Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    i7guxhhmkg7p.png
    This bit has to be up there! Isn't there a doubtfire musical coming out soon?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2022
    I can hear how difficult this is for you @FordRanger. Different people are at different stages at different times though and that’s ok.

How are you feeling, other than through people’s comments, about not having a proper job yet? No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel comfortable.

I can hear how you might agree though and that you are not sure what to do and feel unmotivated. Is there anything, in particular, that might help you to feel more motivated at the moment?

Please feel free to keep us all in the loop with how you are doing. We are all here for you and listening to you :)

I feel like its definitely not ideal either. Like unless you're physically or mentally unable to work I feel like its embarassing to be unemployed, it doesn't look good when dating too when you tell a woman that. I was on calm talking about my situation that I don't want to do some job that I don't like, even she said its better than stuck at home bored and skint

I think she was out of order saying that though, she doesn't know my circumstances, I felt like she was being rude and assuming so I kicked off a bit. Do you think she was being out of order?

[Pictures removed by moderator]
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,269 Boards Guru
    Uhh
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger She definitely did not phrase whatever she was trying to say well, it's not helpful to someone who needs help to imply they're failing at the moment when that's not true. But also I'm not sure kicking off helped the situation either, even though I totally understand why you were so mad, so I guess try to leave the situations first if you can
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    Wrapping is done. Finally!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    What's up @Chloe234? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Yay, well done on the wrapping @independent_ :)
    Thank you <3@Laura_tigger82 I’m glad it’s out the way, just need to tick off the to do list and make sure everything is done that needs done, no doubt I’ll have forgot something won’t I?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger She definitely did not phrase whatever she was trying to say well, it's not helpful to someone who needs help to imply they're failing at the moment when that's not true. But also I'm not sure kicking off helped the situation either, even though I totally understand why you were so mad, so I guess try to leave the situations first if you can

@leyla26 I think the same worker has said similar things before prior to that, normally I tried to stay cool or I just ended the conversation like cut it off but I felt like I just need to like make her aware that it's kind of rude what she's saying because she doesn't know anything about me apart from what I have told her.

Anyway how's your Peugeot? I think you said your dad is getting a new car too a few weeks or months ago did het it?

Love ticking things off to do lists @independent_ . I believe in you - I am sure you will get everything done that needs done, even if that is with initially forgetting things (we all do!) :3
    @FordRanger That's definitely true, she doesn't know you at all and it's not fair for her to tell you exactly what to do. You can tell her that without giving specific insults in the future though if you wanted to avoid getting your chats closed, I'm not too sure how many chances you're allowed on things like CALM so just be careful :)

Peugeot is alright, someone accidentally let a trolley go and scratched all the side of it so now I gotta get that fixed. He's still looking for it because he's so indecisive lmao. I think he's between the bigger version of my car and maybe a Corsa
    It sounds really frustrating that you keep hearing things like that @FordRanger. It is positive that you recognise you know the most about you though.

Hopefully, with time you will access the support you need and deserve. What would your ideal next steps look like for you? :)
    Oh no about the trolley @leyla26 :/
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    @FordRanger That's definitely true, she doesn't know you at all and it's not fair for her to tell you exactly what to do. You can tell her that without giving specific insults in the future though if you wanted to avoid getting your chats closed, I'm not too sure how many chances you're allowed on things like CALM so just be careful :)

Peugeot is alright, someone accidentally let a trolley go and scratched all the side of it so now I gotta get that fixed. He's still looking for it because he's so indecisive lmao. I think he's between the bigger version of my car and maybe a Corsa

Yh true, I just got a bit pissed off, I feel like a lot of people would if she said the same to them.

Nice, bigger version would be the Peugoet 208 , I think its not bad especially the current version it's futuristic. Corsa is ok too
    @leyla26 how are you? Feels like it been ages!!

@FordRanger ooh we did a long journey in the Mokka yesterday, what a great car. I love it, and i always think of you when i have car news!

@Laura_tigger82 yeah I love ticking stuff off too. I’m just having to drag myself through at the moment because I can’t ignore the fact christmas is in 2 days :lol:
    @Chloe234 Hello fur babiesssssssssssssssssssss :') You took absolutely immaculate photos this week. 10/10. Crowd goes wild. Amazing. I adore them
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster

It's always tricky when it feels like people don't understand what we are feeling or say something that insensitive. We can't control this, but as Leyla says, we can control our reactions to these things and so removing ourselves from unhelpful or hurtful conversations wherever possible can be the best way forward.

Just an fyi, I have removed the images of your conversation as these are private messages, and I think you've given a good overview of the conversation. Charities should have ways to complain if you are unhappy with the support they have provided, so I would encourage you to raise it through those channels.

Whilst what they said wasn't helpful for you, it is good that you felt able to reach out to for support. What kind of things do you think would be helpful in moving forward with finding a job you would like?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

It sounds really frustrating that you keep hearing things like that @FordRanger. It is positive that you recognise you know the most about you though.

Hopefully, with time you will access the support you need and deserve. What would your ideal next steps look like for you? :)

Yh people criticising me.

I'm not sure tbh job wise maybe look for something in new year but I feel so unmotivated. I think support wise, i font usr calm anymore but I can keep using here and kooth. Mike messaged me some other places I can get support too
    @FordRanger Yeaaah the 208, that's it!! Honestly wish I'd got one tbh I don't like how crap the engine seems to be for the 108, but it's not like I need to go fast anywhere so eh it's okay. Would you say the corsa or 208 would be a better choice?
    @Chloe234 So amazing! Pets are the best, aren't they? :)

@FordRanger It is ok to acknowledge that you felt angry. Anger can be channeled in different ways though and some of those ways might mean you are less likely to have your chats ended <3

@independent_ Christmas is coming quickly now, isn't it? How are you feeling about Christmas? :)
    @Chloe234 Hello fur babiesssssssssssssssssssss :') You took absolutely immaculate photos this week. 10/10. Crowd goes wild. Amazing. I adore them

Hehehe nora wasn't so happy about the bath tho
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    @Chloe234 So amazing! Pets are the best, aren't they? :)
    They really are!
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Oh dear! Bless Nora and the bath @Chloe234 <3
    @Laura_tigger82 I’m looking forward to it, I’m so annoyed about being ill because I love christmas and I’m just hoping to be better for it.
    @leyla26 how are you? Feels like it been ages!!

@FordRanger ooh we did a long journey in the Mokka yesterday, what a great car. I love it, and i always think of you when i have car news!

@Laura_tigger82 yeah I love ticking stuff off too. I’m just having to drag myself through at the moment because I can’t ignore the fact christmas is in 2 days :lol:

@independent_ Nice, I think my uncle is getting a Corsa work car at some point because he was a driving instructor before covid but he didn't get back into it after but now he's getting back into it at some point next year. Pick me up in the Mokka though, I could have a go at it too.
    It sounds positive that you are aware of some spaces you can still access and receive support @FordRanger. We believe you'll get there and be more motivated in time when you are ready :)
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    I'm up my nan's and bamp's tomorrow for Christmas Eve, I'm looking forward to seeing them and guess what?. Lol I will be seeing them again on Boxing day aha
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    I hope you'll be better in time to enjoy Christmas too @independent_ . Not least because you are really looking forward to it and you love Christmas :)