Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe not but everytime someone tells you to try and do something, you give an excuse not to. why? you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain.
  • Options
    Heh things seem to keep going in circles.

Shadow, why don't you tell us what you want to improve about yourself, where you are now with that issue, where you want to eventually be and how your going to go about improving it?

Things are always a little easier when you have a clear plan in front of you and everyone can offer the best advice they have on hwo to reach your goals. Theres no point going on another 10/20 pages of whats already been said :)

Im not saying you have to go out right this minute and start, do it in your own time but lets at least try get something constructive written down so you can have an idea of what to do.

That sound ok?
  • Options
    shadow wrote: »
    Keeping my self shut in is making me worse i dont have friends to go out with

This is why people are advising you go to out and meet new people. You know the problem, cos I have just quoted you ^^^^

and many people have told you the solution.

So go figure... :thumb:
  • Options
    I think the only solution for me is to shut up get a life and keep myself to myself because im wasting peoples time.

Part right. I agree with the first half. But don't keep yourself to yourself, go out and meet new people. Meeting new people will give you happiness and confidence. If you dont need happiness and confidence then please disregard what I have said.

:thumb:
  • Options
    If you want to leave over something so silly as not being told what you want to hear then I think thats a bad idea.
  • Options
    ok then shadow. its your choice. I just hope you get better, thats all.
  • Options
    Spose i better make the most of time i have left.

I thought you said you weren't leavin now? x x
  • Options
    sorry to moan when i can see what else is going on in the thread but just need to get this out cos i feel the need to harm and dont want to so trying to stop myself-sorry if this is a waste of everyones time-have an appointment with counsellor today-third time lucky lets hope-was meant to see her yesterday after not going on tues but couldnt(for once wasnt my fault)-so scared-no idea why i get like this before i have to go-sorry
  • Options
    sorry to moan when i can see what else is going on in the thread but just need to get this out cos i feel the need to harm and dont want to so trying to stop myself-sorry if this is a waste of everyones time-have an appointment with counsellor today-third time lucky lets hope-was meant to see her yesterday after not going on tues but couldnt(for once wasnt my fault)-so scared-no idea why i get like this before i have to go-sorry

Hey - you've made an appointment with a counsellor? That's great!! :yippe: Even if you don't feel like it works, it's a step forward, because you can either find out it works for you or rule it out as a way of helping you....

....well good luck...don't be scared...they're paid to listen to you, so won't think you're being a nuisance or any of that...they'll be more than happy to help you!!

Good luck and be brave! :thumb:

ETA: Ohhhh....thought it was Shadow who'd made an appoinment with a counsellor.....so confusing you both have the same av!!! :D

Well...still...good luck Hyper...it's a positive step for ANYONE to go to a counsellor, and the same thing stands anyway...it's their job to help you, so they'll be more than happy to...good luck! :)
  • Options
    no worries no it must e a tad confusing-went counsellor not sure if it helped feel rubbish but just generally ill rubbish-im sorry want to harm again but hey ho thats life
  • Options
    no worries no it must e a tad confusing-went counsellor not sure if it helped feel rubbish but just generally ill rubbish-im sorry want to harm again but hey ho thats life

Did you feel any better that you'd spoken to the counsellor immediately afterwards?

Any regret you went? Think you might go again?
    (Sorry for all the questions...:D)
  • Options
    PLEASE stop saying sorry! you don't have anything to be sorry for, especially on here... fact, theres no arguing with it so stop :)

Its pretty shit that your tutor said that and didnt offer any other advice? Gaining motivation to work hard can be achieved though, just take each bit of work one bit at a time, dont think about the overall result and weather you'll fail or pass.

Ok you've aways had low confidence and motivation, that doesnt mean that can't change... if they can be low then they can be high too, you just need to keep telling yourself you can handle whatever life throws at you, even if you dont believe it at first. Motivation and self esteem come from realising how irrational thoughts about failing etc are, then setting yourself realistic targets, and achieving them... or if you dont achieve them thinking about why you didnt and what you can do to change it.

The thing is, you have to really WANT to sort out the situation. It can be easier to sit back and ignore it, and try to rely on uplifting comments from others which are only a very temporary help. Other people can only do so much, you're in control :)
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Did you feel any better that you'd spoken to the counsellor immediately afterwards?

Any regret you went? Think you might go again?
    (Sorry for all the questions...:D)

no worries-yeah i guess-been going on and off for a while but soon gonna come to the end as summer hols and finish college-im stuffed for uni if i cant cope-anyway sorry-take care shadow and everyone
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    :crying: i hurt so much :crying:

whats wrong?
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    whats up sweetie?

what about you are you ok?

(need to harm need to seriously harm cant cope so sorry)
  • Options
    feel numb-this feeling always scares me cos feel no control im so sorry
  • Options
    sorry you all aren't feeling so good.

chin up, you'll be ok. :)
  • Options
    i want a better life.

You and only you can do that. Sort your social life out, see you GP for anti depressents or a coucilling referral or whatever it is you need to do. You have to want to change and get better as well. No amount of sitting around moaning is going to help.
  • Options
    You and only you can do that. Sort your social life out, see you GP for anti depressents or a coucilling referral or whatever it is you need to do. You have to want to change and get better as well. No amount of sitting around moaning is going to help.

Here here :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't worry shadow. you just need to try a bit harder to relive this stress off you.
  • Options
    Yeah, its alright.
  • Options
    Im very sorry i got how i did. But im so bloody fed up with everything. Calvin id like to say sorry to you to. Id also like to say im very greatful for your support everyone. I hope you are ok Hyper person.

You don't need to say sorry to me, but what would please me more is to see you taking some steps to help yourself. Have a read over the post from freeallangles, and take onboard hers and everyone else replies. There is only so long you can go on complaining that things never impove.

• Options
    Yes thats very true. I cannot go on complaining for ever. But im not going to. There is no point. Anyway i went to bed really late last night 2.30am. Then i got up at 12.00pm. It makes the day go quicker. Im not complaining im just saying. If i get up early the day just goes to slow. As for going to bed late i always do its a bad habit of mine. As i said yesterday i tried my best i stayed in the garden all afternoon doing some jobs i watered the plants and i have to say it did me good. One day im going to try and go out on my own because i cannot always go with my mum and that forever. I will be nervous and that. Im not bad today. Feeling shit and that but never mind. Havent sh for two days.

:thumb: Hey. Good for you. You seem to really be trying to chnage the way you think and approach things. Its a real leap forward. Keep it up shadow x x x
  • Options
    It makes me laugh im so funny i thought to myself i know il go outside and water the plants but i got carried away i ended up sweeping up and get rid of some weeds. But it really helped it was better than being in the house all afternoon. I mean im not in the house all the time but when i do go out its allways with my parents that to me is just so wrong its high time it changed. Yes that would be great xsazx. Thankyou xsazx and jelly tots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps everyone is so kind to me. Thanks Calvin.

Thats really good shadow. Im glad you can see the difference yourself x x x
  • Options
    sorry for yesterday
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Here here :thumb:

Thanks. Took me bloody long enough to realise it.
  • Options
    never mind.
  • Options
    for moaning you ok johnny?

(feel weird)
  • Options
    don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

how are you both feeling today?
  • Options
    Thanks. Took me bloody long enough to realise it.

Its always the case. It takes years to work it out, just wish someone had spelt it out for me years ago.