Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

immigration

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by solo
    What has it to do with GDP, asylum seekers bypass France for the UK, Japan takes virtually none. if the will of the British people is that that shouldn't come, then so be it.

You're bluffing and if even if it were true I wouldn't be grateful, it's not as if the UK had any say in post war immigration, it was imposed upon them. Are you saying that Afro-carib/bengali / muslim high unemployment doesn't exist?

Might just be why ythey're being moved out of London in numbers.

Whats it got to do with GDP? Quite a lot especially as people are want ot moan about the cost ect.

I am not bluffing, why can't you believe it? Are you honestly saying that you would take a paycut to have reduce the number of immigrants in this country?

Obvioulsy if every one went to London then there would be aproblem and it seems reasonable to try and even out the spread of immigrants but this is a national matter and I see no evidence that immigrants have placed any kind of excess strain on the infrastructure of the country.
  • Options
    giantno1

OK, so you're 18. I'm nearly twice your age and I don't remember this "golden age" you're banging on about. I suspect you are merely parroting something you have heard your parents say.

Your points about "rudeboys" are understandable, but mostly born out of ignorance and fear I suspect. I have mates that dress like that and talk like that, its an aspect of black culture. While there is a section of people like this who undoubtedly do commit crime, they are a minority ime. I agree, it can be intimidating, but afro-carribean culture is a lot more up-front than most white British culture, it can be perceived as being aggressive, but generally isn't, most of it is banter, up-frontness.

btw, where in London do you live?
  • Options
    Yeh you damn rite most of it is upfrontness. The only problem is people who are used to white British culture don't know how to react to it. If a rudeboy is starring you out and you look back at him, its likely to result in a violent conflict however innocent you may be. Yeh, they are intimidating. I'm just glad that I'm 6ft6 and fairly well built or else I'd probably be shitting it. I live in Croydon (shit-hole). You?
  • Options
    Yeah, but I bet of you got to know some of them, they'd be alright.
    I live in Brixton, work on Croydon sometimes (I was there today as it goes).
    I remember the first time I visited Brixton (over 10 years ago), I was intimidated by what I perceived to be the aggro, the groups of men hanging out on the street, seemingly shouting and arguing with each other. Then I realised (after getting to people in Brixton) that they are mostly just hanging out and bantering, it ain't aggro.
  • Options
    Yeh well the thing is you can't get to know all of them so you can't get to know the situation of all of them. It's like they are completely oblivious to people around them. When I have a conversation with someone in public, I try and keep it down because I dont want every living soul to hear what I'm saying. It seems as if rudeboys do. They get onto the bus and start shouting at each other when there are others on the bus trying to get through the journey without having their eardrums shattered. Either they fail to realise that they are part of society and society stands around them and listens to them, or they are aware that there are people who are discomforted by their noise but don't give a shit. Either way, its abit socially iresponsible.
  • Options
    Fucks sake, thats just teenage lads for you. Fuck all to do with immigration and all that other stuff you were on about earlier.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Fucks sake, thats just teenage lads for you. Fuck all to do with immigration and all that other stuff you were on about earlier.

yeh but we changed the subject. Well that was my intention anyway
  • Options
    evidence?

If you think I'm going to dredge up reams of facts to satisfy a few querulous student types, forget it. i've watched a fair few tv docs + reading , plus miraculously some Roma who used to impose upon a location near to me are not there, hallelujah, my preference is for them to have been deported rather than moved up north. Few Roma win asylum cases, I wish that knowledge would spread back to the Eastern Bloc .
    it ain't aggro

but it ain't half moronic, mum
  • Options
    If you think I'm going to dredge up reams of facts to satisfy a few querulous student types, forget it. i've watched a fair few tv docs + reading , plus miraculously some Roma who used to impose upon a location near to me are not there, hallelujah, my preference is for them to have been deported rather than moved up north. Few Roma win asylum cases, I wish that knowledge would spread back to the Eastern Bloc .

So you're just gonna keep on making things up? Way to win an argument, brainbox. :rolleyes:
    but it ain't half moronic, mum

Projection.
  • Options
    Originally posted by giantno1
    yeh but we changed the subject. Well that was my intention anyway

So you've changed your original position? Good for you. :)
  • Options

Fair enough but you didn't answer the question, would you accept a pay cut to reduce the number of immigrants?
  • Options
    would you accept a pay cut to reduce the number of immigrants?

you mean tax-rises, yes, I would
  • Options
    I haven't changed my original position! Although I was consulted by an extremely friendly black african doctor today which proved to me that immigrants can make it over here (IF THEY WANT TO).
    Liberals are reactive and authoritarian's proactive. Lets just leave this for now and come back to it 10 years down the line. We'll see who's right in the end. At the moment, I'm too heavily influenced by things. I fucking hate black music BUT THATS MY OPINION so dont read into it. Chinese food, however, is very high up my list.... so I'm torn between cultures. Our society is becoming more cosmopolitan every day so I guess I should just accept that fact and get on with my life? And thats exactly what I'm going to do until an illegal immigrant hurts me or someone I care about in any way whatsoever. I also have to face something else, if an illegal does cause trouble, I will react to it more violently than if it was a Brit. Why? Because the illegal isnt even supposed to be here in the first place.

Thanks for all your opinions, 100 posts since I started this forum and you've all made me think about the situation in a different way. I'm gone.
  • Options
    I fucking hate black music

So you hate all popular music then? It all has roots or has been massively influenced by black culture.

