Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 869 Part of The Mix Family
    @Apollo ooh cool, I’ve played all of those apart from undertale. Ori and the blind forest is a really sweet game. Cartos cool it’s really unique, I don’t think I ever finished it though I didn’t have quite enough patience :joy:

I haven’t play Cup head either but I’ve heard lots of good things about it, if I recall correctly it’s being turned into a tv series on Netflix.

My favourites have to be hollow knight, oxenfree and rime. I love the style of those games.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    The last minute ticket prices for Sunday are RIDICULOUS how they even justify Charing as much as they are
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,900 Master Poster
    My mum had a bad fall this morning so I had to call 111 who sent an ambulance and she has broken her humerus on her right arm. She might need surgery but she is currently waiting for the doctors to make a decision about what to do but it sounds like the most likely option will be for her to have surgery.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Ohohohoho~ @SpaceOtter I got an entire list but I'll break it down into 10:
    1. Eleceed
    2. No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
    3. The Boxer
    4. Record of Ragnarok
    5. Unhinged
    6. Hardcore Leveling Warrior
    7. Not So Shoujo Love Story
    8. Weak Hero
    9. Spy x Family
    10. Solo Leveling

Goodness! Keep up the good work, dude! Would love to see more in the future! :3

Love doing creative stuff but I never seem to have the patience nor energy for it these days. So it's been broken down into colouring books and short stories!

What kind of stories to do you write??
  • Options
    @Dancer I hope your mum is doing okay! <3 How are you doing??
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,900 Master Poster
    edited July 2021
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    @Dancer I hope your mum is doing okay! <3 How are you doing??

About 45 minutes ago my mum sent me a text saying that she is being discharged from hospital and she has fracture clinic on Monday (video appointment.) She has been in a lot of pain. Thankfully I still managed to get to school as a family friend took me but I was 50 minutes late. Thankfully the teacher that I had for lesson 1 was notified as to why I was late so I didn't get into trouble.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hey @Dancer sending lots of hugs, I’m glad you managed to get school and didn’t get in any trouble. Hope your mum feels better soon.
    We’re here if you ever need anything <3
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    @lovemimoon thank you very much for the list :)

Thank you! Paint by numbers is the perfect way to switch off for me, I took a little break but these past few days I’ve been really motivated, I’ve made a lot of progress. I share a picture when it’s finally finished :)

Ooh colouring can feel so calming, That sounds like lots of fun. I get what you mean though not having much motivation, most of the time I only ever have motivation when I’m busy and don’t have enough time lol.

Short stories are cool, I like writing short stories. What sort of things do you like to write or read about if you don’t mind me asking?
    I like sci-fi things , I’m not very good at writing them though, I often over complicate things oops.

And happy Friday!
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Going down to London in few weeks for a screening appointment for a clinical trial I might be part off
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I think I have tonsillitis, and this bus be giving me whip lash
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi everyone how are you all doing
  • Options
    Hi @Durhamjaide I've had better days. You?

@SpaceOtter - Can definitely see why! The results are so rewarding! <3 Take your time though! No rush! :3

Yees! You have motivation to get your stuff together but not for your hobbies, and it's actually kinda sad. :sweat_smile: If you ever do get the chance to get colouring books, I can recommend you some? When it comes to colouring, I limit the amount of colours I use for an easy-going experience. :joy:

I write about what I daydream, I guess. :joy: And I write about my dreams too! Well, not all of them but just some that tend to linger there and then. They're so abstract but it gets the creative juices going. :3 Duuude, have you ever had one of those dreams that would completely amazing as movies??
    Sci-fi?? That's so cool! How do you write sci-fi??

In terms of reading...? Hm. I read a lot of things! But I'm always interested in stories that covers heavy topics? Like psychological thrillers, crime thrillers, horror, etc. I love the intensity and how immersive it can get! What about you??
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,661 Legendary Poster
    Hello from England!!!!!

Hope you’re all ok
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Welcome to England!

Glad you made it safe! <3

How are you @independent_
  • Options
    @lovemimoon not too bad thanks, bit warm though. We’re just watching the big bang theory lol

How are you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ Ooh, what episode??

I'm tired but I'm too hyper to go to sleep.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon not sure haha, I’m not really watching it. Half browsing on my phone.

Same tbh, I know I should sleep soon ish but bit hyper lol.

How’s your day been?
  • Options
    @independent_ Haah! :joy: How do you get rid of the hyper energy?

My day's been alright. Manageable, actually.
    What about yours? What have you been up to?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Morning @Supernova :3

How are you?
  • Options
    Still ill XD @lovemimoon
    I've taken to calling my sister "Plaguebearer" because she keeps bringing me illnesses back from school lol

Otherwise I guess I'm okay! How about you? What happened to your nice, fixed sleep schedule?
  • Options
    Ohh nooo @Supernova :joy::joy:
    Hope you get well soon!

