Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yes, perhaps it is, but when i'd already said "i cant stop crying" how is "well stop crying and think about it constructive advice

But you also said that you dind't know why you were crying. That is why CptCoatHanger said what he did. So therefore it was constructive. What else did you expect people to say? What advice did you want?

I don't mean to be harsh but I don't really understand why you are so pissed off.

Franki, I hope you put ice etc on it.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki, I hope you put ice etc on it.
    I put as much cold water as I could on it, but I was at work. It would have been way too suspicious me walking round with ice under my shirt. It's a really bad blister actually. Fuck arse shit wank fuck.
  • Options
    Yes, perhaps it is, but when i'd already said "i cant stop crying" how is "well stop crying and think about it constructive advice

It is constructive advice in a lot of ways, why you are crying is an important thing to consider if you ever want to deal with it.

It could have been more tactful, but why should it have been?
  • Options
    Off topic: I bought "Girl Interupted" yesterday and am about to sit down and watch it. =)
  • Options
    What do infected cuts/burns/whatever look like? Like, not REALLY infected, but a little bit?
  • Options
    They look septic.
  • Options
    So like, yellow, with redness and things?

Shit.
  • Options
    red, hot, very swollen, painful, sometimes oozing awful smelling goo.
  • Options
    i'm now going to go see the psychiatrist on the 10th, so hopefully i can get somethings sorted. My foster family are making my life even more hellish. they all want me to go ASAP, but my foster parents don't want me to go into independent living because it's not a nice place and i have to pay all my own bills, and they don't want my education to suffer because they'd feel bad. I'm trapped. I'm continually being told i haven't said things i know i have said, and they keep saying i'm lying all the time, to the extent that i was supposedly 40 mins late when i said in the morning that i would be late home and i got £5 docked from my allowance. i'm getting the blame for everything. I woke up today and had my eldest foster sister have a go for supposedly looking at her magazine, which she left in the kitchen open on the side. she really layed into me and called me pretty much every name under the sun, which first thing this morning was too much to take. Luckily i got to escape for the day to hang out with wheresmyplacebo. but i can't cope with all of this and dealing with school and stuff. the work load is fernominal, i'm doing 4 hours plus each evening. i'm not allowed on the internet at home, so i can't come on here for support and i can't open up to anyone at school everyone seems to think i'm a freak....what can i do?
  • Options
    A few weeks ago, I stopped taking my anti-depressants. This wasn't strictly deliberate. I was running low so thought to myself "I'll have to get some more". Of course, I never did. Always made excuses "oh, I've got to go to work, by the time I'm done, it'll be too late in the day to collect them", that sort of thing. Recently, I made the decision to go back onto them. The first time round, they didn't have many side effects. This time though, I'm always feeling sleepy on the damn things. Feels weird. Just wanted to rant, that's all.
  • Options
    Meh its that time of year again. I hate winter.
  • Options
    i made an appointment today to go to the doctors about going back on ADs. its got to the point that 98% of the time i want to be dead. which is stupid coz when i was in the car crash 2 months ago all i wanted to do was stay alive. i don't think i'd kill myself, but i found myself popping 32 of those red ibuprofen fast acting ones out of the packet and sitting down with them in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. think its time.
  • Options
    I cut myself last night for the first time in weeks. Much as I've settled in at uni, 1. no one knows anything about this kinda stuff and 2. I don't have the safety net of friends here that I had at home. I'm worried I'll start slipping again. Hmph.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The first time round, they didn't have many side effects. This time though, I'm always feeling sleepy on the damn things. Feels weird. Just wanted to rant, that's all.
    Which ones do you take (or not as the case may be!)?
  • Options
    :( Is it wrong to be unhappy every time my boyfriend is away? Is it wrong to feel dependent on him and when I can't talk/see him I feel depressed? Sigh. I'm in a long distance relationship and I only see my boyfriend every fortnight. I'm quite dependent on him and he is my main source of support. Not seeing him gets to me real bad and makes me feel extremely low. I suppose I'm just weird.
    That doesn't sound weird, it sounds perfectly normal to me.
  • Options
    There are several reasons why people self harm - I read through some of the posts on here and there have been differing reasons given. I self harm and have done for 3-4 years I recently cut back on it a lot and stopped myself but then I lost all thot and resorted back to it. I wish I could find help but I'm too embarassed to talk to most people about it (I've only talked to a couple of close friends and a teacher about it) I feel ashamed about what I do to myself and its hell trying to hide the scars. Has anyone on here managed to stop without professional support?
  • Options
    I have.
  • Options
    I cut, have done for as long as I can remember. My boyfriend,stepmum and dad have all died in the last 3 years. I had an abortion 2years ago, I'm getting shit from someone for that because of how selfish it was. I have an amazing opportunity to work a ski season, 6 months in Austria, my dream. But if I go then I'd have to leave my dad's kids and they don't want me to go,the youngest is only 3 and he's messed up enough as it is over the death of his parents. He thinks if I go away, I'm not going to come back either. I can't see a way out of this anymore, really have hit rock bottom. I'm cutting more than ever. I'm not suicidal though, big difference. I guess most of you realise that, if anything, self harm is the opposite to suicide. I cut to show I'm still alive, to feel pain instead of numbness, to see the blood flowing; not to end anything. I want/need help but no-one seems to want to know. I'm not ready to stop, I'm not ready for counselling. I want to talk to someone I know, someone who cares, not someone who's getting paid to listen. I don't even know what the point of this post is, just needed to vent somewhere, just want things to get better not worse for the first time in too long. Argh
  • Options
    Go to austria. Show him you'll come back. Do something you've dreamed of, because you'll regret it if you don't.
  • Options
    I cut last night for the first time in months. I tried to hide it from my boyfriend but he found out. I've never seen him so upset. It made me feel like shit. I wanted just to leave, to not cause him anymore trouble or pain. I wish he didn't have to deal with me.
  • Options
    Yeah I got the courage to wear a strappy top at the freshers' event I was hosting and everyone noticed which has made me feel a bit shit (but then it's not surprising I know it's horrendous). Everyone thinks I've stopped when I've just changed where I do it.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I cut last night for the first time in months. I tried to hide it from my boyfriend but he found out. I've never seen him so upset. It made me feel like shit. I wanted just to leave, to not cause him anymore trouble or pain. I wish he didn't have to deal with me.

<3

*love for manda*
  • Options
    SupaStar wrote:
    <3

*love for manda*
    Thank you doll
    *more love for you*
  • Options
    I just want to give up right now i'm sick of everything
  • Options
    It's been a little over a week since I last cut. Before that it was like six months. Now its all I can think about. I give all I have to keep myself from doing it. I feel physically sick to my stomache thinking about it. I want help. :|
  • Options
    already said what i have to say manda. keep yer chin up, we all love you <3 x
  • Options
    *sigh* I really dont know what to do, i mean I know I should call someone etc... make sure ppl dont get in but at the same time i want to get in so no one will notice me and i can hurt myself. i dunno what to do should i carry on or tell them and hope they let me stay in??
  • Options
    Gav mate, what's this about?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Gav mate, what's this about?

I dont know :/

When I get worked up and do bad I dont always remeber what I am doing
  • Options
    gavster,