Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,147 Wise Owl
    I think I've got a clear idea of what the NHS are trying to do - they cover up all the lies they say and class me as untreatable, so they mold my situation and try and say it's a personality disorder, say it's a part of me and there's no treatment so I can be discharged. They also like to say that I'm refusing all treatment (antidepressants and a breathing exercises worksheet) and so I think they think I'm just too much work

Omg this reminds me of when my CAMHS worker kept telling me that the way I felt was normal and maybe that was just ‘how I am’. The NHS is such a mess 😭
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 980 Part of The Mix Family
    @AnonymousToe nah that is so fucked up lmao - like I get the NHS is a mess too but like I swear some people in the NHS are actually out to fuck up people's lives on purpose lol
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,955 Extreme Poster
    Just wanted to say for all those who are ill right now, I'm really sorry and I hope you feel better very soon!

And those who aren't ill, spend this day being grateful that you're feeling good! :) because we don't usually appreciate or notice how good we have it when we're not ill.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,265 Wise Owl
    Friend only has 2 days to live....
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Feeling miserable and lonely tonight
  • Options
    Ive come to the conclusion that the past two months have been the worst two months of my life
  • Options
    Idk, I think I might be overreacting/attention seeking - am I????? Even all the times I've harmed myself/ hospital trips were pathetic. I'm completely safe tho don't worry, I'm happy today
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,141 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you all hugs @River, @AnonymousToe, @JJLemon18 and @IainJammyboy. You have all done so well to reach out to us and continue sharing how you are feeling with us.

@River are you able to spend any time with your friend? You deserve support too.

@AnonymousToe how are you feeling today? hope you managed to find some company and feel a little less lonely. We are all here with you.

@JJLemon18 would you like to share a little more with us about what has been going on for you? It sounds like you have been going through a really difficult time. However, it is positive that you can acknowledge how difficult it has been for you recently. Is there anything which might help at the moment?

@IainJammyboy - as you say, you have clearly needed more support which has unfortunately not been available to you (even though you absolutely deserve all the support). Please be kind to yourself and know we are really proud of you for keeping going when it is really tough and glad you are happy today :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    How am I supposed to justify not showing up to college for over a month - I'm fucked
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe how are you feeling today? hope you managed to find some company and feel a little less lonely. We are all here with you.

Still not feeling great but better than yesterday, thanks for replying :)
  • Options
    Anxiety out of control for literally no reason. Could be worse I suppose
  • Options
    Just finished one of the best music concerts of my life
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,920 Extreme Poster
    Hearing that quite a few of you are going through a lot right now. You're doing so well to get through each day, and I hope that this space helps you to have an outlet for your feelings, because they are valid <3

@IainJammyboy I can hear how that could be a difficult situation to be in. Have you considered speaking to your tutor, head of year, or a lecturer you feel you can talk to? Having a chat with them would give you some space to talk about this. You won't be the first person to be in this situation - they see several students in the same boat - and they'll be in a good place to support you. Is there something support-wise you'd like from uni staff that could help?

@AnonymousToe how do you feel today? I can hear that it can be frustrating to go through this experience when there's no clear reason as to why it happens. We're here to listen to you <3

@River how do you feel with the mentor as a point of support for you?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,219 Boards Champion
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    @Azziman i dont know, think she is supposed to help with my struggles with school or something
  • Options
    @Azziman I’m feeling a lot better now :)
  • Options
    Don't feel well
  • Options
    River wrote: »
    Don't feel well

Hope you feel better soon ❤️
  • Options
    I don't remember the last time my mum ever said anything positive to me
  • Options
    I always struggle the most right after I’ve told my main support person that I’m ok. So then I feel like I’m lying to her and I’m all alone. Does anyone else get this?
  • Options
    I’m so lonely but I’m too numb to cry. I don’t even know why I feel like this. I just want to be ok
  • Options
    My mum acts like I'm a fucking alcoholic after a couple drinks - can I not enjoy myself for once????
  • Options
    My mum acts like I'm a fucking alcoholic after a couple drinks - can I not enjoy myself for once????

Sounds like she might’ve had a bad experience relating to alcohol in the past. Still doesn’t give her the right to take it out on you, you deserve to have fun.
  • Options
    I always struggle the most right after I’ve told my main support person that I’m ok. So then I feel like I’m lying to her and I’m all alone. Does anyone else get this?

@AnonymousToe I understand this. Every time someone asks me how I'm doing while Im struggling, I won't know what to say. Cause do I lie and tell them I'm okay? Or do I say the truth and then have to explain myself? Especially if the person isn't someone who really supports me, so I wouldn't want to bother them with my problems.
    But in terms of your support person, I think you should tell them as much as you're comfortable with, but don't feel bad if you don't, take it at your own pace :)
This discussion has been closed.