Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

immigration

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At what point was I racist?
  • Options
    Your entire argument about immigrants erasing British culture (you still haven't defined what this is btw) has nasty undercurrents of racism.
  • Options
    "nasty undercurrents?" Every so often I eat a pastry with nasty undercurrents but I dont complain :D
  • Options
    Whatever :rolleyes: I'm off to bed.
  • Options
    same here. This forum's become more like MSN messenger :lol:
  • Options
    Yeah you right, only a murder, big deal, ah fuck it, its only a life, the family will get over it, no big deal. Its not as if its really gonna effect anyones life is it, I mean those poor guys, no money, no family, come here for a better life, no problem to chuck the odd murder in. No big deal.

I didn't mean 'big deal' in that murder is Ok, I meant that it's no big hooha that an immigrant did it. Of course you had to twist it, right? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I quoted you word for word moonrat, no twisting was need ing whatsoever. I can twist things if I want but I didnt need to.

Giant, you have to understand, anything and everything is influenced by blacks these days, football, music, justice, government, as far as a lot of liberals are concerned, If a black is involved, it will be of black origin.

Im not kidding either, the other day I had a uni student trying to claim to me that Rugby was invented and is a big part of black culture. I told him the story about William Webb Ellis and he tried to give me some story bout how blacks in africa played it over 500 years ago!! :D:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Haha, good one. Black people think they own the planet.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Giantno1 and RWB, I don't want to censor your opinions but just be aware we do not allow posts of a racist or defamatory nature on these boards. You are getting very close to the line.
  • Options
    Very close to the line but not accross it. :D Point taken though
  • Options
    Originally posted by giantno1
    Black people think they own the planet.

And there's me thinking that it was right-wing reactionaries.

You complain about how "immigrants" are coming to our country, taking away our way of life. Yet you seem to gloss over the reasons why we have such a high standard of living.

In part this is because we went to their countries, changed their way of life and milked their countries of as much filthy lucre as we could get our hands on.

Now we are wealthy enough to be in a position to help these people out, and you want to deny them. Shame on you.

Really, rather than ask why we should help these people, perhaps you'd like to say why we shouldn't...
  • Options
    I never said that we shoudln't help these people at all. I wish to give as much help as necessary to the people who are prepared to contribute to Britain in return. A number of illegal immigrants are not prepared to do this. Once they're in, a number of them are just as likely to abuse the system rather than work within it.
  • Options
    You'd stop listening to trance if you learnt it was in any way a 'black' form of music? Aside from the fact that terming one thing or another 'black' especialy music is quite pointless, are you not being just plain racist?

What possible difference does it make to the music that you like (what ever that maybe) if its background is black, white, yellow, blue...?

If you go to a club and find the DJ was black would you walk out? Or maybe if some black people were enjoying the music too?
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    you mean tax-rises, yes, I would

No I don't immigranst are net contributors to the economy, nothing to do with the tax system.

You would make yourself worse off to reduce immigration, why?
  • Options
    I would think that the money needed to totaly stop the flow of immigrants would be more than the money spent on them when they are here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Aside from the fact that terming one thing or another 'black' especialy music is quite pointless,

Well said that man!
  • Options
    I would think that the money needed to totaly stop the flow of immigrants would be more than the money spent on them when they are here.

Aside from that, if the govt had nothing to do with immigration then if a similar pattern were to continue as has occured over the last 50 years then immigrants will continue to be net contrbutors to the economy.

this is especially related to the fatc that immigrants and those of immigrant origin in the last 50 years are far more likely to be entrepreneurs so its not just about cheap labour etc.
  • Options
    What possible difference does it make to the music that you like (what ever that maybe) if its background is black, white, yellow, blue...?

If you go to a club and find the DJ was black would you walk out? Or maybe if some black people were enjoying the music too?

