Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2022
    446cearfcrjf.jpg

@leyla26 , not much, maybe get jack danniels when my uncle isn't looking and drink it. I went in the fridge, I think he is going to give me this for dinner, I don't want it, my uncle always gives Indian food, like I know this might not be Indian but its still rice and chicken which he gives all the time. Its bullshit, he always gives shit food. Shall i just throw it away when he's not looking? I don't know how because he'll see it in the bin, I could put it in my pocket in a bag then when he goes to bed drive to a public bin and chuck it there
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger Can't have Christmas without a bit of Jack Daniels tbf!

Ah Ford I hear you, eating the same thing all the time can get boring, but don't throw it because someone else could eat it! Is there anything else you can eat in the house?? Maybe make for yourself?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Do you think you could tell your uncle you would prefer different food? Probably wouldn't throw it away as possible your uncle would want it even if you don't
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger Can't have Christmas without a bit of Jack Daniels tbf!

Ah Ford I hear you, eating the same thing all the time can get boring, but don't throw it because someone else could eat it! Is there anything else you can eat in the house?? Maybe make for yourself?

Yh lol, might get shisha pens or pipes too

I think that is the only thing in the house, I could eat a bit and chuck the rest. He gets angry if I don't clean the plate you know.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Dancer wrote: »
    Hi

Hi
    I was watching some weird videos today about substitute teachers getting completely roasted by students. Haha.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Do you think you could tell your uncle you would prefer different food? Probably wouldn't throw it away as possible your uncle would want it even if you don't

@Ed_ sorry, I didnt get notified for your response or didn't see it. I've told him many times, I tell him to get Rustlers or pizza, a pie, ive said if he does get rice get Uncle Ben's which is decent, healthy too and says he'll get them then comes home with curry, rice etc. He does it all the time. We normally had every Monday to cheer us up a bit as it was the start of the week with college so we had pizza on Mondays as a routine and then he changed it just buying curry and bullshit stuff. He bought me chapatti once like wtf is wrong with him, chapatti would make me throw up if I had it now, I swear like it stinks of shit too.
    FordRanger wrote: »

@Ed_ sorry, I didnt get notified for your response or didn't see it. I've told him many times, I tell him to get Rustlers or pizza, a pie, ive said if he does get rice get Uncle Ben's which is decent, healthy too and says he'll get them then comes home with curry, rice etc. He does it all the time. We normally had every Monday to cheer us up a bit as it was the start of the week with college so we had pizza on Mondays as a routine and then he changed it just buying curry and bullshit stuff. He bought me chapatti once like wtf is wrong with him, chapatti would make me throw up if I had it now, I swear like it stinks of shit too.

All good, easy to miss posts on here. Sounds quite frustrating that you've told him what you would like but he doesn't seem to remember. Do you find it helpful to have a routine with things like food?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

I was watching some weird videos today about substitute teachers getting completely roasted by students. Haha.

Evening @dancer - how did you end up down that YouTube rabbit hole?!

Evening @dancer - how did you end up down that YouTube rabbit hole?!

Boredom.
    Fair enough! I sometimes find I started watching something random and then the auto play takes me into something completely unrelated

Fair enough! I sometimes find I started watching something random and then the auto play takes me into something completely unrelated

And also partially because whenever I have a substitute at school, all rules go out of the window.
    FordRanger wrote: »

All good, easy to miss posts on here. Sounds quite frustrating that you've told him what you would like but he doesn't seem to remember. Do you find it helpful to have a routine with things like food?

Nice. I don't necessarily need a routine, just want a variety of better food.
    Gotcha, is there a way you can go to the shops with your uncle to help pick bits out?

And also partially because whenever I have a substitute at school, all rules go out of the window.

Been a long time since I went to school, but glad things have not changed over the years, some hilarious memories of sub teachers not having a clue as to what was going on

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    Hi :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,269 Boards Guru
    Hi
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Hey @Chloe234
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    edited December 2022
    giphy.gif

:)
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    oooo interesting thankyou @Dancer ! I hope Santa is bringing me some vegan chocolate this year!

I went to the shops earlier and I was meant to be buying gifts, but ended up just buying lots of chocolate for me :D
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    Do not go shopping today if you don't have to. That was a fucking nightmare
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,496 Wise Owl
    I have to agree @independent_ - i went out quickly with my dad today to get a few bits and the traffic in town was a nightmare
    Also the same in my area, as my dad went out for some stuff and it was packed out there. So glad I wasn't out today.
    I’m so ill too got a really bad cold so shopping was not pleasant whatsoever
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I'm sorry to hear that @independent_ hope you fell better soon. I think I have also got the start of a cold coming on like this morning I was very sniffy and whiffy.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    Hope you are feeling better soon @Amy22. There are a lot of colds and things going around at the moment, aren't there? :/
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Evening all, how is everyone's Christmas eve eve going?

Definitely are, I feel awful, don’t like to complain but I feel sorry for myself.