Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2021
    Not a coffee then a nap then @GreenTea? =)

Reindeer paper sounds lovely @independent_

Even better that you wrapped the presents whilst listening to Christmas music! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Saw the crisis team they was nice
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Not a coffee then a nap then @GreenTea? =)

Reindeer paper sounds lovely @independent_

Even better that you wrapped the presents whilst listening to Christmas music! <3

Haven't done either. Just laying in bed but not tired enough to nap and not tired enough for coffee
  • Options
    @Shaunie

Thanks for updating us. It is great to hear support is in place and that you found it beneficial. Will you be having follow-up support with them? I am just wondering how long-term their support can be.

@GreenTea

Resting is good too! I have been watching Netflix. In particular, I have discovered Shawn Mendes Live in Concert =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Ah cool. I've just been chilling on my phone
  • Options
    Yeah I’m seeing them again tomorrow to go through DBT skills. Not long term at all though
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hugs with teddy e49of4nwjml5.jpeg
  • Options
    My bruising is finally going down. Only taken a week and a half
  • Options
    @GreenTea

Chilling sounds like a great plan. Have you found any good games or apps on your phone?

I am glad your bruising is going down

@Shaunie

Aww, cuddles with pets are the best. Thanks for continuing to share pet photos with us. Is this a photo of Teddy you have already shared on the pet thread? If not, can I please encourage you to also post it there?

How are you feeling about DBT skills? <3
  • Options
    Nah just been reading what lockdown rules could be enforced. Basically back to square one
  • Options
    Would you like to inform us @GreenTea ? :3

How are you feeling about the potential lockdown rules?
  • Options
    Would you like to inform us @GreenTea ? :3

How are you feeling about the potential lockdown rules?

Shops, places of eating etc closed again, work from home order, no more than 6 indoors and outdoors.
    Basically all the rules like before.
    I feel prepared this time. Got plans for lockdown to keep me busy
  • Options
    2x7om5fo3f6p.jpeg
  • Options
    I’m wearing a Christmas tree onesie and he very clingy to me today blesz
  • Options
    Why is it so cold
  • Options
    @GreenTea

Thanks for all of the information. It is difficult to stay on top of it all especially when my daily life remains the same. I am super glad to hear you feel prepared. Is there anything you feel could help our community with this? What would you have liked to have seen in place last time that wasn't?

@Shaunie

Aww yay, pet snuggles! Pets have lots of love to give and they do know when we aren't feeling our best :)
  • Options
    Idk tbh. Nobody believes there's gonna be a lockdown so feel like sharing my tips are just gonna get overseen
  • Options
    Struggling. Sigh
    Wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa feeling deflated and exhausted mentally
  • Options
    Love him so much
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Miss my boy so much. He helped me a lot
    Post edited by GreenTea on
  • Options
    @GreenTea

I believe you.

The tips may help me directly and they may also help me to help others when the time comes.

If you would feel comfortable sharing your tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Would you like to discuss what is making you struggle? And how you are feeling?

I hope the blanket helps you to feel comfortable and more relaxed.

@Shaunie

I know you do! It seems like you have a great bond with your dog :)

Though, if you could please share your photos on the pet thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

I never would have found the pet thread yesterday if it wasn't for you and I want more people to find the thread. Animals can be really uplifting.
  • Options
    Sure I will

He is snoring so loud
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    GreenTea. Please mute me as teddy is a big thing in my life and if you think I’m gunna only speak about him in pet thread then it ain’t gunna happen

To avoid getting triggered please mute me
  • Options
    Thanks @shaunie :)

Oh, I remember how loudly my dogs used to snore!

I wouldn't be able to hear the television =)
  • Options
    Just want to stick my middle fingers up at any hope of ever getting better mentally
  • Options
    I'm sorry @GreenTea :/

Have you currently got support in place for your mental health? <3
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 just horrible because one minute he was fine the next he was struggling to breathe and died. How can a happy and healthy dog just suddenly die like that? He was my emotional support when I was around him. He'd sit on me to keep me safe, sit next to me when I was crying and he would just be there. It's just horrible and I miss him a lot.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @GreenTea :/

Have you currently got support in place for your mental health? <3

Not at the moment nope
  • Options
    I'm really sorry @GreenTea :/

I am really glad to hear he was your emotional support. It sounds like your dog was your security too. I always found that with mine too! They are wonderful.

A sudden death like that must be frightening and upsetting. I hope it is a sign that he wasn't supposed to struggle for too long.

However, sometimes, there is truly no reason for some bad things.

All you can do is remember how wonderful he is and hope he's at peace now.

Though there are no words I can say to make this better, I am listening and I care <3
  • Options
    Boreddd