Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds like you've got a lot going on to stress you. Try give yourself some space to chill. Putting pressure on yourself wont help, you'll feel more stressed, then get down, then feel sensitive, then feel more down, then stress gets you even more etc etc.
    Im sure theres nothing to worry about with your grandad. its probably just something that crossed his mind and not because of anything sinister. My nan reads things somewhere then worries over and over about it.
    does he read the Daily Express?they're always waffling about death tax's!
  • Options
    Life sucks. I'm finding it really hard to have the strength to keep going. Every day I seriously think about suicide. I have researched it enough to know how to do it quickly and painlessly. I've been thinking about the details of how and where I would do it.

I think the one thing that's stopping me is that people will think I was weak and pathetic, and that's how I'll be remembered... and maybe, just maybe, things will be better in a few years.

The last year has just been out of control:

- I had my heart broken a year ago by an evil manipulative bitch who I now realise was using me for my money. She manipulated me and enjoyed seeing me suffer.

- I'm in love with my best friend, the most amazing, selfless, beautiful, funny, caring person in the world, but I can't tell her. I'm sure she doesn't feel the same way and I will lose her as a friend if I told her. She has a boyfriend who cheated on her and treats her like crap. She seems to go for the bad boy type which is just not me and she doesn't deserve it. It's so difficult to hide your feelings once you realise you love someone! She's the only reason I'm still here so I just can't risk it. Once I was so close to killing myself and then she called me out of the blue and we talked for 4 hours about random stuff. She doesn't know it but she saved my life that day. I love her. But if I lost her as a friend my life would be over.

- I was bullied constantly at school, eventually I had panic attacks and had to leave school early, and it took me 10 years to recover. I didn't have any friends until a year ago.

- I owe over £40,000 after the business I had been running for 5 years went under. I can't pay any of it back.

- I just had my car repossessed because I couldn't meet the payments.

- Nobody will employ me because I was self-employed. Jobs for the skills I have are worth £35K!

- Alliance & Leicester just stole £75.00 from me for going over the overdraft limit by £50 for 7 days!

I don't know what I expect to gain from telling people this but I can't tell anyone in real life and it helps just to write it out and know that someone, somewhere will read it and know what I'm thinking.
  • Options
    Feeling really shitty today. Got a phone call from my tutor saying that they're thinking of kicking me out of Film Studies for not turning up to so many lessons recently, which would suck as I have my exam in a couple of weeks and I need this grade to get into Uni.

Also just feeling really depressed anyway, I don't know if it's my killer come down from Saturday coming back to haunt me or not, but I just feel really lonely and down for some reason. :(

Hmm a nice spliff may help.
  • Options
    man that sucks pill'ed.

Maybe if you had a word with your tutors or teachers and explained whats happening they might be a little more lenient (plus a little grovelling would help :p)

as for the loneliness, I'd just say ring up a couple mates and do something, maybe lay off the drugs if you think there making you feel bad.

take it easy. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah I know man, I'm sure I can in there later and blag up staying if I attend all my lessons. I just can't be dealing with them all having a go at me when I go in later, not in the mood.
    I've been seeing my mates, I just feel lonely romantically lol, I've been texting a girl who wants to meet up again but I kinda don't wanna get anything cos she'll just be going to Uni soon anyway.

As for drugs, they're all that keeps me happy when I'm down lol. I don't self harm or anything, they're my way of coping.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I've been getting a lot of shit of teachers as well, you just have to grit your teeth and try to tune them out. I mean you can't have long left at college right?

as for the drugs: Ok thats fine, just don't go overboard.

as for the romance: hey, you got the girl interested, thats half the battle. These opportunities don't come along very often so I say see where it goes. but I know what you mean about it getting close but just have fun. if you don't want to however, then tell her.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Feeling really shitty today. Got a phone call from my tutor saying that they're thinking of kicking me out of Film Studies for not turning up to so many lessons recently, which would suck as I have my exam in a couple of weeks and I need this grade to get into Uni.

They're giving you a warning so take the hint and start going to class! Once they see you are going again then they will be happy and won't kick you off the course. I was like that in college - I needed a big kick up the arse. Just be thankfull they called you and not your mum like they did to me!

Anyway, maybe you should take a break from the drugs ya know. Sounds like your come downs are really bad! If you hammer it every weekend then your brains gonna be fried. Also look into buying some St Johns Worts off t'internet (they do larger doses online) because thats supposed to balance moods and I think it works :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    They're giving you a warning so take the hint and start going to class! Once they see you are going again then they will be happy and won't kick you off the course. I was like that in college - I needed a big kick up the arse. Just be thankfull they called you and not your mum like they did to me!

