Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self-Harm journal TW

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey @LorryTruck

It's been a while since you posted, just wanted to check you're doing fine.

A big hug,

Cosmo.

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I totally get what you're saying, when there is so much difficult stuff overwhelming your mind, it's really understandable to turn back to the things you know. I am glad that things are not as bad now with school but equally when your motivation is gone this can be really hard to navigate. Has this 'lack of effort' been there for a while? <3 (big well done again, feeling so proud of you).
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling so much at the moment @LorryTruck I hope you know that we're all here for you and if there's anything we can do for you just let us know. <3 One phrase I've seen a lot on the boards that I like is that progress isn't always a straight line, just because you stumble doesn't mean it was all for nothing.

I hope you'll continue to keep us all updated with how you're doing and even if you're feeling a bit broken like you mentioned you're still able to move forward at your own pace. :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    I can hear how gutted you're feeling right now @LorryTruck , especially when you've been trying so hard and for so long, but as @Riley says sometimes these things just aren't linear which is simply devastating. I can't imagine how frustrated you are feeling right now, and I'd never try to tell you to feel differently, as you should process this in your own way, but I want you to know that we will still always be proud of you no matter what <3 I'm grateful that you are here x
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    That slow recovery is what is important here @LorryTruck <3 The more time that passes, the further away your 'meltdown' will be. You deserve the time to process it, and I am glad that part of this process is still talking to us and letting us know how you are on here x Huge well done and hugs x
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling again at the moment @LorryTruck I know you've been trying really hard to stay clean and I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have setbacks like this. <3

It's difficult for me to keep track so I'm sorry if you've talked about this before but do you have anyone you can rely on for support when you're struggling like this, or someone you feel you can talk to about your problems? I know you said you don't have counselling anymore but is that still an option for you at all?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @LorryTruck - sending you hugs and kindness. Remember, 1 day is still an achievement and having a setback doesn't mean you have lost everything. You will have grown and learnt different things in those periods of time where you have been self-harm free and these can be really helpful in the days ahead to lean on.

Do you think you would feel able to go back to see the counsellor given how everything is feeling right now? You deserve to have a space where you feel safe to work through how things are for you. They may also be able to help you work out some strategies to prepare in case things are bad over the next few months.

There are also a number of other places where you can find someone to talk if things are ever feeling intense, not sure if you have tried any of the options over on this thread? May be worth trying to reach out to one of these at times when things feel really intense, they may be able to help you calm things down in that moment.

We are all here for you, keep on keeping on <3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Lots of love and hugs to you <3 I'm glad to hear that you're waiting to hear back from people, can I ask have you heard anything yet? x
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Sending you lots of love and hugs when you're struggling @LorryTruck I hope that focusing on school this week helps put you in a better headspace. <3 I don't have much more to add that hasn't been said before in this thread but I hope you remember how many people here on the boards are rooting for you! All you have to do is scroll up to see them all. :)
  • Options
    1000% as Riley said, we are here so much for ALL parts of you, and fingers crossed the time to refocus is helpful to you in whatever way you need. What usually helps you to refocus? xx
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah that makes complete sense, like if school is causing you stress because it's difficult, you're hardly going to feel able to focus. This is beyond reasonable <3 I think it sounds like a really good idea to reach out to a doctor to see what they can do for you. I'm wondering, if you want to talk about what kind of help you'd like from them xx
  • Options