Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,133 Community Veteran
    At least you made through to Friday Elle, how's the new kitchen going?. I'm kinda feeling lost as well and tired after results day :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    edited August 2022
    leyla26 wrote: »
    Ooh yay GC thread!!

I’m alright, tired and maybe a little bit tipsy because I promised myself no wine till Friday and now guess who’s drank nearly a bottle of wine :lol: Feeling a bit lost tbh don’t really know what to do with myself!

How’s everyone else

Hahaha you made it until Friday like you said you would though Elle!! How was the last couple of days? You were feeling pretty yucky on Tuesday from your holibobs

I'm not toooo bad, work was a bit busy but got to leave at 4 so couldve been worse :D

Yeah idk why I felt so terrible, probably just too much alcohol and junk food but hey it was fun!!! Felt better the day after and have been sooooooooooooooooo busyyyyyyyyyy, we’re getting a new kitchen on monday so this weekend is gonna be spent sorting shit out just like this entire week has been since I got back! So I am stressed!

@leyla26 getting to leave early is always a bonus!! I’ve had a spike text from my own work but I won’t be use to anyone tonight lol so I’m listening to happy music!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,888 Extreme Poster
    hey everyone :) x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 3,651 Community Veteran
    Amy22 wrote: »
    At least you made through to Friday Elle, how's the new kitchen going?. I'm kinda feeling lost as well and tired after results day :)

How did results day go Amy?! If you wanna say of course, I know after my results even though I was happy with them I still never wanted to think about them again hahaha
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options

JELLY LOOK I'M ON THE BOARDS
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @amy22 well it’s not started fitting yet, we still have the old one in just now but we went on a mad hunt for storage boxes this morning, once the cleaner has left tomorrow me and mum are going to lift all the stuff out and put it all in storage and set up a makeshift kitchen in the dining room, it’s stressful but all going to be worth it!!

Hey @Jellyelephant how are you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

wooo look at you go! its great to have u on here x
  • Options
    @independent_ The problem is with holidays is that they don't actually refresh you half the time lol, you need another week to get over the holidays!! And you went straight into having to do stuff for your kitchen, which is rude of the world to be honest

Oh absolutely ignore any and all texts to listen to music, much more important imo
  • Options
    I occasionally work spikes on a Friday night but think tonight is just gonna be wine and music @leyla26, i mean there’s no more cold rosé so maybe no more wine
  • Options

Great to be here too!! I feel like such a noob with my 9 posts compared to everyone else's though... How do I get loads of posts without it being flagged as spam hehe
  • Options

Great to be here too!! I feel like such a noob with my 9 posts compared to everyone else's though... How do I get loads of posts without it being flagged as spam hehe

yeh but you need to keep "confirmed not a robot" status to show spoon hahaha
  • Options
    @independent_ Wow it does sound like a lot to do. I can imagine how stressful it is having to move everything around. Well at least you'll be able to have a nice new kitchen soon :)

@Jellyelephant Hiya Jelly :)

@leyla26 I was so relived after Thursday tbh, I'm glad that I can do second year now so it's going to plan atm. I just now need to wait on my skills results next Thursday, low key dreading those results, I know I probably haven't done that great, as I didn't enjoy skills in college.
  • Options
    Mm the spam block is such a nightmare sometimes
  • Options
  • Options

yeh but you need to keep "confirmed not a robot" status to show spoon hahaha

Nooooo I just got upgraded and I didn't get a screenshot </333333 That was my one chance to prove Spoon wrong, the boards are against me
  • Options

I wonder if moderators have the same spam block but I'm a bit afraid to find out tbh!
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,911 Master Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @independent_ Wow it does sound like a lot to do. I can imagine how stressful it is having to move everything around. Well at least you'll be able to have a nice new kitchen soon :)

@leyla26 I was so relived after Thursday tbh, I'm glad that I can do second year now so it's going to plan atm. I just now need to wait on my skills results next Thursday, low key dreading those results, I know I probably haven't done that great, as I didn't enjoy skills in college.

Amy we're all proud of you for getting those results and also getting through the day!! Are the skills grades important? I don't think I've ever heard of them!
  • Options
    Oh wait you were actually able to make it on to the boards @leyla26 Yay!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Amy we're all proud of you for getting those results and also getting through the day!! Are the skills grades important? I don't think I've ever heard of them!

I think that Amy meant Functional Skills which is a qualification. I think that it is basically equivalent to a grade 4 at GCSE.
  • Options
    My phone’s gonna dieeeeeee!!
  • Options
    What are we going to do? This will be the end of us! You hear! The end of us! Sorry but I had to include one of my lines from the show I had today when responding to what @independent_ said.
  • Options
    @leyla26 Aww thank you so much!. I'm relieved though tbh I was soo scared like :lol: (typical me). I had them online. I think my skills might be important, not sure though but my tutors mentioned about needing to pass it. I feel so unorganised and unprepared for going back though to college. I'm supposed to have an idea of what I'm doing when I come back.

@Dancer Hi 😊
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Oh wait you were actually able to make it on to the boards @leyla26 Yay!

Yesss Aife told me about running these on Fridays whilst we get chat back running on Fridays and I was like hell yeah!! I want to try out the boards
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster

I wonder if moderators have the same spam block but I'm a bit afraid to find out tbh!

We tested this out the other week, and I think mods are immune to the spam block (don't let that power go to your head).
    My phone’s gonna dieeeeeee!!

The tension! Nothing worse than seeing 2% and not being sure how long it will last!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    @Dancer yeah I think it's something like that, I did a digital literacy skills qualification in college. I had to make websites.
  • Options
    I’m gonna get another (alcoholic, do not judge) drink and then get my laptop and put my phone on charge lol
  • Options
    @independent_ Oof it's scary when ur phones gonna die. I hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    That sounds like a great plan Elle :)
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Also, it's finally happened! After pretty much 7 years on here :lol:

4pjb04pes50s.png
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.