But you still haven't answered any of my points or backed up any of your arguments. :confused:

What is this "British culture" and how is it "being erased" (in your own words, don't just repeat what your parents/Daily Mail say)?
  • Options
    Liberals are reactive and authoritarian's proactive.

btw I'm not a Liberal. And authority does actually tend to be reactionary. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Our society is becoming more cosmopolitan every day so I guess I should just accept that fact and get on with my life? And thats exactly what I'm going to do until an illegal immigrant hurts me or someone I care about in any way whatsoever. I also have to face something else, if an illegal does cause trouble, I will react to it more violently than if it was a Brit. Why? Because the illegal isnt even supposed to be here in the first place.

So how are you going to know if they are here illegally? Ask to see their papers? Come on, get real.

And as I said earlier - to blame an entire section of the society for the actions of a small minority, is the thinking of an imbecile.
  • Options
    Yup I hate popular music. That's a fair statement is it not? I dont have to like popular music do I? infact Garage, R&B and Pop as forms of popular music have definately been influenced by black music but I love commercial dance/trance music (which is also popular music) and that hasn't been influenced by black music in the slightest. My arguments I shall answer some other time as they will take me an extensive amount of time to answer, time which at this moment I do not have to spare.

P.S. Sean Paul is a f***ing TWAT.
  • Options
    I see you like acid house? fair play. Dya like funky house or hard house aswell?
  • Options
    but I love commercial dance/trance music (which is also popular music) and that hasn't been influenced by black music in the slightest.

That has to be one of the funniest statements ever. :D
    So house and techno and trance owe nothing to black music? LMFAO! You are sooooo ignorant. Where do you think it all has its roots? House from black gay clubs in Chicago/New York and techno from black clubs in Detroit. Trance has roots in early 90's techno. Never heard of Derrick May? Juan Atkins? Kevin Saunderson?
  • Options
    I see you like acid house? fair play. Dya like funky house or hard house aswell?

I used to play hardhouse until about 1999 when it got too cheesy and commercial. Most "funky" house is watered down commercial crap as well. I play deep house, tech-house, Detroit techno and electro/breaks.

P.S.
    I like Sean Paul, he rocks. :cool:
  • Options
    WTF you talking about? all the piano riffs and uplifting synth in trance music? it aint got SHIT to do with black music. SHIT. Its origins are classical piano music. So dont call me ignorant cos I know my shit. I aint talking about the fuking clubs its comes from, I'm talking about the inspiration for that type of music in the first place. Traditional black music is Reggae, Soul and Jazz. Where the fuck does trance fit into that??? Nowhere thats where. When I listen to the uplifting choruses of trance music I hear the piano, the synth and sometimes an OPERA like female vocal from time to time. Was OPERA music originally black? Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn it sure as hell wern't.

The statement aint funny because its bullshit blagsta, Its funny because its the complete and utter truth.
  • Options
    I've been clubbing/partying since 1990 and DJ'ing and organising parties since 1996, so I think I know what I'm talking about.
    It has its roots in techno and house, which originated from black clubs and people. Just because it doesn't fit into your narrow prejudiced view of things doesn't make it less true.

Read this

0823084280.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

this

0330350560.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

this

1852426047.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and this

0747262306.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
  • Options
    Yeh these events maybe true but unfortunately your'e very wrong about the origins of trance music. Everyone knows that Kraftwerk were the original back in the 70's. THE 70's, thats over 10 years before the shit you showed me. http://www.kraftwerk.com/

And if you aint ever heard of Kraftwerk then you really dont know what you're on about
  • Options
    I've been listening to Kraftwerk since about 1983 and I'm going to see them at Brixton Academy in March. :rolleyes:
    I'd actually reckon that Kraftwerk were more of an influence on electro and techno than trance though. Yes, trance has a massive European influence e.g. Tangerine Dream, Giorgio Moroder etc, but to deny it also has roots in techno (which is black originally) and disco (e.g Donna Summer's "I Feel Love") betrays an extreme ignorance.
    I agree that trance these days sounds very "white" (one of the reasons it is also dull as fuck imo - no funk), but it wasn't always like that. Listen, I was going to trance clubs while you were still wearing shorts and pissing the bed at night, so I'd leave it if I were you. You're wrong, be a man and admit it.
  • Options
    I refuse to believe to any extent whatsoever that trance music was influenced by black music in whatever way. The day in which someone enlightens me to this fact being true is the day that I stop listening to trance. No, trance does not sound dull nowadays, if you want funky black music then listen to funky house, garage or r&B, leave trance be... it rules
  • Options
    You can refuse to believe it all you like. But you're wrong. Do you deny it has roots in techno?
  • Options
    No. But I refuse to believe that techno is entirely black music. Techno didnt appear out of the blue, it too was a merger between two other types of music, Jazz/Soul and classical.
  • Options
    The originators of techno were black. Juan Atkins, Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson, Jeff Mills etc. Yes, it is influenced by white European electronic music, but it took just as much influence from funk, soul and jazz (all black music).

The originators of house were mostly black too. Trance came out of house and techno in the early 90's.
  • Options
    Alright you win, techno is black. But as far as I'm concerned trance as a seperate entity is white. I would appreciate it if you let me bask in my ignorance now. Trance is my soul, and thats the way I want it to stay.
  • Options
    Trance has its roots in techno. That is a fact. It is very white (and utter commercial wank) these days though (these 2 facts are not necessarily related).
    If you want to remain ignorant, thats up to you. But you now have zero credibility in your ignorant racist arguments.
This discussion has been closed.