Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 869 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @lovemimoon happy Thursday!
    I’m good thank you, how are you?

(On a random weird note I absolutely love your username it’s really cool)
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    Heeyyy @SpaceOtter how are you? Been a while.

@lovemimoon not too far from his house tbh, but it means I’ll be in England for the England final on Sunday. Just a small change of scenery.

Oh nooo!! Lady red is the worst. And she always shows up at the worst of times doesn’t she. Hot bath sounds like a nice idea, hot water bottle and treat yourself to something nice.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @SpaceOtter I've had better days. What about you?? What have you been up to??

(Thank you! I love your username too! It's adorable! <3 )

@independent_ Ooh! Who's England going up against??

Agreed! She's a bit of a bother! :joy: Thank you! <3
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Italy
  • Options
    @GreenTea England vs Italy??

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,558 Skive's The Limit
    God I was so drunk last night lol. I drank three massive glasses of water before bed and it cured me for today 😅
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey @independent_ Happy Thursday! I’m good thank you. Yep it’s been a while I’ve had my head in the clouds :joy: but I’m trying to be more active now. How are you?

@lovemimoon sending lots of hugs <3 I haven’t been doing much really just little things like reading and paint by numbers. What about you?

@Shaunie good to hear, water can really work wonders sometimes.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Afternoon all
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can't wait to bake some cobweb cookies from my fairy cooking book =) will take pics too xxx

91wAADaeqWL.jpg
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how is everyone doing
  • Options
    My house has fucking flooded.. 😭
  • Options
    @AislingDM OOOH THEY LOOK DELICIOUS <3<3

@SpaceOtter Ahh, I've just been catching up on my manga list. :3 How's your paint by numbers going??? What have you been reading??

@GreenTea I'm so sorry to hear that. <3 Is everyone okay?
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    GreenTea wrote: »

Oh no

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,558 Skive's The Limit
    Guys guess what. There is hope for me to have an tonsillectomy under mental health reason in the nhs
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

Oh no

Sorted it out hopefully. Just got to air out the house
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    SpaceOtter wrote: »
    @Apollo I like hotshot racing it’s a fun game. Have you ever played lonely mountain down hill that’s pretty fun too.
    @SpaceOtter I've not, what's it like?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    That's good to hear @Shaunie :3
  • Options
    @lovemimoon ooh that sounds fun, I must admit to not knowing much about manga but it seems cool. Have you been reading anything in particular? Paint by numbers is going well thank you, it’s the third one I’ve done and it’s taking time. And I’ve been reading the divergent series, I’m not a huge fan of but I’ve gotten so far might as well finish it :joy:

@Apollo it’s a cool little game, the animation is quite funky and vivid. You’re a cyclist and your goal is getting down the mountain in the time limit, it doesn’t matter how you get there as long as you pass through check points. It’s really fun but can be quite fiddly.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    @Apollo it’s a cool little game, the animation is quite funky and vivid. You’re a cyclist and your goal is getting down the mountain in the time limit, it doesn’t matter how you get there as long as you pass through check points. It’s really fun but can be quite fiddly.
    Actually I think I've seen this, it's on game pass if I remember correctly, I'll try it out @SpaceOtter
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Evening
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    Hello
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @SpaceOtter Ooh! If you want, I can introduce you to a couple of mangas! Currently reading this manga called 'Viral Hit' - it's about this bullied student that started a 'Youtube' channel, beating up bullies. Pretty intense so far!

Where did you get your paint by number canvases?? Can I see what you did so far, if you don't mind me asking.

Ooh, the Divergent series! Haven't read it before but let me know how it was! :joy:
  • Options
    @Apollo yeah it’s on game pass, gosh game pass is pretty awesome. It’s a good game but no pressure to give it a go.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    @lovemimoon ooh that sounds pretty awesome , I’ll have to give it a go.

I get mine from eBay , I normally get them without the frame which people recommend you not to do but never mind :joy

I don’t mind. I must admit I get a pretty big head when it comes to paint by numbers, I like showing them off after spending so much time on them.

Here’s the one I’m working on 3jp0tctep52c.jpeg

Here’s the one I finished just before it
    b83zmdcioeoa.jpeg

I’m on the last book in the series, the characters are good I really like them. But there’s moments I wonder to myself if the author planned the story out or just went with her gut. But I guess it’s better than anything I could write.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    @SpaceOtter Deffo! I can also recommend you some mangas if you're interested in certain genres! :3
    I must admit I get a pretty big head when it comes to paint by numbers, I like showing them off after spending so much time on them.

:joy::joy::joy:
    That, my friend, is completely understandable, considering the results here:
    Here’s the one I’m working on 3jp0tctep52c.jpeg

Here’s the one I finished just before it
    b83zmdcioeoa.jpeg

They are so gorgeous! It looks like they took a long while to complete! How long did it take you??

Ahh, do you like writing stories??
  • Options
    @SpaceOtter those are really nice and very impressive

Also I agree, I'd 100% say game pass is the best thing about owning an XBox, I basically live off of random indie games I find on this thing and some of them are absolute gems
  • Options
    @lovemimoon ooh thank you, I don’t really have a preference for genre. What’s your favourite mangas?

Thank you! They really did take a while. The finished one took about three weeks and I did an hour or two a night. So a lot of hours :joy:

I love writing stories but they’re certainly noy very good . But I find it’s a nice distraction, plus I spend half my life day dreaming I might as well write it down lol.

Do you like writing? Or doing creative things ?
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    @Apollo thank you!

Yes totally , I’d definitely say the game pass is the number one reason to buy an Xbox. You never know what games you’ll find, it’s great for finding out what sort of games you lost enjoy.

Indie games are so precious, you never know when you’re going to find an amazing one that leaves you thinking about it for weeks :joy:

Do you have a favourite indie game?
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    @SpaceOtter well my favourite game is Outer Wilds, which I'm pretty sure is an indie game l

Apart from that I like Spiritfarer, Undertale, Celeste and I'm looking forward to playing Ori And The Blind Forest

I'm playing a puzzle game right now called Carto, its pretty cool and it's style is really nice

I'm probably forgetting some, what are your fsvourite indie games?
  • Options
    Oooh I remembered one I forgot, I also love Cuphead