Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Voices

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Soph sweetie I know how hard it is and know what ur going through, look at this website www.voicecollective.co.uk they are so so useful and helpful pm me I have some other info for u about these voices u are not alone! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Mrs, it's lovely for you to offer Sophie to pm you but I just want to say if it's useful information you have maybe you could post on here too? Other people who are experiencing the same as soph may read this thread and find your info helpful.
  • Options
    Mrs, it's lovely for you to offer Sophie to pm you but I just want to say if it's useful information you have maybe you could post on here too? Other people who are experiencing the same as soph may read this thread and find your info helpful.

:yes: Hear hear. These threads come up on Google and loads of people benefit from our wisdom who we may never meet when we post publicly. There are loads of folks here as well who want to learn more so we can support each other even if we don't hear voices.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    *hug* And I'm not trying to invalidate that. Have you considered looking for a mental health advocate? Some local Minds have them.

I've not, as Anna normally sits with me. But she's just as bad. I just hate that I'm not being taken seriously.
  • Options
    I just hate that I'm not being taken seriously.

What makes you think that?
  • Options
    Tips dealing with scary voices.
    1: Say no. 2: challenge them I.e a) writing mantra, a mantra is simply a sentence or 2 that says something comforting that helps u rememeber what u realpy think (not what the voices say) 3: Ignore them now this one wont happen over night this requires a lot of effort. 4: Use ur imagination, our imaginations can be a powerful tool. 5: Listen with kindness this might sound strange but if they are being nasty u could try treating them with kindness. This doesnt mean ur agreeing with them or accepting what they say but saying " u must feel really bad to say such nasty things" or " its sad that u need to be so mean". 6: Express yourself. Here are some names of people u can look up Ron Coleman from the hearing voices network, Rachel waddington, jacqui dillon or Eleanor longden (TED)
    Hope all this made sense for u soph and others.. xx

• Options
    Thanks Mrs.

Ignoring them and challenging them just make them louder and worst. I try to block them out with music ATM. But it's slipping and not working as well. Le sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Not all will work but try some of them, maybe look up those names and see what u can get but most of all look at the website I gave u they are amazing really are... x

• Options
    They're loud again tonight. Shouting and screaming. There was only the woman voice, but there's another and it likes to scream and shout, but it's should is mumbled if that makes sense?

I've decided I need to take my meds, the side effects are horrid and I'm not really coping as well being off them.

As much as I dislike Anna, I don't know how I'm going to hope until the 2nd week of Jan when I see her next :/

• Options
    Sounds like a tiring night for you sophie *hug*

How do you feel about the decision to take your meds? It sounds like it might be a positive step if you feel you're not coping so well without them - is there someone you can talk to about it if Anna isn't around, your GP maybe?

I also wondered whether you have much of a routine at the moment and if that might help over Christmas - making a bit of a plan for yourself to keep you occupied? Has Anna suggested who you should contact should you need to over the next couple of weeks?
  • Options
    *hug*

I don't want to take them, seeing as I'll just be taken off them by the psych, he never told me when though!

I can't speak to my GP about it as she said she can really only help with anxiety and depression and as mine is more complex it's up to the mental health team. (She told me this when I went a few weeks ago)

I'm in York this evening, until Sunday, but then apparently at a friends for Christmas - but even Claire (crisis worker) knows I had a plan for Xmas day, she basically read my mind!

Nope, once again Anna has left me, cos "I deal with people with more serious conditions" yeah, cos that makes me feel better! She said shed phone me Wednesday, but never did, and she's only in Monday and Tuesday and them not in the office until 2nd week of January, she never told me who I can talk to. But I know she's go "crisis" who are shit and I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Just have to go back to bottling up again!

• Options
    You don't have to bottle things up.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but how do you feel about ringing Samaritans? I know they can't really help much but just having someone to listen to you can help sometimes.

Sorry I have nothing more useful to say. You're not alone soph *hug*
  • Options
    Vodka, and alone. Slightly tipsy. Least my voices and thoughts can feed off that. Should knock me out soon. Had enough of today.
  • Options
    Vodka, and alone. Slightly tipsy. Least my voices and thoughts can feed off that. Should knock me out soon. Had enough of today.

*hug* know the feeling. Please be careful soph because there are people here who do actually care :heart:
  • Options
    Doing my best. Standing up has become a task of balancing! Cats have came and sat on me :heart:
  • Options
    Don't stand up, stay sat down, snuggle up with your cats :)
  • Options
    laying down, sitting up is like woaaaaaaaaaaah dizzy haha!
  • Options
    A big sdrjnk

• Options
    Are you okay soph?!
  • Options
    Uh just a bit confusded

• Options
    Soph whats happened? X

• Options
    Vodsda and wine

• Options
    Why? Go and get some water sober ur self up. X

• Options
    Deserve paimn and hurrt noir worth shot

• Options
    Deserve paimn and hurrt noir worth shot[/URL]

Please don't say that, you deserve to be happy.
  • Options
    Nout what everyone else thinks andd says

• Options
    U deserve help and happiness! Please stop thinking like this! X

• Options
    How's can I ahen everyoned just reminds me lof what a failures I am

• Options
    Nobody has said you deserve pain, and nobody thinks it.
  • Options
    Nobody has said you deserve pain, and nobody thinks it.

I agree with this!