Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    i'm so overwhelmed right now, the suicidal thoughts are already back and I feel exhausted with them
  • Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Mel_ wrote: »
    i'm so overwhelmed right now, the suicidal thoughts are already back and I feel exhausted with them

I appreciate you sharing this with us @Mel_. Sending hugs. How are you doing? As a reminder, here are some options for crisis support if you feel as though you may need someone to talk to:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BenMa wrote: »

I appreciate you sharing this with us @Mel_. Sending hugs. How are you doing? As a reminder, here are some options for crisis support if you feel as though you may need someone to talk to:
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org

Not great at all really. But it's okay.
  • Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand

I'm hearing that whilst you've shared feeling not great, you've said its okay - you deserve support @Mel_! And if you wanted to go into a bit more depth, you're very welcome to create your own discussion board thread. I'm wondering what your plan is for the rest of the evening tonight?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options

I'm hearing that whilst you've shared feeling not great, you've said its okay - you deserve support @Mel_! And if you wanted to go into a bit more depth, you're very welcome to create your own discussion board thread. I'm wondering what your plan is for the rest of the evening tonight?

Nothing really. Just overwhelmed with my thoughts, cant really post as I don't think the thoughts I'm having are great for the board ah suicidal thoughts arent fun
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,525 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2022
    Feel lonely
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    keep messing up
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to all those who need them :heart:

You got this, and we are here for you and care about you :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,181 Boards Champion
    triggered. Not ok. Safe tho.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Really struggling to sleep lately. Tired and ill but I can’t fucking sleep.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I am starting to get extremely suicidal
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2022
    Also sending you all hugs. We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Please also remember that some other resources that might be able to support you further include:

Keep going, we all believe in you <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    Sending everyone lots of hugs <3 - remember your all amazing people and we are here for you

Sinead :3
  • Options
    really hard to actually think i can do this anymore tbh, because I can't
  • Options
    I had a really horrible dream that I said I was going toilet to a manager and she said no. I said okay I wasn’t asking I was telling you where I was going to be. Then she followed me all the way to the cubicle and refused to leave then just stared at me while I went for a wee. And then I told the other managers & they didn’t care. Very weird. I think it’s a dream somehow related to abuse I went through
  • Options
    Lied to work again about why want to leave early. Getting good at lying if it means covering up my mental health problems. They are not gunna find out but I still feel guilty
  • Options
    One of the managers I like are leaving. Now I’m even more sad. Not my favourite but still
  • Options
    Work have been so nice to me today. I asked if I could have a break and that I think I need to maybe ring someone as I feel awful. My favourite manager stayed with me while we waiting for 111 to pick up and just chatting. Basically we waited for 1 hour and then they just hanged up saying the queue was too long and then we try on the office phone and suddenly it works. And then phone call finishes and manager comes in and speak about what to do now and basically I’m waiting until 6 pm when the sanctuary opens in the canteen. And they gave me a headset so I can call a manager if I need to speak to someone. I mean I was meant to finish at 1 and now it’s 3:15 and they have been soo soo kind to me and supportive
  • Options
    Help I’m soo hung over
  • Options
    I can’t cope with this hang over 😭😭😭😭😭😭🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,834 Master Poster
    I was definitely very tired last night. I fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 6:30am.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    Hi eventhough I don't need a hug, I just wanted to say that I want to give hugs to all who need them <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Last few days have been the worst tbh, being in hospital, seeing what I saw and walking out today after being massively triggered & ending up self harming…now I’m on a 1:1 and I hate it and just want to get out of here
  • Options
    I miss chat. Why does it have to go off for 3 days :(
This discussion has been closed.