Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I agree the toffee yum yum are on another level. Mm the apple turnovers are the best too. Aww thank you so much, my dad has to have an angeogeam (I think that's is how it is pronounced not sure), to check if his heart I alright love him, he has an infection quite recently in his hip n stuff.

I truly wish him the best and that it's something not too hard to fix or serious <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,570 The Mix Elder
    Petition to ban custard doughnuts
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    leyla26 wrote: »
    Custard doughnuts are vile and those who don't agree are not normal people ;) but my partner is one of those not normal people, so I guess I'm quite accepting, I'm not scary over custard doughnuts I promise !

Oi, don't start, you. No custard donut slander in this thread!

I'm just being myself ;)@leyla26 nah i buy them for my partner and he doesn't have to share them, so he's happy!! They're his favourite thing.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Elle I wish I was able to fill your vape for you. We need a button for a vape refill tbh
    I'm feeling tempted by a cigarette, I know I shouldn't but I filled the vape so hopefully I can resist a real cigarette lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited August 2022
    Thank you @Leyla26 its been a bit of a mad year as its been a lot of travelling back and forth to hospital appointments and visits. Buts it's been okay.
    Mm typos
    I'm feeling tempted by a cigarette, I know I shouldn't but I filled the vape so hopefully I can resist a real cigarette lol

You can resist, I believe!! Have your nice tasting vape instead
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Thank you @Leyla26 its been a bit of a mad year as its been a lot of travelling back and forth to hospital appointments and visits. Buts it's been okay.

The not knowing is the worst, every time you think it might be something it shows up negative and you don't know where to go next!! Hopefully you'll get to the bottom of it soon and will be able to put the whole thing to bed <3
    Thank you so much @Leyla26 :)
    I have my menthol @leyla26 I'm trying not to put pressure on myself this weekend/next week re the quitting smoking thing, if I smoke it's not the end of the world but I'm still gonna try not to. But stress is a huge trigger so we'll see how that goes. But menthol is much nicer (I'll tell myself this whenever I want one)
    I agree with @leyla26 you got this Elle Vapes are nicer I think yeah.
    edited August 2022
    Menthol is such a nice scent/flavour. I got a diffuser with a menthol scent its very good for colds :)
    They defo are @Amy22 it's just hard nicotine addiction sucks !! But I have to try don't I
    edited August 2022
    @independent_ I feel you, I'm sure you do well though, it's take a small step to get to your goal. I'm sure you'll ge able to beat your nicotine addiction. <3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Hi @Dancer :)
    Thank you @Amy22 maybe one day I'll be off it but it's the only thing that gets me through, it's harder to stop vaping than smoking.

@Dancer hey!! How are you?
    I was just thinking how fast August has come around, its going to be September soon :hushed:
    Omg it has hasn't it @Amy22, I can't believe how fast this year has gone, I'll be 20 soon :lol: omg that sounds like a functional adult and I am not one!!!
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Omg my anxiety has been bad this week but thankfully it has slightly calmed down now.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @Dancer I'm glad it's calmed down, it's always such a relief when things calm down a bit I really feel that. Anything you think has helped it to calm down or just random ?
    I'm glad it is getting better a bit Dancer, it's hard when you have been anxious during the week. I'm glad though it has gotten better :)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I dunno whether it's just not my thing, but I'm lucky enough that smoking has never done anything for me. Tried a lot of different things tbh but none of em ever took control of me.

But on the flipside I've seen plenty of addiction in close family and friends. Good luck with quitting Elle! I think the main thing with smoking is to think of the money you'll save :D
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    edited August 2022
    Hi :)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey egm
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,266 Boards Guru
    Hi EGM
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    I dunno whether it's just not my thing, but I'm lucky enough that smoking has never done anything for me. Tried a lot of different things tbh but none of em ever took control of me.

But on the flipside I've seen plenty of addiction in close family and friends. Good luck with quitting Elle! I think the main thing with smoking is to think of the money you'll save :D

Thank you @Past User it’s a hard habit to break but the vape helps.

How’ve you been?

Also hey @EGM been a while!!
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,266 Boards Guru
    Morning @independent_
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Morning @Chloe234 how are you?