Hell no! Carl Cox is a class DJ, I'm not walking out on one of his sets! As to the colour of music, I think that some blue music is a good idea. I used to listen to HipHop and R&B because I liked it. I no longer do not because its associated with black people but simply because I dont like it any more (again, dont read into it).
    Trance and House are euphoric, they feed the soul. They're types of music that make you feel like you can fly to pluto and back through the beautiful uplifting synth they project. HipHop and R&B dont do shit. They're just people singing about ex-relationships and how they'll kill their enemies if they bad-mouth them. What good does that do anyone? That said, there are exceptions. I dont mind N.E.R.D. Most of the shit they sing about is decent. But people like Sean Paul (who can only sing about himself), DMX, 50 Cent, Ja Rule. Total Pratts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by giantno1
    I never said that we shoudln't help these people at all. I wish to give as much help as necessary to the people who are prepared to contribute to Britain in return.

Why should they have to contribute to Britain? Haven't they done so already - you can rest assured that Britain probably has a huge part to play in why their "Home" country is in a mess now...?

But assuming that you want them to contribute - in what form would this take?
    Once they're in, a number of them are just as likely to abuse the system rather than work within it.

Just as a number of "brits" abuse the system. Should we kick these people out?
  • Options
    terming one thing or another 'black' especialy music is quite pointless

Its not pointless at all. Terming everyday things 'black' is pointless, but not music, not at all. There is black music, white music, indian music. Everything else is identified by culture/nation, i.e. Food, traditions, laws. So why the hell not music?

And i aint being racist, Dr. Dre says all the time that "white rap" is f*cking shit. Is that being racist? I dont think so.
  • Options
    Perhaps we have different ideas of what racism is then, you said that you would stop listening to Trance if you learnt that it had any links to blacks, purely because they are black. What part of that is NOT racist?!!

The reason I would suggest labeling music as 'black' or whatever is pointless is because, and this is especialy true with Western music, there are far more influences than just black or white or whatever.
  • Options
    Giantno1 and RWB, I don't want to censor your opinions but just be aware we do not allow posts of a racist or defamatory nature on these boards. You are getting very close to the line.

Im sorry but I really dont see where I have made any views that are even close to racism, I am a member of 7-8 political debates and this is my first warning. Admittidly,it seems like this siteis by far the most left wing of them all, but I dont believe I have said anything that comes close to 'racism'.

thanks

;)
  • Options
    Some of the people on the site might well be 'far left red commies' to you but I fail to see how the people who run the site have anything to suggest that.
  • Options
    I wasnt referring to the people that run it.

I was saying it was over a general consensus of the posters compared to other boards that I am on.

Though I realise this site is aimed at younger people so we will get a lot of 'student politics' ;)

also can you please tell me where I quoted 'far left commies'????
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    Admittidly,it seems like this siteis by far the most left wing of them all,

You should visit urban75.com then...
  • Options
    I didn't use qoutation marks, therefore I wasn't qouting you or anyone else. I used the single marks to show that it was a phrase.

But perhaps I was over stating the mark somewhat, I just dont really think many people on here would see themselves as left wing, liberal maybe but that is quite different.
  • Options
    cheers MOK.

that site really is full of fuck ups, opened my eyes.
  • Options
    The word racism is used very quickly by those on the Left are feeling uncomfortable with fair comment on race

Immigration is not going away, instead of making occupations more attractive to the UK workforce, ie teaching, nursing it's easier to draw in Immigrants from 3rd world counties who can ill-afford their loss.

Asylum Immigration has already happend on a big scale,London is multi-ethnic, a better place for it, i wouldn't think so, i've no interest in many of the ppl here as they would have none in me (am I really going to get chatting to that Afghani? woman in the full-on burkha, i don't think so)

As for the economics, that CBI £2.5bn net gain is for legal and often high-skill Immigrants from EU/US etc. Nothing to do with the many Asylum Immigrants I see in the Black Economy and are probably on benefits.

There is no reason for the UK to absorb many if any Asylum Immigrants , we are a long way from places in conflict and I don't think they see us as a haven of civil-liberties, more a place from which deportation is unlikely. The '51 convention is inappropriate to modern times and should be revised, why should UK be held to ransom by anyone who rolls up?
  • Options
    The reason we do and should take aslyum seekers is because of the condictions that they are attempting to leave.

By saying that just because we are not close to war zones or those of strife they dont effect us is just plain stupid. Are you suggesting that if a major war broke out we shouldnt do anything till it was near us because other wise it would be none of our business?
  • Options
    how many should we take then bongbudda?

10,000? 100,000? 10 million? 100 million?
This discussion has been closed.