Yoo, what kind of illnesses is your sister collecting to be ill like that? :joy: That girl's got some strong ass immune system.

I've had better days. Just been a little moody about a lot of things. :# What have you been up to??
    Well, like all nice things that happen in life, it was obviously a sham. Bro, my schedule didn't even last for two days. :confounded: What about you?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @lovemimoon

Ohhh colds, stomach bugs, tonsillitis. You name it really. Oh, and nits, her school is riddled with fuckin nits. :s

Anything in particular getting to ya and making you moody? Somethin you wanna talk about? I've had a relaxed day aside from picking my sister up from school, otherwise I've been playing games and tryna chat to people on discord - trying not to be such a loner lol

Hey 2 days is better than none lol. I guess my sleep is okay-ish atm but it's getting gradually worse again now -- you mentioned something in the hugs thread the other day which resonated with me. I find myself having bad dreams or always waking up super anxious and panicky so, I feel like I quite often avoid sleeping until I pass out
  • Options
    YOOO @Supernova

Stomach bugs, that's fine. Nits, that's fine. But tonsillitis?? Tonsillitis?? How is that possible? At this point, these illnesses are evolving. There's some Pokemon ecosystem going on at your sister's school and it's getting out of control. :joy:

Ah. Hope you're not too squeamish about Lady Red. As if I'm not emotionally sensitive enough, my emotions goes up 100x when she comes around. It's not too bad but it's relatively difficult to deal with. :/
    What games have you been playing??

Haha, that is a good way to look at it. :3
    I'm sorry to hear that :/<3 I'm glad it resonated with you. Why has your sleeping schedule been getting worse lately? If you don't mind me asking.
    Sleep hasn't been the same since I was 9. I avoid sleep in general cos the dreams I have are so vivid, I just wake up super panicky and/or anxious. It doesn't help at all cos I can kinda feel the sensations? What kind of bad dreams do you have? If you also don't mind me asking. :
  • Options
    @lovemimoon

Well I mean in terms of tonsillitis it's probably just something she gets and I conveniently get just after :D it sucks but I guess it's not too bad, when I was younger I had it constantly.

Doesn't bother me any, though I'll say I'm glad as hell it's not something I have to deal with. :D

I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima, Warframe and Final Fantasy 14 recently.

Like I say I've just been avoiding sleep tbh. Are they like night terrors for you then? ^^ I don't tend to have them, but recently I have experienced them while taking medication, hence why I stopped taking it.

Hmmm, I doubt my dreams are as bad as yours but, mine are often related to my anxieties or traumatic events. It sounds so sad and insignificant but I keep having dreams about my dad, and when I wake up the reality of him not being here anymore is gone and then slowly comes back again. It's like I have to keep reliving the realisation he's not here anymore. Otherwise it'll be anxiety dream, to do with whatever I'm worried about at the time lol
  • Options
    Whatve you been up to hobby and spare times wise?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @Supernova

Oooh, that makes sense. :joy: But still. Damn! :joy::joy:

Oooh, I heard Ghost of Tsushima is a beauty... How is it??

Hm... Pretty much. :joy: Kinda sucks but it's been a little more frequent since I've taken fluoxetine. What medication were you taking??

Oi! This right here:
    Supernova wrote: »
    It sounds so sad and insignificant but I keep having dreams about my dad

Anything, and I mean anything that bothers you, whether it's big or small, is significant enough, okay? And in this case, your dad not being there is very significant. <3 I'm sorry to hear about your dad. <3 It must have been a very devastating time <3

In terms of dreams related to real life worries, I get that a lot. Do you get dreams about any memories in the past too??
    Post edited by lovemimoon on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Supernova wrote: »
    Whatve you been up to hobby and spare times wise?

Ooh. @Supernova Sims 4.
    Been feeling very creative so I built huge families and I kinda regret it because the family tree is so big. :joy:

Pinterest, too! I've been seeing a lot of new artists and photography lately so I've been saving and organizing them! <3

Been catching up on my manga list too! :3

What about you? What have you been up to??
  • Options
    @lovemimoon

Ghost of Tsushima is gorgeous yeah, and a really nice setting too. Also love the gameplay and rpg elements. Narrative could be a little better but it's good enough!

I was taking Mirtazapine for a while, it helped me to fall asleep but I had a lot of negative side affects. And thank you for the kind words there, doesn't tend to be something I talk about.

Occasionally I have dreams about past memories too, usually bad memories but not always. Have you been having something specific that keeps coming up? I imagine it helps to keep a diary of the dreams you have.
  • Options
    I quite enjoy the Sims 4 too! All the add ons cost too much though lol.

Art is one of my weakest qualities unfortunately, never been any good at it aha

I haven't actually done much lately, but now that I've booked my vaccine and once I get them, I want to finally work towards getting out again. I want to sort out counselling again and start jiu jitsu at a place close to where I live.

How about you, any plans going forward now? Tbf idk how I'm going to cope with going out again aha.