Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Sending hugs everyone <3 x
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:

Ever walk through town by yourself and feel like youre dead and feel no connection to anyhing, anyone or yourself. With no emotions or feelings. And you can not tell if everything is loud or quiet or too close or too far. And feel like no one can see you and no one makes eye contact with you and  that you are not walking on the actual ground and that youre about a few cms above the ground. And brain feels like it is floating aswell. 

Happens to me alllll the time

This exactly Happened just now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hi @kathleen0172

It sounds like you are hurting. Please please remember that you are important and valued. 

Although things may feel impossible right now, things can get better. I have listed some services below which may help - personally, I couldn't recommend the Samaritans enough. They allow you to vent/ cry/ chat whenever you need. However if you are concerned for your safety at any point please call 999.
    • Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
    • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. 
    • If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999. 

You are worth so much and deserve to be well. 

Sending hugs <3 
  • Options
    alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/eating-disorders/expert-chat-more-about-eating-disorders-13828.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/eating-disorders/expert-chat-with-beat-eating-disorders-11544.html

I have just been reading these and was wondering if they might help anyone who is currently struggling with eating? I understand it can be really difficult to deal with issues like these and tricky to open up but there are a bunch of articles on here about eating which have really helped me to understand it more. 
  • Options
    alice123 said:
    Hi @kathleen0172

It sounds like you are hurting. Please please remember that you are important and valued. 

Although things may feel impossible right now, things can get better. I have listed some services below which may help - personally, I couldn't recommend the Samaritans enough. They allow you to vent/ cry/ chat whenever you need. However if you are concerned for your safety at any point please call 999.
    • Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
    • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. 
    • If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999. 

You are worth so much and deserve to be well. 

Sending hugs <3 
    @alice123 thank you bud, I really appreciate it. And I needed to hear that it can get better, those words from people are the things that I try to hang onto, so thanks for making all the difference <3
  • Options
    Well, that's one person off the list - my sibling just thinks my misery is my own fault. So kind of serves them right if I die. The only people I really need to stay alive for are my mom, dad, gran, and Ruby (guinea pig). I don't doubt that my other relatives and my cat would be upset, but it wouldn't affect them quite as bad. Ruby's 4 so she'll probably die in the next year or two. Maybe if things aren't better by then I can just go ahead and be selfish. Although I don't think I can last that long.

(safe rn)

• Options
    I think I might leave. If that wouldn't affect anyone much. I'll stay if it does. But I feel like I should just leave.

• Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm literally curled up in an ball and crying and singing macklemore songs out load after finding out that my boyfriend parents found out he went to pride with me and loses their shit with him, he's now back into the closet and he's scared to attempt to come out again, I'm just really sad and depressed and this isn't the mood I need to be in before an exam tommorow 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    I think i have gained a lot of weight but im not actually that bothered by it. Because in my head i keep going back to a time when i was out walking by myself and a girl called me a skinny bitch and really flat. I mean this was agesss ago like years ago. But just makes me think
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    All my family do is just moan and moan. Then i told them that.  Then they started moaning about me moaning. And i know now i am moaning. But can everyone just shut the fuck up lol
  • Options
    My sister keeps telling me to do house and that i should shut the fuck about about my work. Because 10,000 isnt a lot. Well you go do it then plus with MH CHallenges. Fucking prick. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I just want my vocal cords to stop hurting. Imagine having a sore throat 24/7. That's been going on for 8 months and shows no signs of stopping. That starts up or gets worse whenever you have a conversation. Yeah, it's like that.

I need to stop talking and let them try to heal. But I need to hear my own voice because otherwise I feel more nightmarish and anxious. And I'm lonely so want to communicate. So it's hard.

And I'm probably going to take a throat sweet to numb it soon ahah...
  • Options
    English language exam today and Friday, wish me luck
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    davcr0ck said:
    Good luck!
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    davcr0ck said:

Good luck @davcr0ck! Let us know how it goes :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    It went terrible I felt so prepared for it and then I just couldn't remember anything about how to answer the questions

And I just got an email about an apprenticeship I really wanted and I didn't even get an interview so but oh well I just try again with that next year. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    davcr0ck said:
    It went terrible I felt so prepared for it and then I just couldn't remember anything about how to answer the questions

And I just got an email about an apprenticeship I really wanted and I didn't even get an interview so but oh well I just try again with that next year. 
    Just sat on my bed crying and eating the biggest bar of chocolate I could find, I'm just feel as crap as I did last year when I had that exam

It's like an 360g bar, I'm safe at home though at least, I feel like I'm just really s*** at English language paper

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    I'm sorry to hear your exam didn't go well @davcr0ck. Just wanted to send you a hug <3

We're here if you want to talk about anything :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    School has been horrible. Really dreading it tomorrow. 😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I'm so sad :pensive:
  • Options
    Actually put me on spam block. That feel when talking makes you feel useless but it hurts even more to keep it to yourself.
  • Options
    Actually put me on spam block. That feel when talking makes you feel useless but it hurts even more to keep it to yourself.
    I will stop now. I'm capable. Just lonely and miserable. But I'll shut up. Sorry.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Just Binge ate and now Ned wants me to get rid , I don’t have the engery to fight him . I’m going to have to let’s him win becuase I’m weak like that :(

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Feeling so horrible still having a  Binge eating again this morning , wish I could just stop :( 
    TW 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I feel really confused about how I feel. I was drawing a pride flag in form and 2 year 9's asked if I was coming out. I admitted that I fancy another year 8 but I am confused about whether I should come out as lesbian as I don't want to be bullied even more. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    I feel really confused about how I feel. I was drawing a pride flag in form and 2 year 9's asked if I was coming out. I admitted that I fancy another year 8 but I am confused about whether I should come out as lesbian as I don't want to be bullied even more. 
    Hey @Kasa2103, just dm me if you want to talk things over with an fellow gay 
  • Options
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Hey @Kasa2103, just dm me if you want to talk things over with an fellow gay 
    Thanks. 
  • Options
    Here is the drawing. You are probably wondering how it is so neat, colourful and detailed. Excuse my not so good photography skills though  (at least they are getting better than they were.) Sorry that it is to the side. 
  • Options
    My cardiologist and my gp think I'm overdosing on my walfarin to kill myself 
    I'm not, just want to make that very clear, I'm currently just doing college work in costa 

They think this because my inr is f***** again and I'm trying to persuade them it's my new sleeping pills but their having no of it, so this is going to be an interesting conversation with my cardiologist next week. 
This discussion has been closed.