Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    No your not stupid Leila you don't deserve to be called stupid
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    No your not stupid Leila you don't deserve to be called stupid

I am but ok
  • Options
    No your not no one is
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I feel so unprepared for my exam in 2 weeks, my lecturer is being no help at all and we've basically received no support. I'm so close to finishing my degree but I'm so scared of doing badly in this exam
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Let me scream please 😩
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    @Dandelion - We hear you. What would help you to feel more prepared for your exams in 2 weeks – is there a specific area of the curriculum you are struggling with the most or something else? It sounds difficult that your lecturer is being no help at all and you’ve basically received no support but we believe in you :)

@LorryTruck - We hear you. Would you like to share more with us about what hurts? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

@Leila - We hear you. What would you like to scream? :)

Sending you all hugs! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    These death threats are so bad, please stop 😭
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Sometimes I find myself feeling bad for wanting to express my thoughts of self harming because I feel like I'm attention seeking, which doesn't help at all as it just feeds into the urges. I feel like I should either just shut up or do it and I don't know why.

TW: Mention of suicidal ideation and plans
    The past few months I've had suicidal ideation which has genuinely scared me because I know that I could access the resources if things got so bad. I've never had this before where I've had a solid plan and waiting for when it all gets too much. I know it will work.

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Feel like dying
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    Sometimes I find myself feeling bad for wanting to express my thoughts of self harming because I feel like I'm attention seeking, which doesn't help at all as it just feeds into the urges. I feel like I should either just shut up or do it and I don't know why.

TW: Mention of suicidal ideation and plans
    The past few months I've had suicidal ideation which has genuinely scared me because I know that I could access the resources if things got so bad. I've never had this before where I've had a solid plan and waiting for when it all gets too much. I know it will work.

Always good to see you posting @Salix_alba_2019. ✨

I just wanted to acknowledge the weight of this. It does feel scary when we move from 'things are really painful and I want it to stop' to 'I could end my life if things get bad enough'. There's vulnerability in admitting this, so well done. These things are never easy to share.

Even if you are seeking attention or seeking care, there's totally nothing wrong with that. We seek attention because we need it and it's natural to want our pain to be noticed. (Not saying that's what you are doing necessarily - I'm conscious people self-harm for different reasons)

The staff team might drop you a PM today just to talk a bit more about the plan you mentioned and to see if you're up for working through some safety planning with us. 😊 Also a gentle reminder of these crisis support services if you need them.

In the meantime though, sending hugs and please lean on the community when you need to - we're always here. You're doing great, even when it doesn't feel like it.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    I feel so ill, Drs don't have anymore appointments today said to call back tomorrow
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Dandelion wrote: »
    I feel so ill, Drs don't have anymore appointments today said to call back tomorrow

Sorry to hear that you're ill. Hopefully the doctors get back to you quickly and you make a speedy recovery - Sending love

Sinead
  • Options
    Went to bed crying, woke up in a panic
  • Options
    chloe224488chloe224488 Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Leila wrote: »

Hi @Lelia sorry to hear that, how are you feeling now? <3
  • Options
    Leila wrote: »

Hi @Lelia sorry to hear that, how are you feeling now? <3

I'm okay, thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Whilst I feel a bit better than I have done I still don’t feel great I just want to lie in bed but I’ve done that the past two day, I really need to do some revision cause my exams start in a weeks time
  • Options
    I feel a freak
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    I got really drunk yesterday. Was sick in the garden and just fell on it. I am so embarrassed
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    sending hugs to everyone who wants one!!! :heart: i'm fine, but i still want a hug cos hugs are nice

@Shaunie omg that's so sick!! are your shoes laced? cos you are tripping
    okay but seriously, i hope youre not too hungover and youre okay from the fall!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Lol I didn’t mean I literally just fell on it. I mean I just fell on it when I was sick. So like I was being sick with my knees on the floor. Then I like just collapsed into my own sick lmao like who does that lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    ahhh sounds messy!!! hope you're feeling better today, you're tough if you can stomach *ba-dum tss* that

okay maybe now i need a hug cos we was having a chippy tonight but now we're not
  • Options
    Woke up missing my girlfriend
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    Sending everyone hugs! <3

@Owl - oh no, how disappointing. Do you know when you might be able to have chippy?

@awesomeminecraft6789 - This sounds really difficult. Do you know when you might be able to see your girlfriend and the sorts of things which help when you miss her?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Sending everyone hugs! <3

@Owl - oh no, how disappointing. Do you know when you might be able to have chippy?

@awesomeminecraft6789 - This sounds really difficult. Do you know when you might be able to see your girlfriend and the sorts of things which help when you miss her?

I get to see her in the summer but it's like I just want to see her because she makes me who I am today. Sounds cheesy but she is everything to me. And I just cry not being able to see her.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

I feel horrific.
  • Options
    I feel horrific.

Sending you hugs.
  • Options
    I miss my gf. I'm lonely without her
This discussion has been closed.