Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @Chloe234 Oh no :( I hope it's for the best for both of them even if it doesn't feel like it right now <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    @Dancer - I can totally hear why you wouldn't like having to wake up at 6:30 am (I am also not a fan of early mornings!). I hope you enjoy your lay-in :3

Wow for not having to be in until 10:30 am on Monday - extra big lay-in. Would you like to share with us why you don't have to be in until 10:30 am on Monday? :p
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    You can talk to us if you want to @FordRanger, if that feels comfortable. I know you are really resourceful in being aware of all the support options though :)
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Hey @leyla26
    Well done you @Dancer. What an amazing achievement!

Often, just being there helps. It is even more amazing that you were able to give your own piece of advice too :)
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,270 Boards Guru
    @leyla26 you on sc on Tuesday? I don't know if I'm gonna sign up or not
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    edited January 2023
    @Dancer - I can totally hear why you wouldn't like having to wake up at 6:30 am (I am also not a fan of early mornings!). I hope you enjoy your lay-in :3

Wow for not having to be in until 10:30 am on Monday - extra big lay-in. Would you like to share with us why you don't have to be in until 10:30 am on Monday? :p

Because a perk of being in sixth form means I sometimes have days where I don't have a lesson in the morning. If I don't have lesson 1 then I still have to come in at normal time and I would have an independent study session but if I don't have lesson 1 or lesson 2, I can come in later.
    It still means I have to wake up just after 8am though but I suppose it's better than 6:30am.
    Lesson 1- 8:30am to 9:30am
    Lesson 2- 9:30am to 10:30am
    Form- 10:30am to 10:50am
    Break- 10:50am to 11:15am
    Lesson 3- 11:15am to 12:15pm
    Lesson 4- 12:15pm to 1:15pm
    Lunch- 1:15pm to 2pm
    Lesson 5- 2pm to 3pm

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    FordRanger wrote: »

He isn't on boards tonight I don't think
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    edited January 2023
    You can talk to us if you want to @FordRanger, if that feels comfortable. I know you are really resourceful in being aware of all the support options though :)

@Laura_tigger82 that's what I do, I try to vent on boards and stuff which does help
    @FordRanger Hello sir! What's new in the life of Ford??
    @Chloe234 I actually think it's Mike on Circle on Tuesday! :)
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @Chloe234 I actually think it's Mike on Circle on Tuesday! :)

Oh okay
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    @FordRanger Hello sir! What's new in the life of Ford??

@leyla26 nothing much wbu
    @Dancer - I see! Thank you for clarifying that for me. Yay for sixth form, especially with not having to wake up until 8 am on Monday :)
    @FordRanger - It is really positive to hear you feel able to vent on the boards and stuff which helps. Is there anything you want to get off your chest this evening that might help you? :)
    @FordRanger - It is really positive to hear you feel able to vent on the boards and stuff which helps. Is there anything you want to get off your chest this evening that might help you? :)

@Laura_tigger82 yh, I'm just worried about my future and I just think my self esteem isn't tye best, that what I made a discussion about
    @FordRanger I think I'm getting a promotion at work which is scary and exciting!! Not planning on staying there for longer than a probably another year or so but it'll pay more and look good lmao so probably worth it :)

Have you watched any good Youtube videos or anything recently? Anything stand out?
    edited January 2023
    I hear you @FordRanger. It sounds like finding what you want to do for your career is really difficult for you at the moment.

However, being unsure about your future also means you have low self-esteem (which might in turn also affect certainty about your future). Both of these are affecting your sleep.

Hopefully, our wonderful community members will be able to respond to your thread soon. I can hear talking to people (particularly non-doubtful people!) is helpful for you <3
    @FordRanger I think I'm getting a promotion at work which is scary and exciting!! Not planning on staying there for longer than a probably another year or so but it'll pay more and look good lmao so probably worth it :)

Have you watched any good Youtube videos or anything recently? Anything stand out?

@leyla26 what job is it? That's good though, congrats.

I just been watching High Peak Autos, he made a video on some cars he bought and sold for profit. He's a car dealership in Stockport and reviews cars. Also been watching Matt Watson from carwow. Ksi also win his fight against Faze Temperr
    I hear you @FordRanger. It sounds like finding what you want to do for your career is really difficult for you at the moment.

However, being unsure about your future also means you have low self-esteem (which might in turn also affect certainty about your future). Both of these are affecting your sleep.

Hopefully, our wonderful community members will be able to respond to your thread soon. I can hear talking to people (particularly non-doubtful people!) is helpful for you <3

@Laura_tigger82 yh hopefully I can get everything sorted, soon as well. ❤
    Sounds like you have been watching some really interesting things @FordRanger, especially with cars (but also Ksi winning his fight against Faze Temperr). Do you have a particular favourite out of those you have been watching? :)
    gn8dfl712gng.jpg
    @leyla26 I don't have any pics of nora I took recently so here's one from last year
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Sounds like you have been watching some really interesting things @FordRanger, especially with cars (but also Ksi winning his fight against Faze Temperr). Do you have a particular favourite out of those you have been watching? :)

@Laura_tigger82 yh I like Matt Watson from Carwow. Also I was watching Deji who uploaded recently, he's an example of not giving up, he lost 3 boxing fights and finally won his 4th fight, people was saying give up boxing, he's shit etc but he proved them wrong.
    Hoping that for you @FordRanger. However, these things take time so make sure you are looking out for yourself too :)
    edited January 2023
    Awww, Nora with a Christmas-themed hat!! @Chloe234 <3
    How inspiring @FordRanger. Two really important messages you have taken from that too.

The messages regarding proving people wrong and not giving up even when it is tough :)
    Hoping that for you @FordRanger. However, these things take time so make sure you are looking out for yourself too :)

@Laura_tigger82 yh they do take time, even him it took a few years to get a win
    How inspiring @FordRanger. Two really important messages you have taken from that too.

The messages regarding proving people wrong and not giving up even when it is tough :)

@Laura_tigger82 yh