Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 819 Part of The Mix Family
    Seeing my sister tonight and we are all doing lateral flow tests before hand to keep safe. The dog obviously can't do one so is socially distancing from other dogs so she doesn't carry covid and pass it onto her human sister 😉

grbbot3j64os.jpg
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,674 Skive's The Limit
    Cute doggy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Abigail wrote: »
    Seeing my sister tonight and we are all doing lateral flow tests before hand to keep safe. The dog obviously can't do one so is socially distancing from other dogs so she doesn't carry covid and pass it onto her human sister 😉

grbbot3j64os.jpg

Glad you are doing covid tests! Thank you for protecting others
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie I really hope your appointment goes well

Ooooh @GreenTea that coffee does sound nice. Must try

Hey @Abigail nice to see you on this thread!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    Sure @Shaunie :) what would you like to talk about? give us a conversation starter!

I had a bacon sandwich for lunch @GreenTea. That was my highlight so far today! Think I am going to watch something Christmas-themed this afternoon. Probably Nativity 3 :)

Oh no @independent_ :/ I hope you are okay! You are reminding me of myself. I am always tripping over my own feet =)

Good luck @Shaunie and @GreenTea with both of your afternoons. Both feel free to let us know how you get on <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @independent_ definitely do! Shot of amoretto and normal coffee drink. Mix well. It's good
    Good afternoon @Abigail :)

How cute! Thanks for sharing <3

Good luck with your lateral flow tests and I hope you have a great time visiting your sister :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 Nativity films are funny. I haven't had lunch yet haha. Too stressed and upset. Crying because miss my dog. Horrible when pets die. Also anxiously awaiting to hear outcome of this covid meeting too. Struggling mentally. Want to self harm but battling it 💜
    Omg I’ve just received an email saying I’m suspended from work until my gp confirms I can work??)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I was planning to go back tomorrow
    Oh no @Shaunie :/

They probably just want to make sure you are feeling okay before you go back under work pressure <3
    Rum is out for delivery. Happy days
    @GreenTea

I am really sorry to hear you are struggling. We are here with listening ears. Hopefully, you will soon hear about the meeting outcome and feel relieved about your PCR results and can then eat something. Keep fighting forwards <3
    Rum arrived!
    Wahoo! @GreenTea :)
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    My aunt just came round for a coffee, haven’t seen her in a few months so that was nice
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Dandelion wrote: »
    My aunt just came round for a coffee, haven’t seen her in a few months so that was nice

Aw sounds lovely
    Aww, as @GreenTea says, that sounds lovely @Dandelion. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing your aunt :3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    I've been able to get an appointment for my 2nd dose of the vaccine. Getting it done on Wednesday morning at the GP surgery.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Yay, congratulations @Dancer :)

Wishing you all the best of luck with your vaccine <3
    edited December 2021
    The cat couldn't get any closer to me if it tried. Not sure if the cat is genuinely being cute or if the food bowl is empty.
    The food bowl was empty.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Ha, that made me chuckle @Dancer :)

Hope you can find out what your cat wants soon!
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,908 Extreme Poster
    im bored too. Went to get a PCR test from uni done before I go to my mums for christmas. It was grim cos it was a saliva sample so you have to spit in a straw lol. Just got home doing some laundry and watching tv but i feel well restless. Might do some colouring when ive put my laundry in the dryer. How is evryone?
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    im bored too. Went to get a PCR test from uni done before I go to my mums for christmas. It was grim cos it was a saliva sample so you have to spit in a straw lol. Just got home doing some laundry and watching tv but i feel well restless. Might do some colouring when ive put my laundry in the dryer. How is evryone?

Ooo that PCR sounds so much nicer than the throat and nose swab though! Hope it comes back negative so you can go to your mum's!
    Ha, that made me chuckle @Dancer :)

Hope you can find out what your cat wants soon!

Just edited the comment to say what it was
    Wish my feet would warm up, got 2 pairs of socks on and still cold lol hurts to walk on my feet.
    Hi @Jellyelephant

I am well thank you. Sorry to hear you are feeling restless :/

Good luck with your PCR test! I hope you have a wonderful time seeing your mum at Christmas :3

Well done for doing some laundry, that is such an achievement. Not least when you are already feeling restless.

What are you hoping to watch on TV? :3

I often find colouring relaxing and I hope you do too! <3
    edited December 2021
    Just saw the crisis team. He was very good. Very good at helping me think more clearly and was really clear and helpful
    We looked at DBT stuff together.

I rang work and was like ahhh I got this email. And they was like yeah they use the word suspension but doesn’t mean anything bad and just want me to get the support I need before work
    Anyone over 18 tried sly dog spiced rum?
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    Heeeeyyy @Jellyelephant lovely to see you on this thread! It’s amazing to see it so active again. I hope the test comes back negative too, and you have a lovely time seeing your mum at Christmas. I do agree with @GreenTea though it sounds somewhat better than having to shove the test thing down your throat, that is very unpleasant!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”