Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this what it feels like to fall to peices?
  • Options
    Is this what it feels like to fall to peices?

What's happening honey? Was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were x
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    What's happening honey? Was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were x

I don't know. i'm getting really strange thoughts that are hard to control...i dpon't even know how to describe them but i feel very disconnected.
  • Options
    hello everyone,

thought it was only fair i post in this thread to let you know what's been going on

well, i've been struggling sooo much lately. not had no motivation at all to post to any of my forums

all the suicidal thoughts are still with me, and now when they come- i end up turning in to some crazy guy and do things that are really hurtful

on tuesday (during 1 of my severe episodes) i left a scar on my wrist so big that it could never go. it hurt at first (burning sensation) but that went- and i've only just realised what i've done- so ashamed of myself

my emsomnia's been terrible, with not even an hour of sleep each night.

other things have gone on too, weightless experiences, disociation, all kinds of horrible things that have happened to me

but today i got the energy to come on here for a bit- and my it's changed.

loads of new names i don't even recognize

so yes, i just wanted to post to let you know that i'm still hanging on, but only just
  • Options
    I'm cold and tired. i feel like O/D-ing :(
  • Options
    Hi Avatar Of Agony,

It's great to see you back on the boards, so sorry that things been so tough for you lately. It's good that you have found the strength to come on here and let us know how you are getting on.

Are you seeing any professionals at the moment to help you with your feelings?

Thing on here do flux and change quite quickly! But there is still the same support, advice and many of the people you will have chatted to before so please do keep coming back to let us know how you are.

Take care
  • Options
    Hi Brunettebarbie,

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this at the moment. Is there anything that's happened recently?

Take care and keep posting
  • Options
    I'm cold and tired. i feel like O/D-ing :(

*hug*

i've been having scary thoughts recently too. you're not alone, hold on tightly.
  • Options
    i just wanted to come back to this thread and give everyone *HUGS* cuz it's really shite coping with mental illness and i think you guys are so tough, brave and show amazing strength in not giving up and coping with what life throws at you. I'm thankfully feeling well at the moment- it is possible but unfortunately there's no magic formula or i'd hand it out to you!

Keep posting to let everyone know how you are feeling, even this little bit of communication will help you :)

Lots of Love n Hugs xxxxx
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    i just wanted to come back to this thread and give everyone *HUGS* cuz it's really shite coping with mental illness and i think you guys are so tough, brave and show amazing strength in not giving up and coping with what life throws at you. I'm thankfully feeling well at the moment- it is possible but unfortunately there's no magic formula or i'd hand it out to you!

Keep posting to let everyone know how you are feeling, even this little bit of communication will help you :)

Lots of Love n Hugs xxxxx

Thanks Skakitty. i feel that i still have alot to overcome and alot to learn about my Schizophrenia. my medication is still being ajusted so i guess i've gotta be patient.

BB x
  • Options
    Can't stand anything any more, suicidal thoughts only get worst and S/H has reached a limit.
  • Options
    I didn’t go to work today. I hate myself for lying to them and saying I’m ill, but I can’t leave the house. I cut yesterday and I cut badly again today. I keep hearing the voice of my ex, repeating things to me. I can’t escape it or him. Maybe I should feel bad, because I’m hurting myself and in turn the baby, but I just feel disconnected and numb.

I don’t know what to do and I don’t know if I want to be here.
  • Options
    Hi ella,

Just wondered if you were getting any professional support at the moment about how you feel? Also could you talk to your manager at work about perhaps needing some time off if things are a bit tough at the moment? You mentioned your baby - are you pregnant?

Take care and keep posting :)
  • Options
    Hey,

Don't really know why I'm posting this.. Maybe just to vent it out.

Been feeling really disconnected from everyone around me. Kind of away from my hometown, haven't heard from any of my friends in the whole 8 months I've been here. My girlfriend is 2 hours away and won't been seen until after April and I have this nasty feeling that I need to bust a vein.

For some background, I am a 'recovering' self-harmer, who stopped actively doing it 3 years ago. Was sporadically doing it for the next 2 and a half, and have been self-harm free for the past 6 months. I always had trouble with late nights and bad thoughts but.. I find its just getting worse and worse. I only hold myself back because I would normally see my girlfriend every few weeks and she'd definately see the scars or scabs. Now I'm probably not going to be in contact with anyone for the next few months and the feelings are just terrible. :(

Sorry for this ranty/whiny post, but I saw this thread title and figured I should post the feelings here..

Thanks,
  • Options
    im sitting here right now try hard not to slef harm my parents have hidden most sharp things but i found a couple
  • Options
    Hi dolphins27 and welcome to TheSite.org,

So sorry that you're feeling like this but it's great that you're trying hard not to self-harm. There are loads of people here who can offer you support and can share their stories with you - you're not alone. Have you seen this section on self-harm?

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm

There are lots of useful things to read on their as well as videos and audio clips from people who've been in the same situation as you.

Do you have any distraction techniques you can use? Have a look at this article, hopefully you'll find something which will work for you and help you get through the toughest times:

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/copingtipsanddistractions

Take care of yourself and do keep posting, that's what we're here for *hug*

Cat
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Sorry for this ranty/whiny post, but I saw this thread title and figured I should post the feelings here..

Thanks,

:wave: venting can be a good release and I hope it helped to post.

Just to let you know that we encourage people to post individual threads as much as replying to this one as we're aware that everyone's situation is different and you might get more replies if you have your own topic.

It sounds like you've come a long way with your self-harm and you say night times are the hardest. I can relate to this - during difficult times it's easy for our thoughts to get carried away when it gets late and loneliness can kick in - is this what you mean?

Finding a good routine at night times might be a way to get through this tough period - is there anything you do at the moment to help you relax or feel calm? Here's an article on sleeping easy that talks about some of the factors - http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/wellbeing/sleeping/sleepingeasy

Also, whenever thinking about distractions for self-harm, it's good to harness thoughts about what has worked effectively in the past, are you able to recognize specific things that help?
  • Options
    I am potentially about to lose my job over a incident of self harm at work. the irony is they are such stupid superficial cuts. actually makes me want to cut the shit out of myself and just go to town.
  • Options
    I am potentially about to lose my job over a incident of self harm at work. the irony is they are such stupid superficial cuts. actually makes me want to cut the shit out of myself and just go to town.
    You know that wouldn't help anything lovely :heart:.
  • Options
    i know franki. i just am so emotional and drained and they still havent given me a definite answer. tomorrows the day, just took a sed so i wont dwell and not sleep. but really not sure if i can handle losing my job.
  • Options
    Everything will be fine. And if it's not I will come punch some people in the face, k?
  • Options
    please do. i think im too weak to take it
  • Options
    please do. i think im too weak to take it
    Of course sweetie. And on my way home I will take a quick detour to come give you a big cuddle *hug*
  • Options
    Is that legal?

ETA: Just remembered there's an expert chat tonight; you should ask!
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Is that legal?

ETA: Just remembered there's an expert chat tonight; you should ask!

It may be classed as disability discrimination under the equalities act?
  • Options
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It may be classed as disability discrimination under the equalities act?

That was my first thought, too. I asked about it in the expert chat, because it had come up as an issue for me in an old job, and she said it really depends on the circumstances of the incident. Full answer will be in the transcript, obviously.
  • Options
    thanks for the comments guys! i did lose my jo but we discussed everything and whilst my mental health was deemed an issue it was not the sole one so i can't really argue. just have to move on i guess.
  • Options
    I'm not getting better. I thought I was and I'm not. I guess I need to speak to my boss next week :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    *hug* It's good your going to talk to your boss! Have you also thought about visiting your GP?