Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,897 Extreme Poster
    im really mad - our dryers here if you open the door while its still going the timer still counts down but the dryer stops drying your clothes while the door is open ofc.... come down to find someones opened the door on my clothes and left them wet in there with the door open. WHY. there is one persons stuff in a washer... and a free dryer... so why do that? theres zero point except to be a twat. Also you have to add £5 minimum to your laundry card at a time and i dont have enough for a fucking dry. So now i have wet clothes for no reason and nowhere to dry them im going down there now to see if anyone shows up i swear to god i will go mad
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    im really mad - our dryers here if you open the door while its still going the timer still counts down but the dryer stops drying your clothes while the door is open ofc.... come down to find someones opened the door on my clothes and left them wet in there with the door open. WHY. there is one persons stuff in a washer... and a free dryer... so why do that? theres zero point except to be a twat. Also you have to add £5 minimum to your laundry card at a time and i dont have enough for a fucking dry. So now i have wet clothes for no reason and nowhere to dry them im going down there now to see if anyone shows up i swear to god i will go mad

Oh my goodness that's infuriating @Jellyelephant why do people do things like that?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    I have a Liberty london colouring book it has all these beautiful intricate patterns I really like it and ou have to concentrate on it so that helps me. I’m glad you found the chat with crisis helpful I’m glad they’re supporting you. Have you watched any Christmas films yet? I love miracle on 34th street

ok2wz43d4hez.jpeg
    f0i80snltnfl.jpeg

Omg that so cool. Very detailed! How long that taken you?

I’m watching gavin and Stacy Christmas one.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

Oh my goodness that's infuriating @Jellyelephant why do people do things like that?

i know i dont get it - the other dryer was empty and nobody put there stuff in it so its not like someone wanted to use a dryer.... even if they did there is no excuse to stop my laundry drying but this is even more pointless and pathetic now i have to keep going down to check its still going i am livid honestly
  • Options
    63grpsc9tcou.jpeg

My sister came back from brimmingham and loook at how attached he is to my sister lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    it took me hours shaunie its so detailed haha i usually do them a bit at a time over a few days as it takes a lot of concentration. Teddy is so cute bless him <3
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 819 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh well, night on the sofa with no one coming over anymore. Sisters friends tested positive on a lateral flow so isn't coming over. I have no food in for tonight as she was going to grab a chippy on the way to mine so yeah fun. Won't be seeing her till lockdown (insert numbers) has past.
    Just shit as my autistic brain isn't understanding the change and won't be happy with the idea of im not having chips and curry sauce tonight (controversial maybe I don't care)
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options

i know i dont get it - the other dryer was empty and nobody put there stuff in it so its not like someone wanted to use a dryer.... even if they did there is no excuse to stop my laundry drying but this is even more pointless and pathetic now i have to keep going down to check its still going i am livid honestly

Omg why are some people so annoying? @Jellyelephant people make me so mad doing things like that. I hope you get it sorted
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Omg why are some people so annoying? @Jellyelephant people make me so mad doing things like that. I hope you get it sorted

thanks if i catch someone doing that again.... welll..... i wont be happy lets say. Just been down to check and its still going for now.
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »
    Oh well, night on the sofa with no one coming over anymore. Sisters friends tested positive on a lateral flow so isn't coming over. I have no food in for tonight as she was going to grab a chippy on the way to mine so yeah fun. Won't be seeing her till lockdown (insert numbers) has past.
    Just shit as my autistic brain isn't understanding the change and won't be happy with the idea of im not having chips and curry sauce tonight (controversial maybe I don't care)

Oh that's shit @Abigail I'm sorry. Hope you can have a chill night <3
  • Options

thanks if i catch someone doing that again.... welll..... i wont be happy lets say. Just been down to check and its still going for now.

I’d be raging too @Jellyelephant honestly
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    🥺🥺🥺🥺 he doesn’t look real

1ebv5qk8fn2s.jpeg
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    🥺🥺🥺🥺 he doesn’t look real

1ebv5qk8fn2s.jpeg

aw shaunie look at his little smushed up face ahhhhh love him so much
  • Options
    Don’t. I just wanna squash his lil checks 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫. He’s snoring away. Omggg too much he’s getting chubby though. Gunna have to wat h that lol getting to greedy and I might be giving him a few too many treats lol
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @TheMix can I PM about statistics of thread
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,153 Part of The Furniture
    Yay, I am really excited for us to get to 900 pages! I believe we can do it =)

Good luck @Jellyelephant. I am glad the results is a speedy process so you don't have too long where you are left wondering the outcome <3

Would you like to talk about what is making you feel agitated? Colouring and TV sounds like a great combination :) Your colouring looks great!

Good luck @zaynab_5. I have got my fingers crossed for you. Do you know what may be involved? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I'm really glad to hear you feel supported @zaynab_5 :)

Is there anything you would like to talk to us about for further clarification?

@Abigail oh no, I am autistic too so I understand difficulties with processing change :/ Is there a way you could order yourself a takeaway with chips and curry sauce?

Teddy looks super cuddly! @Shaunie <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Amazing @zaynab_5. I am really glad to hear it went well for you :)
  • Options
    Anybody else freezing? It feels so cold tonight and I have heating on.
  • Options
    Not me @independent_ but that is probably thanks to heating, hoodies, and blankets! :)
  • Options
    I’m sure I’ll heat up in time but I’m under a blanket with the heating on and still cold. I’m not generally too bothered by cold so it must be freezing.
  • Options
    Oh wow @independent_

Make sure you have lots of warm drinks too :3

And fluffy socks!
  • Options
    I’m sure I’ll heat up in time but I’m under a blanket with the heating on and still cold. I’m not generally too bothered by cold so it must be freezing.

have you got an electric blanket? Im living on mine atm lol its so cosy
  • Options
    I've caved and put heating on for an hour. Can't afford to but my hands and feet are blue
  • Options

I don’t @Jellyelephant but now I wish I did!!!
  • Options

I don’t @Jellyelephant but now I wish I did!!!

would 100% recommend one!!
  • Options
    Still time to add to Christmas lists @independent_
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I live in my snuddie atm from Primark they’re like the oodies but a lot cheaper and they’re so warm and comfy
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.