Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    whats wrong piccolo?
  • Options
    Feel really sick (as in nauseated) and I've been getting shooting pains in hte back of my head.
  • Options
    :(

any idea why?
  • Options
    Think it's a side-effect of hte Prozac. I was warned. I didn't get an info leaflet but I did some reading online that lists both as very common side-effects.
  • Options
    sorry you're feeling rough.
    Hopefully it'll settle down within a week or two (I think that's what they normally say). Once your body is used to it it should be much better. hope so anyway..
  • Options
    feel like total crap

really want to hurt myself enough so i dont have to go back to that place again

cant cope :(
  • Options
    Blah. Blahblahblahblah. I feel shit, and I don't know why, and I don't like it. I keep getting urges to cut, and since the last time I did it, it bled, and I've never made it bleed before, now I want to make it bleed again, because it really calmed me down. Thing is, that time I had a reason to wanna do it, this time it's just because I feel shit. And I feel shit for no reason. BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I hate this :(.
  • Options
    I get that urge somedays, there is an odd calming effect, but then I wake up the next day thinking it felt worth it at the time, but now...it's really not.

Is there any friends you could go see, anything challenging you could find to do or anything to distract yourself honey?

Malt x
  • Options
    I have friends, but not the kind of friends you can just go see on the spur of the moment. Challenging stuff...maybe. I dunno though, stuff like that doesn't tend to distract me. There's always this little thing in the back of my mind that keeps it there.

I think what I really need is a big hug from one of my best friends, but ya know what? I have nobody that I can get a big hug FROM round here.
  • Options
    have an online hug instead ((())))
  • Options
    Ty :).

Wish it was real though *sigh*.
  • Options
    i cant cry. and i really really need to. stupid fucking meds.
  • Options
    :heart: *hugs for Kirsty*.
  • Options

i'm gonna be away for the rest of the week hunny but my phone is always on x x x x

take care of yourself sweetheart :heart:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I havent read through all 80 pages, so sorry if this has been raised before.

It has come to my attention that people around me view me as depressed, I have suffered from depresion in the past and seen psychiatrists and the like.

But now more than ever, when I should be at my happiest... I find myself down and feeling very alone.

I am currently seeing a pyscologist for emotional work, because of other problems, She says that I often use humor to cover my sadness... But now I can't seem to find things funny, I'm becoming more cynicle(sp) by the day and people are noticing.

Don't have any clue why I'm telling a bunch of strangers on the internet this, but I suppose its easier than telling real people...
  • Options
    but pirate ;'(

pirates inc are a team and we are here for you! you got our numbers right? well i know it seems stupid to say it over the net sometime but yar like if you want to talk to someone (although i know most people like to talk to girls) i'm usually awake 24/7 tbh so yar hope your ok dude!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Gavman wrote:
    but pirate ;'(

pirates inc are a team and we are here for you! you got our numbers right? well i know it seems stupid to say it over the net sometime but yar like if you want to talk to someone (although i know most people like to talk to girls) i'm usually awake 24/7 tbh so yar hope your ok dude!
    I may have to take you up on that offer later Gavman.

Cheers =)
  • Options
    thats one of the things i hate the most about my meds!! :mad: i feel like i'm going to explode when i need to cry and i cant and i feel so out of control of myself! its the worst!
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I may have to take you up on that offer later Gavman.

Cheers =)
    And you got my number too Pirate, remember...
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Don't have any clue why I'm telling a bunch of strangers on the internet this, but I suppose its easier than telling real people...

Tru Dat. And it's good for you. If you're saying something to someone on the internet you can think about what you're saying, much easier than talking to someone in person. Sounds like you're on the right track pirate boi, do remember theres loads of us on here for ya if ya wanna rant/scream/shout/bitch
    Chin up :)
  • Options
    Sorry if im interupting anything, i just really need to get this off my chest. Ever since i last cut its become a more and more frequent thing, and now i cant stop and its getting out of control, the so called mental health proffesionals dont believe theres anything wrong, and they just think im looking for attention and wasting their time. The only help in gettting is going to a "self help room" which is meant to be used with other treatment, and everything is just spiraling out of control. I wish i was dead, whenever anything happens or anyone says anything i burst into tears.

Nothing is right, i wish i could just go home and curl up in a ball and sleep, but i cant because the teachers wont let me leave, even though i feel completely crap and keep crying. and i also cant leave because im so far behind on the work, because i can never sit down and focus on anything for more than about 10 minutes. It seems like i'll never catch up, and i cant even focus on my homework either.

Sorry if this makes no sense, but i just really needed to get this outta my system before i end up cutting again.

i am experiencing EXACTLY the same thing as you!! i totally understand, i cant focus and i get soooo frustrated and that just makes me want to cut which makes me even more frustrated because i cant not do it....its just a never ending cycle :crying: i cant handle it anymore...
  • Options
    lucymaly_1 wrote:
    i am experiencing EXACTLY the same thing as you!! i totally understand, i cant focus and i get soooo frustrated and that just makes me want to cut which makes me even more frustrated because i cant not do it....its just a never ending cycle :crying: i cant handle it anymore...
    This is gonna sound really harsh but I promise it's not meant to be, because I want to help and things but...

...can you try and not use the pink writing please? It's kinda hard on the eyes and makes it difficult to read and so puts people off reading and therefore helping.

Just a note :).
  • Options
    what the hell do you people achieve in cutting yourself? whats the point?
  • Options
    why the hell do u think u can say things like that?
  • Options
    what the hell do you people achieve in cutting yourself? whats the point?
    I think if you read the thread you would more than likely find the answer to why.

I also think that that was very disrespectful and totally unnecessary. So do go away, won't you?
  • Options
    If you read the thread there are a few explanations, I don't have the energy right now.

But to be honest you shouldn't make comments like that, which sound demeaning, in a supportive thread like this. People are likely to take offence. Just for next time!
  • Options
    What kind of post is that???

You blatently know nothing about self harming and understand nothing about it.

People come here for help. Stop trying to put people down by posting your idiotic, useless comments.
    you dumbass its a question not a comment.
  • Options
    anyway you people need help. but you probably refuse to accept it for whatever reason.
  • Options
    anyway you people need help. but you probably refuse to accept it for whatever reason.

How very insightful.

Go away.
  • Options
    We know we need help, thank you. You don't need to tell us that.

And at least 3 of us have said to you that if you read the thread you will find the answers to your questions. And if you keep insulting us and degrading us, you won't get any more help, more likely a ban actually.