Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Morning all

Heyhey
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning all

Good morning,
    How are you today?
    Got anything fun planned?
  • Options
    I need like a year supply of chewing gum. I get through so much of it lol
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Shaunie

I’m not too bad thanks @GreenTea im just doing work today, nothing exciting, wbu?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    How are you @Dandelion hows work going?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey @Shaun

I’m not too bad thanks @GreenTea im just doing work today, nothing exciting, wbu?

Ah fun. I'm having a chill day as really struggling so looking after myself best I can today
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    @Dandelion

Good morning. How are you today? :)

@zaynab_5

Ooh, that sounds delicious! All the food for revision energy =)

@Shaunie

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling that way. Would you like to discuss what is making you feel that way?

Please remember that if you, or anyone else, needs to you can always contact Samaritans and Papyrus.

Samaritans (24/7):

Call 116 123
    Email jo@samaritans.org

Papyrus (2 pm -midnight):

Call 0800 068 41 41
    Email pat@papyrus-uk.org
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    How are you @Dandelion hows work going?

It’s alright thanks I’m just doing uni work atm, currently writing a forensic anthropology report which is fun 🙄😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Hey @Shaun

Ah fun. I'm having a chill day as really struggling so looking after myself best I can today

That sounds like a good idea, I hope enjoy having a chill day
  • Options
    Ah cool. You not at primark atm? @Dandelion
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Hey @Shaun

That sounds like a good idea, I hope enjoy having a chill day

Thank you! Hope you have a good day
  • Options
    Think I left it too late to go post a load of penpal letters and cards. Oops
  • Options
    @Dandelion

Good morning. How are you today? :)

@zaynab
    Ooh, that sounds delicious! All the food for revision energy =)

@Sha

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling that way. Would you like to discuss what is making you feel that way?

Please remember that if you, or anyone else, needs to you can always contact Samaritans and Papyrus.

Samaritans (24/7):

Call 116 123
    Email jo@samaritans.org

Papyrus (2 pm -midnight):

Call 0800 068 41 41
    Email pat@papyrus-uk.org

Thank you. I’ll be fine
  • Options
    Might get an online shop in now because if we go lockdown everyone will panic buy
  • Options

No, I had to leave when I went back to uni because of the new flex contracts I couldn’t get just a weekend job, which is a bit annoying but with the amount of uni work I have to do maybe it was a good thing
  • Options
    Idk why I'm listening to break up songs lmao. They are so aggressive.
  • Options
    83dwx4ey4447.jpg
    😂😂🤦
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Dandelion

Ooh, how is your report going? :)

One thing I really like about my degree is that it is timed as one module ends before the holidays and the next module does not begin until after the holidays!

Is there anything you can do to make writing your report more fun at this time of year? For me, that would be having Christmas music on in the background!

@GreenTea

You still have time! If all else fails, could you write e-letters and cards or letters and cards for your neighbourhood? :)

@Shaunie

You are more than welcome. I hate to hear you are struggling, it makes me feel sad. I hope you will feel better soon. In the meantime though, we are all here for you with ears to spare and virtual arms for virtual hugs <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,898 Master Poster
    bs11ag2kvonu.jpg
    1gctacpejclf.jpg
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Oh, I do love elf antics! Thanks for sharing them with us @Dancer :3
  • Options

No, I had to leave when I went back to uni because of the new flex contracts I couldn’t get just a weekend job, which is a bit annoying but with the amount of uni work I have to do maybe it was a good thing

Hate what they’re doing with the flexi contracts I ain’t on one but it seems like everyone will be sooner or later. Makes it harder for those in education
  • Options
    Oh no! Flexi contracts sound tough @Shaunie :/
  • Options
    Oh no! Flexi contracts sound tough @Shaunie :/

Yeah they used to have just weekend jobs ect. But now they have introduced flexi contracts which means basically everyone has to work the weekend. When like why change something that doesn’t need fixing. Apparently everywhere is like that now but yeah still
  • Options
    Got the sneezes
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I know this is gunna sound bad but I have a pesitant cough. I mean it’s not Covid. I asked my fami like Um maybe I should take the test but they was like no you always cough so much after a cold. I mean I do and I can feel it’s me doing it. It gets a habit where I can’t stop and had it since child like constantly cough where it’s a habit not that I actually need to cough if makes sense. When I’m distracted it goes
  • Options
    Bless you @GreenTea. Do you feel like you have a cold or just the sneezes?

Oh no, that sounds like a lot of people will have to compete for the same shifts @Shaunie :/ Is it because they have recognised how many people are opting for this? I am not completely sure <3
  • Options
    Na literally no one wants it
  • Options
    Just got the sneezes lol. Still waiting for my PCR test to come back. I was sensible and did one anyway :)
  • Options
    Hmm, no idea then @Shaunie. Let's hope it's another thing that is U-turned! <3

And good luck with your PCR @GreenTea :)
  • Options
    Hopefully get results soon. Gonna ring them later and ask for my results as I haven't had them yet.