Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    @Chloe234 So amazing! Pets are the best, aren't they? :)

@FordRanger It is ok to acknowledge that you felt angry. Anger can be channeled in different ways though and some of those ways might mean you are less likely to have your chats ended <3

@independent_ Christmas is coming quickly now, isn't it? How are you feeling about Christmas? :)

@l
    It sounds positive that you are aware of some spaces you can still access and receive support @FordRanger. We believe you'll get there and be more motivated in time when you are ready :)

@Laura_tigger82 yh hopefully
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I'm up my nan's and bamp's tomorrow for Christmas Eve, I'm looking forward to seeing them and guess what?. Lol I will be seeing them again on Boxing day aha

Aww that sounds amazing @Amy22
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2022
    Yay for looking forward to spending time at your nan's and bamp's @Amy22. Hope you enjoy spending time with your nan and bamp :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Ed_ wrote: »
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger She definitely did not phrase whatever she was trying to say well, it's not helpful to someone who needs help to imply they're failing at the moment when that's not true. But also I'm not sure kicking off helped the situation either, even though I totally understand why you were so mad, so I guess try to leave the situations first if you can

It's always tricky when it feels like people don't understand what we are feeling or say something that insensitive. We can't control this, but as Leyla says, we can control our reactions to these things and so removing ourselves from unhelpful or hurtful conversations wherever possible can be the best way forward.

Just an fyi, I have removed the images of your conversation as these are private messages, and I think you've given a good overview of the conversation. Charities should have ways to complain if you are unhappy with the support they have provided, so I would encourage you to raise it through those channels.

Whilst what they said wasn't helpful for you, it is good that you felt able to reach out to for support. What kind of things do you think would be helpful in moving forward with finding a job you would like?

Yh I guess it's over and done with in the past now. I'm not sure what job though @Ed_
    The positive thing is that you know what area of work you would like to work in @FordRanger! I have identified this as a strength of yours :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @FordRanger Yeaaah the 208, that's it!! Honestly wish I'd got one tbh I don't like how crap the engine seems to be for the 108, but it's not like I need to go fast anywhere so eh it's okay. Would you say the corsa or 208 would be a better choice?

@leyla26 I think it depends what year, if its the 2015 model corsa that's probably better than the 208 of the year but if its the current model of 208 compared to the current corsa the peugoet is probably better
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger He'll probably go for around a 2015 one tbh Ford so I will pass on your feedback! Knowing him he'll end up getting something completely different from like 2006 lmao
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    That's us done for the night. Happy Christmas to all of those who celebrate it, I hope your days are what you want them to be regardless if you celebrate or not. You're all great, big hugs and goodniiiiight :)<3
    The positive thing is that you know what area of work you would like to work in @FordRanger! I have identified this as a strength of yours :)

@Laura_tigger82 I'm not really sure what work I want to do tbh. Sucks a bit atm , I just hope things improve for me
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    That's us done for the night. Happy Christmas to all of those who celebrate it, I hope your days are what you want them to be regardless if you celebrate or not. You're all great, big hugs and goodniiiiight :)<3

Thank you so much @leyla26 I'm looking forward to it and xmas eve tomorrow. I'm hoping over xmas I can start on some new projects that I have been doing.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    edited December 2022
    @FordRanger He'll probably go for around a 2015 one tbh Ford so I will pass on your feedback! Knowing him he'll end up getting something completely different from like 2006 lmao

@leyla26 lol, that's what my uncle would do , he can't even buy the right food never mind car lol
    @FordRanger - Sorry, just to clarify, I meant that you know you want to do something with cars (or similar!). You also seem really knowledgeable and like talking about cars. Even if you don't know the specific role you want, this is a positive start so well done you :)

@Amy22 - Glad you are looking forward to the next few festive days. Hopefully, you can start on the projects that you have been doing. Would you like to share more with us about these projects? We are intrigued if you would like to share more with us about this :)
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    @FordRanger - Sorry, just to clarify, I meant that you know you want to do something with cars (or similar!). You also seem really knowledgeable and like talking about cars. Even if you don't know the specific role you want, this is a positive start so well done you :)

@Amy22 - Glad you are looking forward to the next few festive days. Hopefully, you can start on the projects that you have been doing. Would you like to share more with us about these projects? We are intrigued if you would like to share more with us about this :)

I'm hoping to getting around some crochet projects that I want to do. I want to start making more plushies tbh :).
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films

@Laura_tigger82 Yh true
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    It was funny earlier at gymnastics during my coaching session.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Dancer wrote: »

What happened @Dancer?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

What happened @Dancer?

One of the little kids pushed their coach into the foam pit. To be fair, it was going to happen.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I couldn't help but laugh. I'm supposed to pretend to be professional around the kids but it's hard.
    Oh dear @Dancer. Laughter is great though :p
    Nothing better than more plushies @Amy22. Hope you enjoy the crocheting :)

What happened @Dancer?

One of the little kids pushed their coach into the foam pit. To be fair, it was going to happen.

Don’t worry about laughing i laughed hysterically at this too @Dancer :lol::lol:

What happened @Dancer?

Don’t worry about laughing i laughed hysterically at this too @Dancer :lol::lol:

And why does that not surprise me?
    Oh dear @independent_ too :p (I'll pretend to not have found it funny!)
    Ps: Nobody was hurt in the entertainment experienced
    Glad nobody was hurt in the entertainment experienced @Dancer :)
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Evening everyone, it's the last Friday of 2022, how's it going for you?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Yo @Ed_ , I have been but not 100 percent but not too bad, wbu
    Ah yeah I've been fighting off a cold for what feels like months, but doing alright, so can't complain. How's your Friday going?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

edited December 2022
    Hopefully you'll get well soon but yh its going ok
    Cheers @FordRanger 💪

So with the year almost over, what is the funniest clip/meme you have seen this year?