Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,133 Community Veteran
    Woohoo @Ed_ your part of the family now yay!
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    I've actually been promoted to 'wise owl' wouldn't you know :lol:
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 3,651 Community Veteran
    Dancer wrote: »
    What are we going to do? This will be the end of us! You hear! The end of us! Sorry but I had to include one of my lines from the show I had today when responding to what @independent_ said.

You have to be dramatic or else there's no point! And it fitted too well to miss the chance
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Look at you Ed going up in the world :)
  • Options
    I’m gonna get another (alcoholic, do not judge) drink and then get my laptop and put my phone on charge lol

No judgement here for drinking, only judging what drink you end up choosing..
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Also, it's finally happened! After pretty much 7 years on here :lol:

4pjb04pes50s.png

I'm so glad I could be here for this momentous moment! But this also makes me fear how long it could take me to reach 1000 posts </3
  • Options
    I badly wanna get Djungleskog from IKEA so bad!. :lol:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,911 Master Poster
    edited August 2022
    My mum was wanting to take me to a concert that she won tickets to but I don't know if it's a good idea. Concerts get loud and crowded and that's not great with autism and anxiety. I also don't exactly want to go but my mum is sort of making me go. It's a decent singer but I'm just not 100% sure if I want to go.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Dancer I feel you there as concerts can be noisy and loud at times. You could always mention to your mum about how you feel about going to the concert. Idk if this might help either hut maybe taking earbuds or headphones could be handy to reduce the amount of noise.
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »

Amy my Djungleskog is watching this chat and says that you should buy his brother!!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    Believe it or not it took me over 5 years to reach 1000 posts, but this thread made all the difference. The original poster of this thread was shocked how much it took off. They're not on here anymore but I'm glad the thread is still going, it built up loads of my posts in the old days lol @Ed_

@leyla26 it's just a can of boring old lager, there's no cold wine and I'd rather eat custard doughnuts than drink warm wine :lol:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    My mum was wanting to take me to a concert that she won tickets to but I don't know if it's a good idea. Concerts get loud and crowded and that's not great with autism and anxiety. I also don't exactly want to go but my mum is sort of making me go. It's a decent singer but I'm just not 100% sure if I want to go.

I wonder why she can't go with someone else? I wouldn't want to go to a concert knowing that the person I'm with isnt having a good time :(
  • Options
    I just feel bad about not wanting to go because I know that my mum really wants to go and she would want me to go with her. She knows that I would struggle with a concert but she basically says that I can't let my autism stop me from doing everything. Obviously there are some things that I cannot do no matter how much I try.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @leyla26 My life will be complete when I do get them, they can be buddies lol 😂
  • Options
    @Dancer I understand how you feel as it must be a hard decision for you to make. Sending hugs xx <3
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    leyla26 wrote: »

Amy my Djungleskog is watching this chat and says that you should buy his brother!!

Am I the only one here who has no idea what this is?!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Believe it or not it took me over 5 years to reach 1000 posts, but this thread made all the difference. The original poster of this thread was shocked how much it took off. They're not on here anymore but I'm glad the thread is still going, it built up loads of my posts in the old days lol @Ed_

@leyla26 it's just a can of boring old lager, there's no cold wine and I'd rather eat custard doughnuts than drink warm wine :lol:

5 years???? Oh I'm never gonna get there am I </3 I'm also glad this thread exists, it's the perfect idea for just friendships and life!!

And yeah... NOW I'm judging that alcohol choice, I'd rather the warm wine than a lager!
  • Options
    Thank you. I feel worried that my mum will end up deciding to not go to the concert at all and then I will feel bad because it's not the first time she has had to cancel going to a concert that she wanted to go to but that was not because of me. She won't be happy.
  • Options
    I just feel bad about not wanting to go because I know that my mum really wants to go and she would want me to go with her. She knows that I would struggle with a concert but she basically says that I can't let my autism stop me from doing everything. Obviously there are some things that I cannot do no matter how much I try.

@Dancer I have an autistic friend who can go to concerts waaay more comfortably because they use ear defenders!! Normal earphones would obviously help but there are ones built for these sorts of things that might be better https://theabilitytoolbox.com/autism-noise-canceling-headphones-earplugs/
  • Options
    @Ed_ Omg you need to google this guy up he's a literal Ikea god!
  • Options
    Ed_ wrote: »

Am I the only one here who has no idea what this is?!

Me too haha @Ed_
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

I wonder why she can't go with someone else? I wouldn't want to go to a concert knowing that the person I'm with isnt having a good time :(

My sister would most likely be at work and the only music that she really listens to is heavy metal or Disney. She doesn't really have any friends that she could go with either.
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,217 Boards Champion
    hi everyone, waitttt @leyla26 !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I also agree with @leyla26 too about headphones as they are soo handy to have. You don't have to feel bad about not wanting to go as if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you shouldent feel the need to do something that will make you feel uncomfortable. I'm kinda the same with concerts I'm not a fan of big crowds either.
  • Options
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    hi everyone, waitttt @leyla26 !!!!!!

I'm a board modder nowwwwww, at least on Fridays until chat is back!! And if I have time then maybe I can do after that too every now and then :D
  • Options
    @leyla26 lager is nice if you pick the right ones (note, fosters is disgusting) but you never know, maybe I am strange!!
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,217 Boards Champion
    @leyla26 haha i really needed chat tonight, im on the urge of tears but hey ho :) hru?
  • Options
    @leyla26 lager is nice if you pick the right ones (note, fosters is disgusting) but you never know, maybe I am strange!!

Oh wise one, tell me which are the nice lagers because I want to blend in when my friends go to the pub lmao
  • Options

It's a tricky one Dancer, but it is also a good skill to learn to be able to say how you feel about things and when you think you may struggle with something, so well done for doing that.

If you do end up going, one thing that could be useful to do in advance is to contact the venue, quite a few now have safe spaces or even sensory rooms that can be accessed by anyone who is finding the event a bit overwhelming, do you think something like that may be helpful?