Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,570 The Mix Elder
    Oof I got fosters in the fridge, idk how people can drink the stuff really. I had some Arizona pomegranate green tea today it was nice.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    I have headphones but they aren't noise cancelling ones. It's also all the crowds that would be a problem. There isn't exactly anywhere quiet to go either because it will be busy everywhere. I sort of want to go but then I also don't want to go. I don't know if my mum has actually accepted the tickets yet.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Yeah crowds can be a scary thing especially at massive concerts.
    Sending hugs to you @Chloe234 <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    @leyla26 personally I like Tennents (the Scottish one) and moretti and peroni (the Italian ones). But if you don't like lager not sure if you'll like those either haha !!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ They do sound nice, but I'm not much of a lager fan really.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Believe it or not it took me over 5 years to reach 1000 posts, but this thread made all the difference. The original poster of this thread was shocked how much it took off. They're not on here anymore but I'm glad the thread is still going, it built up loads of my posts in the old days lol @Ed_

@leyla26 it's just a can of boring old lager, there's no cold wine and I'd rather eat custard doughnuts than drink warm wine :lol:

Not going to lie, I read that as "I'd rather eat cold custard doughnuts" and thought, who eats custard doughnuts hot. I think my brain has already checked in to weekend mode :lol:
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @leyla26 personally I like Tennents (the Scottish one) and moretti and peroni (the Italian ones). But if you don't like lager not sure if you'll like those either haha !!

It's worth a try!! I've been training myself to like coffee the last few weeks and it's going decently well so maybe I can also like lager in like. A year hahah. I think lager could poooossibly take a bit longer than coffee
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Oof I got fosters in the fridge, idk how people can drink the stuff really. I had some Arizona pomegranate green tea today it was nice.

That sounds like such a beautiful tea. I love the idea of herbal tea, I wish I could try every single one
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I neve tried herbal tea before but its something I might try. Arizona tea is lush, it's like an iced tea. I found it in Lidl today. I was just thinking about lidl bakery right now :lol:
    @Ed_ the real question is ... who eats custard doughnuts at all ??
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I neve tried herbal tea before but its something I might try. Arizona tea is lush, it's like an iced tea. I found it in Lidl today. I was just thinking about lidl bakery right now :lol:

I'm uneducated in tea, I thought green tea was a type of herbal tea hahaha oopsies!! Lidl bakery is absolutely top TOP tier, never had a bad pastry from there. Which is ya fave @Amy22??
    @leyla26 coffee is the best drink out there!!
    @leyla26 coffee is the best drink out there!!

@independent_ I'm slowly but surely being converted!! Especially for iced coffee. I had a chocolate brownie frappe yesterday and god I was ASCENDING
    I am drunk oopses !!
    @leyla26 Lidl bakery is the best it has everything i need atm. I managed to try the pecan and maple plait it was so nice! (Had it for breakfast today on the go as we were taking my dad to get his swob test thing ready for his day surgery on Monday) . I do like their toffee yum yums though. Can't fault a pastry from there, I end up going in and buying a pastry from there =)
    I really want to get into drinking coffee specifically iced coffee, it might become my go to for second year :lol:
    I am drunk oopses !!

She's drunk everyone!!! Don't be too hungover for the kitchen stuff tomorrow though hehe
    edited August 2022
    I'm more of a jam doughnut fan than custard...nah not the custard lol 😂 😂
    @leyla26 Lidl bakery is the best it has everything i need atm. I managed to try the pecan and maple plait it was so nice! (Had it for breakfast today on the go as we were taking my dad to get his swob test thing ready for his day surgery on Monday) . I do like their toffee yum yums though. Can't fault a pastry from there, I end up going in and buying a pastry from there =)

@Amy22 The toffee yumyums are absolutely the best from there. Their donuts are also very very nice. Oh and their apple turn overs hahaha there's too many good options out there! I've never had the pecan and maple plait though, will have to give it a go.. I hope his surgery will go well by the way, whatever it's for <3
    Yes well that might just be an issue @leyla26 might have to resort to the emergency ibuprofen at 2am like I did last week at the in-laws lol
    I really want to get into drinking coffee specifically iced coffee, it might become my go to for second year :lol:

Iced coffee is the way to go!! Start with iced mochas I'd say, they taste a bit less like coffee so it's easier to get into it I reckon
    Custard doughnuts are vile and those who don't agree are not normal people ;) but my partner is one of those not normal people, so I guess I'm quite accepting, I'm not scary over custard doughnuts I promise !
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    leyla26 wrote: »

Iced coffee is the way to go!! Start with iced mochas I'd say, they taste a bit less like coffee so it's easier to get into it I reckon

Iced mochas are definitely the gateway coffee. Agree btw, @independent_ Custard doughnuts are a bit meh, though chocolate custard doughnuts are a winner
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

I agree the toffee yum yum are on another level. Mm the apple turnovers are the best too. Aww thank you so much, my dad has to have an angeogeam (I think that's is how it is pronounced not sure), to check if his heart I alright love him, he has an infection quite recently in his hip n stuff.
    Ooh mochas are lush! I had one in college a while ago but it was tge hot version. I'll have to give an iced mocha a go :)
    Strong coffee is the best. I love coffee!
    Ooh strong coffee is something I want to try...mm black coffee ☕ 🖤
    Custard doughnuts are vile and those who don't agree are not normal people ;) but my partner is one of those not normal people, so I guess I'm quite accepting, I'm not scary over custard doughnuts I promise !

Oi, don't start, you. No custard donut slander in this thread!
    My vape is empty can someone fill it for me plz