Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    Oh no @independent_. I agree, you rarely complain so you must be feeling awful :/

Lots of rest and hydration for you! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Yay, Christmas eve eve @Ed_ =) I am really excited because I have found dairy-free churros. How is everyone else feeling about Christmas eve eve?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    I’m in bed watching coronation street because I cba looking through the guide or through netflix :lol: my sister is raging because we were supposed to be going out tonight but nah not infecting people
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that @independent_ hope you fell better soon. I think I have also got the start of a cold coming on like this morning I was very sniffy and whiffy.

Get well soon x
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Evening all, how is everyone's Christmas eve eve going?

Yo
    Ha, that's fair enough @independent_ . Another button I like is the randomiser button on Netflix! It chooses what to watch for you.

How is Coronation Street this evening? Glad to hear you are resting and trying not to infect people :)
    Hey @FordRanger. How are you this evening? :)
    edited December 2022
    Hey @FordRanger. How are you this evening? :)

I'm not feeling 100 percent and worried about my future, are you ok though @Laura_tigger82
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    Thanks @FordRanger

i cant believe its xmas eve eve :3 i got my tv on.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Thanks @FordRanger

i cant believe its xmas eve eve :3 i got my tv on.

It's cool, what are you watching @Amy22
    It sounds really difficult that you are not feeling 100 percent and worried about your future @FordRanger. Is there anything, in particular, that is making you feel this way at the moment?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. I am good thank you but here to support you most importantly :)
    @Laura_tigger82 it’s been alright, just on in the background. Not really paying it full attention to know what’s going on.

Yeah I had one drink earlier cuz I fancied it but the thought of any more makes me want to hide in a corner so I’m glad I stayed home, but sister raging wasn’t exactly helpful.

Ooh I’ve never seen that button, tempted to go find it lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Ooh, what are you watching @Amy22? Only if you want to share that of course. I am intrigued :)
    That's fair @independent_. Sometimes background TV is more than enough - especially when you are feeling poorly.

It sounds positive that you are doing what you fancy and looking after yourself and your boundaries. However, I can hear your sister raging wasn't exactly helpful.

Would you like to tell us more about how this made you feel? Here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Good luck finding the button! I do find it a useful shortcut to scrolling through for ages =)
    It’s ok, can’t be arsed letting her bother me. Thank you though @Laura_tigger82 <3

Mum’s out for her christmas party with work tonight then busy couple of days so I really hope I’m feeling better but I doubt it. I still have to wrap a couple of presents for mum (dad wants me to do his as well) so I’ll go find those soon and get them done. Adulting sucks!!!!!
    Im watching Mrs Doubtfire on my tv, its the one with Robin Williams :)
    Yeah I tend to have the tv on as background noise tbh :) I tend to multitask between my laptop and my tv lol
    It sounds really difficult that you are not feeling 100 percent and worried about your future @FordRanger. Is there anything, in particular, that is making you feel this way at the moment?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. I am good thank you but here to support you most importantly :)

It's just I feel like a failure, I don't have a proper job yet, my cousin said I should be earning money now I'm 22 which I cried about the first time but recently when he said it I didnt because even though I'm not on best of terms he's right. I'm not sure what to do, I feel unmotivated. It sucks

Omg love that film. I’m watching a programme about food right now but of course I am
    You are doing really well @independent_. It sounds like you are trying to rise above it which is really positive, especially so that it doesn't bother you.

I hope you are feeling better for the busy couple of days. However, I can hear your doubt - you can only do your best and feel how you feel.

Good luck with wrapping your mum and dad's presents. Adulting can, indeed, suck sometimes :p
    It sounds like you are enjoying watching Mrs Doubtfire @Amy22, especially as it has Robin Williams in it. Do you have a particular favourite thing about Mrs Doubtfire? :)

Omg love that film. I’m watching a programme about food right now but of course I am

Ikr it's such a good film!. Oo, I love food programmnes though they make me hungry halfway through watching aha.
    I can hear how difficult this is for you @FordRanger. Different people are at different stages at different times though and that’s ok.

How are you feeling, other than through people’s comments, about not having a proper job yet? No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel comfortable.

I can hear how you might agree though and that you are not sure what to do and feel unmotivated. Is there anything, in particular, that might help you to feel more motivated at the moment?

Please feel free to keep us all in the loop with how you are doing. We are all here for you and listening to you :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Oooh, what food programme @independent_ ? :)
    It sounds like you are enjoying watching Mrs Doubtfire @Amy22, especially as it has Robin Williams in it. Do you have a particular favourite thing about Mrs Doubtfire? :)

Aww thank you I really enjoy it. Im not sure I'd say everything about it :).
    Hi @Dancer. How are you this evening? :)
    I agree @Amy22 - almost always need snacks whilst I watch food programmes! B)
    Hi @Dancer
    I think I am going to binge-watch the Nativity series tomorrow. What are everyone else's plans for Christmas eve? :)