Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @The Mix wait really?! Hahahaha  that's crazy!
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    :lol:  @GreenTea - perhaps it is your phone's way of telling me I got the maths wrong! Turns out it is more like 67%!

Cc: @Aidan so he doesn't get confused by my fake news on the previous comment!

Making sure this is from my account this time - can you tell I haven't had my coffee yet this am?!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

@Ed_

Get on that coffeee! We talk about coffee a lot here
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,674 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    Starlight said:
    So my online classes for the next 3 weeks just got cancelled, I’m so confused!
    Is it because they will be face to face? 

Edit sorry just saw other message
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,439 Wise Owl
    Shaunie said:
    Starlight said:
    So my online classes for the next 3 weeks just got cancelled, I’m so confused!
    Is it because they will be face to face? 

Edit sorry just saw other message
    Well originally maths was supposed to be face to face but then me and someone else I think said they weren’t wanting to go into school for them, so they moved them online (only 6 in my class so missing 2 is a lot aha) 

and drama that was always scheduled to be online we don’t have any slots to move it into school. 

Haven’t done any online classes yet my school are really behind and we’re going to be starting them from next week along side face to face lessons :joy:
    * Shine like the star you are! *
    Look how sad and fed up teddy looks!  None stop crying all morning making his face all sweaty poor dog. Still cute tho
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Aww still a cutie though @Shaunie
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    67% is sensational!! 2/3 of all posts in this thread. A wonderful creation @GreenTea!!

@Ed_ coffee is a very common topic here. I drink too much of the stuff really. :lol:

@Starlight oh how strange, hopefully your teachers are in touch soon with an update. 

@Shaunie aww bless! Still cute though definitely.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Talking of coffee...time for my 3rd cup of the day ;)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Fruit loop Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I've already had 2 coffees this morning because i drank too much of the first before my crumpet was ready 😂 

I've also done nothing but sneeze but at least my Coursework was marked right! 
    I've had 2 espressos 😬
  • Former MemberFormer Member Fruit loop Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @independent_ 3 cups! 

I shouldn't have had 2 😂
    Right so just been message by head of sixth form he said he had to cancel them because he set them up but it needed to be the teachers that had set the lessons or something. Makes more sense now aha
    edited September 18
    @Past User 4 cups now. This must stop. I have a coffee problem ;)

@Starlight oh that’s great at least you’ve had some clarification.
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ That explains why you're always up all night :joy:

I just got my new glasses and sunglasses... I don't even care that it's thunderstorm outside, I will be wearing my sunglasses because I've never had them before :sunglasses:
    Alis propriis volat 
    @Eleanor I know you’re right... you are, but I like coffee wayyyyyyyyy too much. I mean like I can stop drinking it if I have to but still..

Oooh, that’s cool re sunglasses.

It’s absolutely boiling here today.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ Oh aha It's pouring it down here :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
    I just printed some stuff and forgot to change the setting so it printed on both sides lmao
    My ‘the show must go on’ T-shirt arrived just now super excited!! 
    @Eleanor to be honest the weather is very temperamental at the moment it goes from sunny to thundering to absolutely pissing it down within what feels like seconds.

I’m about to watch the Scottish government briefing. Looks like we’re about to ease our lockdown more which is good :) 
    @GreenTea oooooops!! Printers are so annoying sometimes though mine goes through ink like there’s no tomorrow.

@Starlight ooooh, that’s cool!
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ throwing it down here . I don’t watch the news any more but sounds good 
    @Liam I don’t normally watch it or any news really, I was reading/watching it way too much at the start of lockdown and it made me feel very anxious so I stopped. But today I thought I would because Nicola Sturgeon is probably easing lockdown more.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ that’s why I stopped. I got obsessed at one point lol
    @Liam I did as well, my dad is still obsessed. Sadly he’s not great with sources so he always believes everything he reads on Facebook ;)
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Before lockdown started I was obsessed with the news. Then I decided to stop because it wasn't interesting anymore. 
    EGM said:
    Before lockdown started I was obsessed with the news. Then I decided to stop because it wasn't interesting anymore. 
    Same even stopped listening to radio
    @EGM yeah a lot of the news is very boring as well. Especially once they get into their politics. No thanks.

Oh well not a lot is changing in terms of lockdown here lol.
    I just burped Infront of my boss 😂😂 damn you diet coke 😂
    @GreenTea haha that made me laugh :lol: