Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Why can't I sleep :s it's 4am and I've still not fallen asleep. Already dreading tomorrow knowing how tired and disconnected I'll feel
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Struggling slightly with the way that so many other people are struggling. I just want everyone to be ok. I feel bad ever being happy because I know that in that moment some people will be feeling awful.
    That’s nobody’s fault, I just wish life was kinder to us all, you know?
    Sending lots of hugs to anyone who needs them

I totally feel this <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,116 Wise Owl
    My mum just orders me around to move things and it’s like she owns me. She gets annoyed when I have emotions and stuff but I just don’t wanna be her possession!!
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending hugs to all those who need them. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I think next week is gonna be my last week on the mix, I cause too many issues and problems, love you guys, sorry

Sorry to hear that. You are very welcome here and we love having you in this community.

Could you maybe have a chat with the staff team to see if there is anything that can help you feel better about being on the community :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I think next week is gonna be my last week on the mix, I cause too many issues and problems, love you guys, sorry

@Chloe234 please don’t leave unless you actually want to. I want you to be okay! I don’t think you’re causing problems, you just need some support and that’s okay. You’re not always gonna be available to help other people - that’s just part of being human. We’re here for you, and even if you do leave, we’ll welcome you right back whenever you need it. Please take care :heart:
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,110 Community Veteran
    sad and dont know why.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    sad and dont know why.

I hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    Lonely again
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,190 Wise Owl
    5:30 and cant sleep
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,054 Boards Guru

You are very welcome here in the community and we all care about you so much Chloe. You're part of our The Mix family here :) We've just sent you a DM from The Mix account to check in. We're here to talk anything through <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,054 Boards Guru
    Sending everyone lots of hugs to help them through this difficult time <3

ja3g8j9dy7m8.gif

We know the lead up to New Year can be a really tough time to go through. I wanted to share a few support services in this thread that are always a call or text away whenever you need someone to talk to. You are all so deserving of support and very cared about here on the community:

* Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    *Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    *Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 958 Part of The Mix Family
    Just found out bpd has a 10% suicide rate
  • Options
    I wish I had people who genuinely wanted to spend time with me
  • Options
    It’s crazy but I miss going to school (on a gap year rn). I miss the routine and the way that people are constantly checking up on you. I just miss the support of it, I suppose. It’s been months but I still haven’t got used to this. I just wanna feel like a child because people care about you just because you aren’t 18 yet.
  • Options
    Questioing my existence
  • Options
    I've had 4 meltdowns, 3 rambles in my notes app and 0 hours of fucking sleep :s
  • Options
    HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    edited December 2023
    @Chloe234 Thank you so much for sharing what you are going through. It sounds really difficult to be reminded of losing your step mum in this way and it's understandable that this would be triggering for you. We're all here for you. Are you able to speak to the people you are driving with and let them know that this will be hard for you? Grief is hard at all times of year but especially around Christmas and when something reminds you of the person you have lost. You might find these articles helpful:

https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/coping-with-grief-37813.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/coping-with-trauma-anniversaries-48858.html

Remember you are not alone in this <3
  • Options
    HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    It’s crazy but I miss going to school (on a gap year rn). I miss the routine and the way that people are constantly checking up on you. I just miss the support of it, I suppose. It’s been months but I still haven’t got used to this. I just wanna feel like a child because people care about you just because you aren’t 18 yet.
    I wish I had people who genuinely wanted to spend time with me

@AnonymousToe, adjusting to change after leaving school can be really tough - you're not alone in this. It can be so difficult to feel isolated, but remember you have a whole community of people here who care about you and want to listen and talk things through <3 I have replied to your other post with some tips that might help :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 702 Part of The Mix Family
    River wrote: »
    Questioing my existence

We're all here for you @River <3 I've responded to your most recent thread so you might like to continue the conversation there on how you've been feeling lately - you deserve that dedicated space to get things off your chest and chat some more about what's been going on. We really care about you.

Remember that there are always services you can reach out to when you're struggling:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    I’m stressed and I’m stuck. A bill came out this week that I didn’t know about and now I have no money…. Literally no money until student finance comes in on the 8th and I don’t know what I’m meant to do :(
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 958 Part of The Mix Family
    Suicidal again
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I’m stressed and I’m stuck. A bill came out this week that I didn’t know about and now I have no money…. Literally no money until student finance comes in on the 8th and I don’t know what I’m meant to do :(

@Millie2787 that sounds like a really stressful situation! I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anyone that could possibly give you a helping hand until you get your student finance? Perhaps a close friend ? I am sure they would understand and be more than happy to help <3 Could you make a list of the things that you might need until you get your student finance payment and see if someone would be willing to help you out?
    Em
    Forum Moderator
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Suicidal again

Hi @IainJammyboy I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling that way, we are all here for you <3

If you would like to talk about how you are feeling we are all more than happy to listen and help in any way that we can <3

Remember that there are lots of services that might be of some help, and are there for you whenever you need to reach out for support:

Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Em
    Forum Moderator
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2023
    EmmaLou30 wrote: »
    Millie2787 wrote: »

@Millie2787 that sounds like a really stressful situation! I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anyone that could possibly give you a helping hand until you get your student finance? Perhaps a close friend ? I am sure they would understand and be more than happy to help <3 Could you make a list of the things that you might need until you get your student finance payment and see if someone would be willing to help you out?

@EmmaLou30 i don’t particularly have anyone I can ask, their just going to be in the same position as me because of it having been Christmas.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
This discussion has been closed.