Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Ah I see, what are you studying?

Sorry for the late response I have been quite busy at the moment. I am studying a Level 3 creative media course in TV and film. So I'm kinda a film student at the moment.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited January 2023
    Ah cool, lots of my friends actually studied those types of courses. I have no idea what it actually entails though. :D Is it the production side of TV and film?
    edited September 18
    Ah cool, lots of my friends actually studied those types of courses. I have no idea what it actually entails though. :D Is it the production side of TV and film?

Its kinda like the tv and film side of it. Like part of my course is actually going out and making a short film. I make short film and stuff really. I also watch films and talk about them. I love what I do its so fun. At the moment, Im doing a horror film in my group which is on cults which is going to be cool.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Well then, I'd be interested to know what sorts of things you look for and find cool while watching films.

So, as a group do you do everything with your own short film? Decide the genre, topic, script write, act and record? I guess personally I would most enjoy the narrative and writing side.
    edited September 18
    Well then, I'd be interested to know what sorts of things you look for and find cool while watching films.

So, as a group do you do everything with your own short film? Decide the genre, topic, script write, act and record? I guess personally I would most enjoy the narrative and writing side.

Yeah pretty much. In a group we decide on the idea, this time it was one of my friend's ideas and I really liked it. There is a lot of planning that goes into it a lot especially with locations. Im the same as I prefer the writing and the narrative more. As its one of my aspirations to be a script writer alongside my art n stuff.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Evening
    Hi
    Hey Amy, hope you're well
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,072 Wise Owl
    Hope everyone has had a great weekend :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 18
    Hi
    Hey Amy, hope you're well

Hi so sorry for the late response I have been quite busy at the moment. I'm doing okay at the moment. I hope you are doing well too :)

@ebyrne556 I had an okay weekend I had a bit of a rest as this week I will be making a short horror film which is very exciting but also stressful at the same time 😂😭
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,072 Wise Owl
    Morning @Amy22 Hope this weeks been less busy although it sounds very exciting! A short horror film!! Sounds so cool Are you making it just for pleasure or is it part of coursework? Look forward to hearing how you are getting on
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    Just like @ebyrne556, I would also be interested to hear more about your horror film @Amy22. Only if you want to share more with us about this though of course :)

Good evening everyone. How are we all? :)
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,270 Boards Guru
    There gonna be a support thread? Can't find it
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Yo
    There is indeed @Chloe234! You can blame me - I was trying to perfect it :p
    Yo @FordRanger. How are you doing? :)
    Yo @FordRanger. How are you doing? :)

@Laura_tigger82 I'm not 100 percent, I didnt sleep properly and was stressed before. I made a discussion about it. Im not too bad though wbu
    edited January 2023
    It sounds really difficult that you're not 100% @FordRanger and you haven't been sleeping properly and you've been feeling stressed.

Would anything, in particular, help to support you with all this at the moment? It sounds like you are having a really difficult time at the moment.

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. I can sense you are trying to be positive though despite all of this which is really brave :)
    v8c3xc9yfjgo.jpg
    @leyla26 @Laura_tigger82 morgy sais hi
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @Chloe234 Hello Morgannnnn <3 We miss you too but we hope you're taking care of yourself on your lil boards break :)
    edited January 2023
    Thanks for sharing this with me @Chloe234. I say hey to Morgan too - been wondering where and how Morgan is :p
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Yo
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Yo @Dancer. How are you doing? :)
    Yo @Dancer. How are you doing? :)

Tired.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    How have you been sleeping @Dancer? <3
    @Laura_tigger82 morgy asked me to tell you they're having a break from boards and Mike has deactivated my account for a bit and they're struggling but I'll be fine eventually

@leyla26 morgy asked for me to tell you
    them and abi broke up on tuesday....
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    How have you been sleeping @Dancer? <3

I don't like having to wake up at 6:30am but at least I get a lay in. And then on Monday I don't have to be at school until 10:30am.
    It sounds really difficult that you're not 100% @FordRanger and you haven't been sleeping properly and you've been feeling stressed.

Would anything, in particular, help to support you with all this at the moment? It sounds like you are having a really difficult time at the moment.

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. I can sense you are trying to be positive though despite all of this which is really brave :)

@Laura_tigger82 I think someone to talk to would help. I appreciate the support though
    @Chloe234 I hope Morgy finds the break helpful, doesn't have to struggle alone and can draw on the things that are usually useful <3
    I gave one of my classmates some breakup advice today and I haven't even been in a proper relationship before so it surprised me that I was actually able to be sort of useful. To be fair, I found most of the advice on Google although I did give my own piece of advice too.
    I said "Fuck him- not literally!"