Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self-Harm journal TW

Comments

• Options
    espurrierviespurriervi Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    keep going @LorryTruck !! we're all rooting for you❤
    treat yourself with kindness
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    LET'S GOOOOOOOO!
    YOU GOT THIIIIIS <3<3<3

03wwx2csnpa1.png
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    espurrierviespurriervi Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    yesssss!! so proud
    treat yourself with kindness
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    FIIIIIIGHT OOOOOOOON! <3<3
  • Options
    8pldld4ohjgt.png
  • Options
    You started this journey because:

You saw the effect it was having on you and yourself.
    it was hurting other people. The way I was started affecting them, and it would make me feel worse. They were blaming themselves while I was blaming myself and it was just getting confusing

You're tired of being stuck in a self-destructive cycle
    I was tired of cutting myself. I was looking at myself in disgust. Why would I do that? All these scars for what? And I never wanted to be like that. Those scars I have are for life, and it never had to be that way.

You're exhausted of pretending to be happy. You want to be happy, not fake it.
    Being the way I was is so exhaustive. Like it was draining me so much. But trying to pretend to be happy drained me more. So I kind of thought, let's try change because maybe you might have some energy for other people.

You want people to recognize you more than a 'self-harmer.' You want people to see LorryTruck.
    I wanted to prove them wrong. I wanted to show them that wasn't why I was born. I don't want attention for what I do to myself. I want attention for what I'm good at

The fact that you recognize that where you need to change is a big step. Going through that process is an enormous step.

There's this quote that I carry to my heart:
    "The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

In your case, to be where you want to be, you're already taking your small steps and that's amazing.
    Emotional healing takes a huge amount of strength and you're one of the strongest people right now. <3 See, anyone can heal physically, but emotionally, it's another journey. Because you're confronting your trauma, your pain, and your struggles head on. You're confronting the scariest part of yourself and taking control of the damage it's giving you, loud and motherfucking proud. You're letting everyone here at the Mix and the people around know that you are @LorryTruck . @LorryTruck is a motherfucking survivor and she's got the scars to prove it.

I know that it may not feel like you're making much of a change but you're making a huge difference. And look: You are going to struggle. You are going to make mistakes. You are going to feel like you're not doing enough. You're going to feel like this is impossible. And honestly, that's okay. That's natural. Because no journey is without its obstacles. You're not in this alone. You got Zay. You got me. You got us. You got the Mix. <3
  • Options
    15yu3ru7c6iv.png
  • Options
  • Options
    I imagine that must have been really intense.
    CONGRATS FOR REACHING TWO WEEKS

7824ltgzam7x.png
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Well done Lorry Truck!! you're a wee fighter, sending lots of hugs <3
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey. I'm sorry to hear that. <3
    I understand how devastating this can be.

Here's the thing though:
    You went from 6 days of being clean to 2 weeks.
    2 FREAKING WEEKS
    And that is such a huge achievement, @LorryTruck <3

Easier said than done but don't see this as failure.
    See this as a temporary setback. <3
    You're currently on a journey of healing and that is one of the strongest things you're doing because you're tackling your pain head on. <3 There's a point in our journey where we reach an obstacle and it can be really frustrating. Take this moment to:
    t40u9dgv3dwe.png

I'll leave this quote here:
    guh3i9fnhxa7.png
  • Options
    0mz2jewsqtgh.png
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    5ktzdqvp22dz.jpeg
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    @LorryTruck still very proud of you and how honest you are being - remember progress isn’t linear. Rooting for you 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    @LorryTruck We are rooting for you every step of the way <3

Every day is a huge milestone and a step in the right direction. No one is judging you if you have bad day - recovery isn't straight forward - and just by wanting to stay clean, you're showing yourself and everyone else how strong you are.

Listen to the otter - be proud of yourself, because we sure as hell are <3:star: x

fhk7rz3w0vt2.png
  • Options
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can hear the pain and frustration in your words @LorryTruck ! It is beyond understandable to feel unhappy and angry because of this. You're trying so hard every day and it must be upsetting for you to feel confused about why you 'still did it'. We are here for you no matter how happy, sad or neutral each day is for you. I know you feel mad and I would never try to deny you the right to feel that way, I just want you to know that you truly are an amazing, compassionate and hilarious person and we want to encourage you to always see that <3

ze0ptrvg1zw5.png

Here is a random meme to maybe make you a tiny bit less mad =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    larafarajlarafaraj Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    @LorryTruck keep going youre doing so great!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    AAAAAAYE KEEP GOOOING <3

m3bxdurhnujo.png
  • Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    I am so proud of you @LorryTruck You are so brave and resilient!! You have definitely got this, I believe in you and I know that all the team at The Mix are rooting for you!!!

Don't worry about relapsing, it happens to the best of us, breaking negative habits and cycles is really hard and it can take a lot of patience, perseverance, strength and courage. And I can tell that you have so much strength, courage, patience, courage by the fact that you are trying again , which is so brilliant, you should be so proud of yourself for being so resilient. Day 6 here we come.

Thought I would recommend the app Calm Harm as it's an app which i would highly recommend , it's such a brilliant app as it allows you to overcome your urge to self - harm by providing you with other positive activities. You can download it on any phone - whether that be Android or I PHONE

Keep going!! You've got this!!