Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Whats everyone doing today?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    Not doing much @Shaunie, actually absolutely nothing aha you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea haha that made me laugh :lol: 

Im glad. He laughed too!
  • Options
    Not doing much @Shaunie, actually absolutely nothing aha you?
    Not gunna watch any tv?

and i need to go and collect my meds and then go to the post office to give a parcel. Ive never sent a parcel before. Im guessing i just say "could i send this off please". Suppose to be meeting someone but i dont want to  cant even remember agreeing to it either ha. So im kinda avioding replying. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @GreenTea ahahaha glad he laughed too. I’d be well embarrassed😂 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I've just finished with my physiotherapy appointment so now eating lunch :smiley:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @Shaunie I'm not really doing anything either. I may do some drawing or something later
  • Options
    Wow we really do be living the lockdown life :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    When you are sending something in the post. Do you go to the post office with the packaging?
  • Options
    Not gonna lie @Eleanor I’m enjoying staying at home now. Didn’t at the start but I’m probably enjoying it too much now.
  • Options
    On my way home to chill. Can't wait
  • Options
    @independent_ So am I! I can still do things online and meet up with friends so long as we socially distance. And as someone with an anxiety disorder, I don't have to be worried about feeling surrounded because everyone has to be 2m away :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    My hair has gone so curly in the rain!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to send a package???? Pleas help lol 
    do they put the packaging on or do i ? I have the packaging but i dont want to loon stupid. Never done it befor
  • Options
    Shuaine. Connect four thread. 😂
  • Options
    @Shaunie Yeah put it in packaging and then take it 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Almost homeee yayyy
  • Options
    @Eleanor I know how you feel there. I’d rather not have people all around me really close to me aha. I’ll keep that part of social distancing forever!!! Would be nice to be able to go within 2m of people I am close to though.

@GreenTea my hair hates rain too!! It’s curly anyway but it goes all frizzy in the rain.

@Shaunie I think you put the packaging And label on, and you take it to the post office and they weigh it and send it for you. I think. 
  • Options
    @independent_ my hair was straight this morning but the rain fucked that up
  • Options
    Quiz tonight! Don't forget!
  • Options
    quiz?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @GreenTea if I straighten my hair even if there’s a slight drizzle on it it goes curly lol. Curly hair is annoying. I want naturally straight hair.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Eleanor said:
    quiz?

Yes a kahoot quiz im hosting! One game at 6:30 and one after 7:30! Both the same just different times
  • Options
    There’s nothing on TV! I need something new to watch 
  • Options
    Got Amazon prime?
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Bit behind on the conversation, however good to know this is a safe thread for coffee addicts. Live pictures of me right now:

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Coffee lovers unite 💪❤️
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Ed_ if any mods want to do the quiz later for fun, lemme know! 
  • Options
    I have amazon prime, Netflix and all the free on demand stuff aha. 

Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! I. Need. Coffeeeeee!!!
  • Options
    @independent_
    There's some Amazon prime series that are good.

It's not their own but I'm watching Grey's anatomy there lol