Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Sending hugs and strength @Mel_ - take your time and remember to try and be kind to yourself right now, you deserve support with how you are feeling right now. The community will always be here for you if/when you feel ready to talk through what has happened, but do also check out the services that Ben shared in the meantime as there will be people willing to listen and talk through it all. You've shown such strength in coping with all of this so far, and whilst it may not always feel like it, you can find that strength to continue forward no matter how hard today may feel.

Thank you..I’m trying just really struggling I only just about got through the night and that involved a more or less pointless visit to the hospital to be sent home & now wait for the crisis team…
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    @Jellyelephant I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling stressed at the moment. Hope you are okay, sending hugs to you.

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    @Siobhan I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so awful - it sounded like a really good day with your friends, and making new friends is actually so hard - so definitely something to be proud of.

Sometimes our feelings just don't make a whole lot of sense - and that's okay, they are still really valid.

How are you feeling today? Have things shifted a bit or still the same?

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    I’m in such a bad mind set right now I don’t know how the evening will go
  • Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Mel_ wrote: »

Thank you for sharing this with us @Mel_. It sounds like things are feeling really difficult at the moment. I'm wondering if you feel as though there is any support that you'll be able to access tonight? Perhaps from some of the organisations that we have mentioned here previously?

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BenMa wrote: »
    Mel_ wrote: »

Thank you for sharing this with us @Mel_. It sounds like things are feeling really difficult at the moment. I'm wondering if you feel as though there is any support that you'll be able to access tonight? Perhaps from some of the organisations that we have mentioned here previously?

I’m trying. I’m just in a bad way right now.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Sending you lots of strength and a big virtual hug @Mel_ <3 How are you feeling today?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    :(
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,166 Boards Champion
    edited August 2022
    :disappointed:
  • Options
    Sending hugs to @Dancer and @Chloe234, hope you are okay <3
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »
    Sending you lots of strength and a big virtual hug @Mel_ <3 How are you feeling today?

In a really bad way still
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Sending hugs to everyone in need of one 🤗
  • Options
    Really needed support circle tonight but its cancelled. feel so alone and this is usually the only time i allow myself to get support. Hate myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Didnt allow myself to get support tonight. Really struggling. Not in a good place. Am safe tho.
  • Options
    Ive messed up, im a horrible person
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2022
    Sending you hugs @Jellyelephant. The low and anxious feelings sound really tough. You have done so well to not only acknowledge them but also talk to us about them.

Would you like to share more with us? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Really really struggling the past few days but feel like im being turned away by everyone that knows and feel like no one cares :disappointed: all i want is people who wont turn away from me when i need them most. Feel like im invisible. Idk.
  • Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Sending hugs your way @Chloe234
    It sounds like things are really tough these past few days, I'm sorry to hear that everyones turning away from you. We're here to listen if you want to talk.
    Stay strong <3

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    I'm also always here for you too @Chloe and I promise I will be there for you if you ever needed anything <3
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Up to my eyeballs in stress. First day of kitchen removal/fitting/sorting of electrics went well but fucking hell it’s a mess and it’s so stressful!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    😭Life is so shit
This discussion has been closed.