Anyway, maybe you should take a break from the drugs ya know. Sounds like your come downs are really bad! If you hammer it every weekend then your brains gonna be fried. Also look into buying some St Johns Worts off t'internet (they do larger doses online) because thats supposed to balance moods and I think it works :)

Lol Yeah I know, I got kicked out of my last college at the end of the year and I still haven't learnt my lesson...although I have been better.
    Oh, and they called my mum aswell. lol

I don't hammer drugs as much as I used to, my come downs aren't always this bad... but yeah I know what you mean. Prehaps a break is in order. Quite hard though.
    St Johns Worts... hmm sounds interesting, I'll have a look...

Cheers people.
  • Options
    It is a good sugestion pill'ed. However alcohol is a depressent and can lead to you feeling a lot worse if your not a good mood when you already start drinking it, so it has to be used with caution when your suffering from depression.

Yes it is a depressant but that's not what makes people depressed when they drink. Any drug that is a depressant is a drug that depresses the CNS, hence all the side effects like slurred speech, not feeling pain.

It's when you need to take alcohol regularly to escape from your problems that you can go into a downward spiral of depression.
  • Options
    Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling? Samaritans is a great place for just picking up the phone and letting everything out. (08457 909090 )

You mind find venting how you feel helps with the need to self-harm.
  • Options
    I have a strange urge to self harm, despite me being reasonably happy the last week or so. (even though I have been a bit stressed lately)
  • Options
    i feel really odd on such a high but want to harm so odd-feel indestructable like i could do anything

want to jump and fly
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I have a strange urge to self harm, despite me being reasonably happy the last week or so. (even though I have been a bit stressed lately)

I get this from time to time. Normally its the stress talking rather then the fact your in a good mood.
  • Options
    shadow wrote: »
    I know how you feel. How are you? Im so pathetic.

your not

im not sure-feel odd

feel indestructable but want to harm
  • Options
    I feel weird, not depressed but slightly unhappy.

I feel like im not achieving all that I could or that im substandard compared to most people, I mean most guys my age have a job, their own place, even kids to some couples.

I just feel a little behind.

(no need to worry, just a thought)
  • Options

I feel like im not achieving all that I could or that im substandard compared to most people, I mean most guys my age have a job, their own place, even kids to some couples.

There are many people in this situation who are your own age. I personally wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options

of course we'll worry-im sure you're not behind its just the time of year it is

i'm sure you're doing brilliantly

take care
  • Options
    Feeling really low today, and don't really know why.

I should be feeling quite good. I had an exam yesterday and it went quite well, so i should be happy with that.

Instead i just feel miserable. It took me ages to get to sleep last night, cos i was just thinking of things. Nothing in particular, just stuff.

Now i just feel like hiding away and not moving out my room. Urgh, I hate feeling like this :(
  • Options
    shadow wrote: »
    Still feel down and that. How are you Hyper? I keep thinking about harming. I dont want to be here. Sorry to moan and be annoying.

feel odd-feel high-feel indestructable-feel like i want to harm-stupid sorry

your not annoying

how you doing jelly tots-feeling any better

(counsellor tomorrow-aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-dont feel i need to go anymore)
  • Options
    didnt go to counsellor didnt want to told her i was fine but im not im breaking down-am on my way down been so high now going low-sorry cant cope sorry
  • Options
    hiya sorry to sound so selfish but i am really feeling like crap today it just takes one little thing to kick everything off and i can't even cry. so fucking numb. and trying not to cut myself.
  • Options
    hazell wrote: »
    hiya sorry to sound so selfish but i am really feeling like crap today it just takes one little thing to kick everything off and i can't even cry. so fucking numb. and trying not to cut myself.

nice to see you again Hazell :)

anything making you feel like this?
  • Options
    im fine, thanks for asking. :)
  • Options
    sounds to me like your a little bit bored. what have you been doing today?
  • Options
    don't say that, you know the more you say that the more you will start believing it?

If you want an Idea of what to do, take something up like model building, gardening, playing computer games, anything to keep you busy. trust me, if you sit around doing nothing, you turn on yourself.
  • Options
    thats not important. (college)

I was asking you.
  • Options
    don't say that, you know the more you say that the more you will start believing it?

If you want an Idea of what to do, take something up like model building, gardening, playing computer games, anything to keep you busy. trust me, if you sit around doing nothing, you turn on yourself.

Sounds like a good idea Shadow. If you sit about brooding about things it doesnt help compared to actually doing something, anything in fact, to distract you.
  • Options
    nice to see you again Hazell :)

anything making you feel like this?

hi thanks for your message. it means so much. the fact that someone remembers who i am. its not anything anything in particular - its always been at the back of my mind - the usual dealing with people i hate in a crap job, no life...all that crap...

hope youre ok mate
  • Options
    aww that sounds shit. It sounds like you should try and grit your teeth to make it work but if not look for a new job.
  • Options
    well you need to keep yourself busy. if you start feeling bad then clean your kitchen, go for a walk, do something.

A break from here could do you good as well.