Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Ooh that sounds good. What book are you reading at the minute?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I actually only just started reading, for like the first time in half a decade. Last two weeks I read The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung, and now I'm reading Human Universe by Brian Cox. Just realising how low my motivation has been and how sparse my interests are, I'm trying to kindle some enjoyment in things again aha.
    edited November 2022
    Oh wow they sound really interesting, I was the same my New Years resolutions was to get back into reading this year as I hadn't read in ages too. It's great that you've managed to get back into this hobby
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    Well it was never really a hobby or something I enjoyed, but I always wished it was. Decided to give it a go, and I have to admit that I was really engaged with my choice of book :D I had a few topics that I wanted to give a try, namely psychology, physics, philosophy and mythology. When I started looking for a book to read though I realised how insanely broad those topics are :D

Sounds like you've done okay with your resolution, have you been enjoying it? What sorts of things do you read?
    Thats good that your engaged with it, sometimes it can be difficult to know which type of books you'll enjoy. It's good in a way tat the topics are broad hopefully it means there's a lot of books that interest you.

I have been enjoying reading again, I've now started to read on my lunch break at work. I generally go from crimes or thrillers
    That's good then :) I like the odd film or TV show in those genres, but I'm not sure whether I would like reading a book like that. Perhaps I need to try at some point. Fiction in general tbh :D
    Yeah I'm definitely more of a fiction person, but perhaps I should branch out and try some non-fiction
    Oh God if you do though I'll feel bad and have to do the same XD If I manage to stick with it I might be able to give some recommendations!

I think my line up so far is Human Universe, Relativity and Mythos. Then maybe some fiction afterwards, I've heard a lot about George Orwell, so I might start there.
    That sounds like a good plan, I'm always open to recommendation. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day :)
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    edited September 18
    @Past User I'm doing great thanks. I also need to start finishing my library book which is by Stephen King. It's called 'Fairy Tale' and it's based off like Brother Grimms fairy tales. Its a bit sloe to start but it's only just picking up. I feel you though when you mention procrastination, I Linda feel.the same this week. I think it's cuz xmas is coming up xd.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Sounds about right Amy :D Maybe xmas is the perfect time to finish our books seeing as we won't be doing much else :p
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,674 Skive's The Limit
    Heyyy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Siobhan wrote: »
    Heyyy

Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Sounds about right Amy :D Maybe xmas is the perfect time to finish our books seeing as we won't be doing much else :p

True there. The fact I got so many books on my tbr list is insane rn lol .Also, I actually need to finish the books I got from my college library too as part of my film studies lol. I thought I give myself a bit of extra work to do xd seeing as im not starting my next project I think until December.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Hi @Dancer and @Siobhan :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Who was watching I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,496 Wise Owl
    Bit late to the chat but I did @Dancer - glad to see Jill win although I wouldn't have minded if Owen had won either. Was yet again a good series.

Hope your well
    Sinead
    Heyo
    Hi
    How are you?
    edited September 18
    I'm great thanks, @Past User I haven't done too much apart from attending college. I have though been actually reading my library book,which is good.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Oh yeah? Nice
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Nice

Yeah it's a good book :).
    Post edited by TheMix on
    I’m going to get my nails done like this tomorrow 💅
    i0kxydbq1p93.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Evening all ☺️
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Siobhan wrote: »
    I’m going to get my nails done like this tomorrow 💅
    i0kxydbq1p93.jpeg

I'm always impressed with the patience people have in doing something like this. I would struggle to sit still for long enough!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Ah yeah. One time it took them one hour literally felt like going to sleep
    I guess in some respects, if it is that relaxing, perhaps it can have some mindful value in terms of being able to calm the brain down?

Yeah true. It is a bit relaxing. If only I could get it done while laying down
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Yo