Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's the nose swabs that freak me out @independent_ haha. Covid tests are horrible in general. Still waiting to hear the outcome of the meeting today. They are probably still in the meeting but who knows. Wonder what's next for covid restrictions
  • Options
    Wonder if can get to 900 pages by new year. Wishful thinking?
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,888 Extreme Poster
    ah thanks guys - yeh its cos its an asymptomatic PCR test through uni so its not the usual swabbing luckily. When i do the swab i just sneeze a million times lol.

laura i am watching "paranoid" on netflix its a series its good ive watched 5 episodes lmao

shaunie glad ur apt with crisis went well x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Shaunie

I am really glad to hear that everyone is being supportive of you and that you found your crisis meeting useful. How was the DBT stuff? :)

No @GreenTea. I am over 18 but not a fan of alcohol :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I certainly think we can get to 900 pages by New Year @GreenTea =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ah thanks guys - yeh its cos its an asymptomatic PCR test through uni so its not the usual swabbing luckily. When i do the swab i just sneeze a million times lol.

laura i am watching "paranoid" on netflix its a series its good ive watched 5 episodes lmao

Ah that makes sense. Hope it's negative! Do the results come back quicker?
  • Options
    I certainly think we can get to 900 pages by New Year @GreenTea =)

Do you reckon?
  • Options
    Thanks for the Netflix recommendation @Jellyelephant :)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    Remember in the very old days of this thread @GreenTea we got through 100 pages in a week and used to have late night boards parties?

If it keeps going like it is now 900 pages is definitely possible.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Remember in the very old days of this thread @GreenTea we got through 100 pages in a week and used to have late night boards parties?

If it keeps going like it is now 900 pages is definitely possible.

I do remember those. Never thought it would get any attention tbh but now look at it haha. I have some fab ideas ;)
  • Options
    It’s a very helpful thread to have around. Also for saying things that don’t quite fit into any other threads. We’ve had so many funny moments in this thread (think my drunk posting lol)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It’s a very helpful thread to have around. Also for saying things that don’t quite fit into any other threads. We’ve had so many funny moments in this thread (think my drunk posting lol)

Haha I remember those times. Wonder if that has been most active thread of all times
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

thanks and they told me i should get the results by tomorrow evening so is pretty speedy! #

no problem laura :)
  • Options
    It's the longest thread I've seen. Not sure about threads on the old boards. I'd be interested in the stats
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,898 Master Poster
    Wonder if can get to 900 pages by new year. Wishful thinking?

It could possibly happen. Don't lose hope.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options

thanks and they told me i should get the results by tomorrow evening so is pretty speedy! #

no problem laura :)

Ah that's good. I did a PCR on Friday and am still waiting lol my test got sent to Scotland lab so probably busy!
  • Options
    It's the longest thread I've seen. Not sure about threads on the old boards. I'd be interested in the stats

Yh might PM the mix about it
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,898 Master Poster
    This thread has 24.9k comments on it.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    This thread has 24.9k comments on it.

Yh and in a short time
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I’m so tired
  • Options
    I need to shave my legs. starting to look like Bigfoot
  • Options
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    I got an appointment soon with the study consultant from a university that I got an offer from, I'm so nervous

hope it goes well
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    Jellyyyyy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    shaunieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3
  • Options
    How are you?? 💜💜💜
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    not great - just trying to distract myself cos am feeling low and need to keep busy cos am agitated so im colouring and doing laundry and watching tv and on here and yeh lol how about you? Wuu2 tosday x
  • Options
    I always wait for someone on the streets to put their bin out so I know which bin goes out
  • Options
    not great - just trying to distract myself cos am feeling low and need to keep busy cos am agitated so im colouring and doing laundry and watching tv and on here and yeh lol how about you? Wuu2 tosday x

Aw let’s see your colouring. Sorry you’re low x
    I’ve been in bed all day but went to see the crisis team caus I don’t like them coming at home. And spent an hour speaking about how the mind works really and helped so much. Now I’m about to watch a Christmas film but dunno which one?
  • Options
    I have a Liberty london colouring book it has all these beautiful intricate patterns I really like it and ou have to concentrate on it so that helps me. I’m glad you found the chat with crisis helpful I’m glad they’re supporting you. Have you watched any Christmas films yet? I love miracle on 34th street

ok2wz43d4hez.jpeg
    f0i80snltnfl.jpeg