Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Woken up with practically no voice 🙈
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,535 Skive's The Limit
    I’m getting admitted as I need surgery. Don’t need to like right away but keeping me in for my own safety so I don’t harm myself more and the mental health team can speak to me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I am really sad & suicidal. Keep crying
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    They can’t get me a bed so they’re sending me to a&e instead
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022
    Siobhan wrote: »
    I’m getting admitted as I need surgery. Don’t need to like right away but keeping me in for my own safety so I don’t harm myself more and the mental health team can speak to me

Ah bless you @Siobhan, that's rough. :pensive: I'm so sorry that things are difficult for you at present. Mental health can be really tough to battle through, especially when life isn't being very kind to you. :frown:

Hopefully the hospital stay will be alright, they get to the bottom of what causing the problem with your arm, and also that the surgery goes well.

Thinking of you and sending the biggest virtual hugs. :heart: I hope things start to look up soon in the not so distant future.
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »

Oh nooo! Did you have a good birthday?!
  • Options
    Siobhan wrote: »
    They can’t get me a bed so they’re sending me to a&e instead

Really sorry to hear this @Siobhan - staying in A&E can be super stressful, but at least for now it's a safe place and people there can help you stay safe this evening <3

Have they said when the surgery will be?

Sending super big hugs - you're doing so well being honest with them, you've got this <3
  • Options
    Thank you. Might be going in mental health ward. It depends on the beds in my area so I’m just waiting around but I doubt they will have a bed available
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Emma_ wrote: »

Oh nooo! Did you have a good birthday?!

@Emma_ no no I did not
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I’m in a&e for tonight waiting for bed for where I live in the morning But I want to go home already. Just don’t feel comfortable & rather be in my own bed
  • Options
    I don’t like being on a 121. It feels like there is some expectation to hurt myself lol I don’t want it & I don’t want to use their time
  • Options
    edited December 2022

@Emma_ no no I did not

Oh nooo :( What happened @Millie2787 ?
  • Options
    HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hey @Siobhan, sounds like things are tough right now, but you should know that you're not alone - we're always here for you <3.

Agree with Emma hospitals are a safe space where professionals are there to help us, but can understand it can still be a stressful and overwhelming experience at times. Just sharing this support article on grounding techniques, which can be helpful at times we're in a moment of panic, feeling unsafe or have a lot going on in our minds. They can be a really helpful way help us focus, calm ourselves down and look after ourselves. Have you tried any of these before?

Let us know how you get on today, and don't forget that we're always here for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Thank you all

There are no pshyc ward beds so I’m basically bed blocking in a&e & feel guilty.
    I will probably kept here until new years is over as I hate new years and that’s what they did last time.

I don’t know when I will be having my surgery but doesn’t need to be striaght away & apparently not infected even tho it’s swollen up and red when it wasn’t before
  • Options
    I think I might leave. I’m not under a section. But I am 90 miles away from home I asked for sleeping pill but won’t give it to me. I’m getting agitated
  • Options
    I tried to leave but I’m not allowed but I’m not under section
  • Options
    Sending big hugs @Siobhan . It sounds like staying in the hospital might be best for you at the moment as you're so far from home! I can hear how difficult this is though - could you ask the nurse again for a sleeping pill to help you feel less agitated?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Going to try to go home and ask for a taxi or something. I hate it here I could be waiting days for a bed to become available. They haven’t even given me my antidepressants that i asked for so now I feel sick.
  • Options
    I’ve lefted but I’ve told them and they said okay cause I spoke to mental health team again.
  • Options
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,094 Wise Owl
    Sending lots of hugs to everyone <3
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 159 Helping Hand
    Hey @Siobhan

It seems like you had a really bad night yesterday. I hope you're home now or in a safe place and that you're feeling less overwhelmed.

We're always here for you, and let us know how you got on :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 159 Helping Hand
    Hello @LorryTruck

I'm sorry you're going to spend New Years alone and having to do that just for being honest sounds very difficult. Please remember you shouldn't feel pressured to do anything or to be in the company of someone who makes you uncomfortable. By being honest and setting boundaries you're prioritizing yourself, which is good.

You mentioned that you haven't heard from your social worker in quite some time, is there any way to contact them yourself? It seems that you feel like they left you on your own after having such a huge impact in your life and I see how that would make you feel overwhelmed.

Keep us updated on the situation, we're always here to listen.
    Sending hugs to everyone :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ChrisMChrisM Moderator, Staff Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    @LorryTruck I'm sorry to hear the holidays have been so tough on you. How are you feeling today?

You mentioned that you have lost your social workers details. If you contact social services directly they should be able to reconnect you, should you want to.

Sending new year wishes from our community.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Trains are on strike so only few trains running. I normally get the standsted train to my hospital appointment but isn’t running so have to go through London so I am scared. And it’s costing me £100

I only self harmed like 2 weeks ago and I have already spent £300 on travelling. I feel so shit and I just can’t be bothered with this life anymore
This discussion has been closed.