Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    Ah, I hear you @Amy22. Do you have a favourite action-paced book?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @Amy22 Hello!! It's been a while hehe. Sorry, I'm mainly looking at the support chat but I hope Ed and Laura here can keep ya entertained <3

@FordRanger Unfortunately animals are a popular topic so I don't think they'll avoid talking about them, but you're definitely welcome to always talk about what you want to as well and someone will join in! I haven't been up to too much tbh, I know I need to help my dad pick up his car soon but he doesn't know which car he wants yet and he's so fussy
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,268 Boards Guru
    edited November 2022
    I'm bored
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Hopefully, we can help reduce your boredom @Chloe234. Is there anything, in particular, that you enjoy doing when you feel bored? :)
    Aww, dogs provide the best greetings @Chloe234. I can hear how she does in particular, especially when you get in from school <3
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @Amy22 Hello!! It's been a while hehe. Sorry, I'm mainly looking at the support chat but I hope Ed and Laura here can keep ya entertained <3

@FordRanger Unfortunately animals are a popular topic so I don't think they'll avoid talking about them, but you're definitely welcome to always talk about what you want to as well and someone will join in! I haven't been up to too much tbh, I know I need to help my dad pick up his car soon but he doesn't know which car he wants yet and he's so fussy

I guess reduce talking about them, maybe in general if I ask to move on people should try their best to as it can be uncomfortable for me and maybe the odd other member, plus when I'm talking about a topic I try my best to move on. For example I was e mailed told about Top G reduced talking about him. Like I don't mention his actual name as I'm not allowed. Anyway, is he trading the 108 in?
    I don't know enough about your question to respond to it, unfortunately, @FordRanger. Would you like to share a little more with us?

If not, hopefully, someone can respond to your question soon. As @leyla26 said though, we don't generally move on from topics not against guidelines.

However, we can also talk to you about your interests if they are in line with the community guidelines. You deserve this space just as much as any of our other community members :)
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger I can definitely hear it's frustrating for you if it's a topic that makes you uncomfy, especially because it comes up a lot :/

Nah he's not trading in the 108, I'm gonna keep it and he's gonna get his own car. The thing is he isn't the best driver lol so I'm scared he's gonna get something big
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    I don't know what I might do over the weekend tbh. I can't believe xmas is coming up soon
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Oh dear @leyla26. What an interesting journey you have ahead in finding out what is chosen B)
    Christmas is coming really quickly this year @Amy22! How do you feel about Christmas? :)
    Christmas is coming really quickly this year @Amy22! How do you feel about Christmas? :)

Ikr the year has flown by!. Yeah it's gonna be a good one I think but I haven't just yet got into the festive mood tho I have got my playlist ready
    edited November 2022
    I hear you @Amy22. Not quite braved my Christmas-themed clothes yet - need to get more into the festive mood first!

Glad to hear you think it's going to be a good Christmas though. That sounds really positive and hopefully, your playlist being ready can help you to get into the festive mood sooner :)
    I don't know enough about your question to respond to it, unfortunately, @FordRanger. Would you like to share a little more with us?

If not, hopefully, someone can respond to your question soon. As @leyla26 said though, we don't generally move on from topics not against guidelines.

However, we can also talk to you about your interests if they are in line with the community guidelines. You deserve this space just as much as any of our other community members :)

It's just I'm not intrested in pets much and it can make me feel uncomfortable. I didnt want to say much about this as its personal but a few years ago my sister was going to adopt one but me and my family didn't so it resulted in our whole family having argument about it as they arent fans of pets either, it caused a pretty bad argument. So sometimes it makes me think of that argument when people bring up pets. So it's probably best to try to reduce talking about them, maybe talk about them here and there but not everytime. I know it can be a popular topic though. I talk about cars which isn't against the guidelines (that i know of) sometimes people don't want to and want to move on which I try to.
    It sounds really difficult that this can make you feel uncomfortable @FordRanger. We are always open to also talking about things that make you feel comfortable.

It sounds great that cars are something you like to talk about! We are open to talking about cars too. Do you have a particular favourite thing about cars? :)
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Ah it's always tricky when topics bring up difficult memories for us @FordRanger - Good to give it a flag to others as it helps us all to be mindful of these things, but equally we can't guarantee pets won't come up. At these times, we always encourage people to take a step back from the thread.

Did you uncle decide to upgrade his car in the end? Feel like I have missed out on updates over the last few weeks!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

@FordRanger I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. That does sound very stressful too.

@Laura_tigger82 I actually need to find my xmas t-shirt, as normally my college does a xmas jumper day but I wear the t shirt as a bit of a joke thing. I.guess I've always done it every xmas lol
    Ha, that sounds like a great joke @Amy22, especially as it's something you've always enjoyed doing every Christmas.

Are we allowed to ask you about your Christmas T-shirt? Mine is a Disney themed Christmas T-shirt, of course B)
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Ah it's always tricky when topics bring up difficult memories for us @FordRanger - Good to give it a flag to others as it helps us all to be mindful of these things, but equally we can't guarantee pets won't come up. At these times, we always encourage people to take a step back from the thread.

Did you uncle decide to upgrade his car in the end? Feel like I have missed out on updates over the last few weeks!

Yh I meant just in general in the chats too maybe avoid it and maybe sometimes to. I could take a break too whenever people so talk about them the odd time

Hes not upgraded yet but hopefully at some point
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger I can definitely hear it's frustrating for you if it's a topic that makes you uncomfy, especially because it comes up a lot :/

Nah he's not trading in the 108, I'm gonna keep it and he's gonna get his own car. The thing is he isn't the best driver lol so I'm scared he's gonna get something big

Yh

Nice, hopefully if does get anything big he won't dent it or anything
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @FordRanger I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. That does sound very stressful too.

@Laura_tigger82 I actually need to find my xmas t-shirt, as normally my college does a xmas jumper day but I wear the t shirt as a bit of a joke thing. I.guess I've always done it every xmas lol

Yo @Amy22 that's OK

How are you anyway?
    @FordRanger yeah I'm alright

@Laura_tigger82 ooo yeah of course!. It's a black t shirt with a pug I think on it with a xmas outfit on it 😂
    It was nice talking to everyone on here tonight. I should be on again soon. Hopefully I will. Its been a busy one for me as I got college and I might be doing something exciting soon. So one day I will be more frequent on here hopefully. Goodnight, take care and have a nice evening everyone 🌃 🎇
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey
    edited September 18
    Hey @Past User long time no see. How are you today?.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    I'm alright @Amy22 how about you?

I should probably update some of my discussions at some point
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    edited September 18
    Hey @Past User how are you?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    Hello Jess, I've got a lot on my mind that I probably need to discuss elsewhere, but all in all I'm alright thank you. How about yourself?
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    edited September 18
    I'm sorry to hear that @Past User if you need to discuss anything feel free to make a discussion. I'm alright thanks. Have you got anything planned for the rest of the day?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    I'm babysitting tonight though that may aswell be nothing :D Need to force myself to do my exercise for the day and read a chapter of a book. Procrastination is just too natural though aha