Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,124 Community Veteran
    Just had a letter re the ongoing situation. Horrible, it's 22nd fucking December and I just getting into the christmas spirit. They want me to see social worker and i've been warned if i dont I face court etc. I feel sick. I want to cry. Holding the letter shaking.

Oh god I am so sorry that happened to you @independent_ that's awful especially if they threatened you with court as well. I'm always here if you need someone during this time <3. I'm sorry you have to go through that especially during the festive period too.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,133 Wise Owl
    My mums making me so stressed omg
  • Options
    Love a good Christmas Eve argument bonanza 😭
  • Options
    Nothing feels right this year. It’s ok, just a bit miserable. Sending hugs to anyone who’s actually struggling right now :heart:
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Nothing feels right this year. It’s ok, just a bit miserable. Sending hugs to anyone who’s actually struggling right now :heart:

Bless you, you really aren’t alone feeling like this, I’ve not felt festive all season. :anguished: This Christmas has been really hard for me so it’s near impossible to be happy. :cold_sweat: Sending hugs.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Mums got Covid from work ….. Merry Fucking Christmas
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,056 Boards Guru
    Sendings lots of hugs to everyone today. Keep reaching out here on the community whenever you need to. We're all here for you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 973 Part of The Mix Family
    Suicidal again
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Suicidal again

Sending hugs to you, we are here for you if you want to talk about things. :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,056 Boards Guru
    Suicidal again

Echoing the kind words already shared by @faolan and @*bananaMonkey*, we're all here for you <3

Also these services are open today if you do need some additional support outside of the community or struggling to stay safe. Keep fighting those thoughts Iain, we are all so proud of how far you have come. Keep going <3
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    My life feels so empty
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,217 Boards Champion
    Struggling so so much
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Struggling so so much

We’re here if you need to talk :heart:
  • Options
    I feel like I’m just wasting everyone’s time being here. I don’t think I need support as much as a lot of you, and I feel like I don’t deserve it either. I think I’m a really terrible person
  • Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    I feel like I’m just wasting everyone’s time being here. I don’t think I need support as much as a lot of you, and I feel like I don’t deserve it either. I think I’m a really terrible person

Hey @AnonymousToe

I'm Talie - I work here at The Mix and I'm helping out a few days over Christmas. We totally hear you, and I wanted to let you know that lots of people feel this way, you're not alone in that.

Even if you don't feel like it, you 100% deserve support, and no matter what's going on, big or small, if it matters to you it matters to us.

Please reach out. The community here are great and always keen to offer a listening ear.

@Aife posted some support options a few comments if you need them.

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,124 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    4 hours of sleep let's gooo!!

Turns out that half of my family has covid (me included) so that's fun... But yea it is fun. As bad as covid is I'd still prefer this over spending Christmas alone

Im so sorry to hear that you covid!. I hope you get better soon and have plenty of rest over the christmas period xx. Sending you a special hug <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,240 Wise Owl
    I want to relapse so bad :s yet 14 days harm free. It sucks, the thoughts are bad but I aint talking to a helpline :/
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Talk to someone if you need to @River , remember you deserve support :heart:
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,240 Wise Owl
    @AnonymousToe I cant :'(
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    River wrote: »

Is there something you could do to distract yourself? Any techniques you’ve learnt? Maybe write out how you’re feeling, it doesn’t have to be for anyone. Sorry I’m not of a lot of help, I don’t have much experience with this. Please keep safe :heart:
  • Options
    Really struggling
  • Options
    Really struggling

We’re here for you :heart:
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I'm so tired but i can't let my friends and family to think about me whenever the sun sets or rises...💔
  • Options
    I'm so tired but i can't let my friends and family to think about me whenever the sun sets or rises...💔

Please keep going @Chloe234 , you mean so much to a lot of people. Keep yourself safe and reach out for support if you need it. :heart:
  • Options
    @Chloe234
    I’ve copied this from @Aife ’s comment a little further up for you:

* If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Struggling slightly with the way that so many other people are struggling. I just want everyone to be ok. I feel bad ever being happy because I know that in that moment some people will be feeling awful.
    That’s nobody’s fault, I just wish life was kinder to us all, you know?
    Sending lots of hugs to anyone who needs them
This discussion has been closed.