you some kind of superhero?

I'll leave the quotes there. Just suffice to say, that you seem a tad confused.
  • Options
    Where do these attacks come from? Immigrants thats who.

Yeah, like David Copeland. :rolleyes:

Give it up, with every post you show yourself to be more and more ignorant.
  • Options
    We're tough on drugs in the UK? Don't make me laugh. Sweden has a Zero Tolerance drugs policy and even that I dont think is tough enough. The UK is just pathetic. Your liberal view of tough means nothing.

Come on then, lets discuss drugs policy

*rubs hands together in glee, looking forward to slaughtering you again* :D

I'll start - zero tolerance and the "war on drugs" makes the situation worse.

Discuss.
  • Options
    1000 years ago explosives hardly existed and violent muslim people were not migrating to the UK, so why the fuck talk about 1000 years ago? The problem is now not then.

About a 1000 years ago there was a massive wave of immigration as the Normans invaded, conquered and supressed the British people.

Can you now spot someone descended from a norman from someone descended from a celt? Are there Norman Ghettoes do they have a different culture?

No

The only difference now is that the immigrants have different colour skin.

I beleiev that like the Normans and all the other immigrants who have come to the isles over the years (ie everyone who has ever lived here) the current wave of immigrants will fit in nicely in the LR

:)
  • Options
    [B why is Europe the most technologically and culturally advanced continent in the world?

It isn't the most technologically advanced, the US and Japan are more so in more areas than the Europeans.

The US is the richest nation in the world and it is a nation fundamentally founded on immigration, think about it..........

'Culturally advanced' is probably a meaningless term........
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Come on Blagsta, either debate or dont post.
    Why do you always do stuff like this ? I aint read all the thread and I dont know who's said what but really is there any need for that reply ?
    This is the politics forum for debate, bout time you realised that.

Blagsta has been debating this for absolutely ages.

I think the reponse was fully justified given the continuing absurdity of giant's comments and the fact that he will not answer the questions Blagsta had put to him or that I have put to him and the others supporting him.

Do you never react with laughter to what someone has put?
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    In young, leftist peer-groups, the worst crime is to be a bigot or , heaven forbid, show any racist tendencies. The only way that findings prejudicial to an ethnic group could be discussed would be if they were given academic credence, discussion thereafter would be permissable . They are thought-clamped, poor lambs.

:lol:

Those naughty left-wingers, they don't like people who are rascists, 'thought-clamped'

Are you a rascist then, do you like rascists? Would you support rascist views?

Go for it mate, I would love to see you try and defend it.

This may challenge your earlier post as the stuoidest I have ever seen, you really are pushing the boundaries! :eek:
  • Options

[B. And if this is not the case, then why do they wish to get into England so badly? Why not stay in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland??? They obviously have some sort of objective by coming specifically to the UK rather than anywhere else in Europe?

Think:

- British empire the largest the world has ever seen, is it a coincidence that most immigrants in the post war period come from former colonial nations, is it a coincidence that most immigrants into France come from former French colonies?

- English is the no.1 international language

- England is the 4th largest economty in the world and currently doing very well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Do you never react with laughter to what someone has put?

Of course I do but not make a post full of it........at least I hope I haven't because some smart arse will find it if I have :lol:

In the same position myself I would have quit the debate anyway because its obvious Gianto is aint really listening to what he is saying, i just cant see the point in him continuing it when as you say Gianto is not answering the questions anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    In the same position myself I would have quit the debate anyway because its obvious Gianto is aint really listening to what he is saying, i just cant see the point in him continuing it when as you say Gianto is not answering the questions anyway.

But I'm enjoying seeing him making a fool out of himself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    But I'm enjoying seeing him making a fool out of himself.

ah right, I will shut up.......carry on ;)
  • Options
    vice versa as well pinkys ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    vice versa as well pinkys ;)

Come on then brainiac, show me where I've made a fool of myself.
  • Options
    Im not gonna paste a whole post into one thread mate. :D

You have a different political opinion to Giant and you try and put him down by mocking him, wonder if you would be so brave to say it to his face, doubt it somehow.

Thats where you make the fool of yourself, you claim he is ignorant, yet you do exactly the same and believe you are justify.

You are a joker. full stop.
This discussion has been closed.