Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Voices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
May be triggering!

My voices are getting more and more violent. They shout and scream at me to tell them where certain people are and if I don't they end up telling me they'll kill us both.

I've already had to tell a friend that I can't talk to her anymore for her safety..

Last night they where telling me to "take a child" I have no idea why, then the "well kill you, well harm the child"

I'm not sleeping as much or as well because they wake me up.

I'm terrified of telling someone cos I don't want to be a risk to others, I would NEVER intentionally hurt anyone and I don't want people to think I would.

I'm just scared and I don't know what to do :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that. :(

Are you getting any support from community mental health, a CPN, etc?
  • Options
    I know you won't want to, but if you feel you are likely to act on the voices then you need to phone for an ambulance or phone the duty line at the CMHT (even if you're not being seen there).

when you are in less of a crisis, try to rationalise it - the voices are in your head, so they cannot hurt you. they are not a physical thing so they cannot harm you or a child or anyone else. when they speak to you, try to use your 'sensible' brain to remind yourself that it is a voice is a sound, just like if you were listening to music on your iPod, and just like music you can hear it without acting on the words, you don't have to do something a voice tells you just because you can hear it. does that make sense? it's really distressing but try to keep your rational head on as much as you can. you can hear a voice and just sit with it, you don't have to act on it and it can't make you do anything - YOU and YOUR thoughts control you.

telling someone else won't make you a danger to others. if anything, it would make you less likely to be. I know how scary this all is but by sharing it you are reducing the power of the voices because more people would be on your side against them.
  • Options
    im really sorry sophie, I know its hard. but you have to tell someone its the only way you have any chance of getting better, you cant do this on your own no matter how much you want to.

mine kinda do the same except they tell me to do things to myself and threaten me that if I don't they will hurt me or someone close to me, fmily or someone. people have told me to 'ignore them' 'theyre in your head' all that kinda stuff but the truth is when theyre bad and your terrified nothing people says sticks in your mind, and to you they are real. I cant ignore them ive tried that when I do they just get louder and louder and more andmore angry until I do what it is they want. I told mental health workers from a team I was with last year, but it just kinda seem to get left and I dunno, guess people think its passed and they don't happen anymore because I don't talk about them but really theyre worse then they were. im not the best person to help, guess all I can do is let you know your not alone, that your notthe only one. there will probably be times I wont want to talk about it or cant because they get mad and wont leet me, but i'll try cause I think maybe we could both help each other a bit, even if we don't realise it.

take care, and be strong.
  • Options
    I have a cpn I think.

It's so hard to block out. I'm sat for hours awake terrified to close my eyes, just being an emotional state.

I want to tell someone but inside I don't have the bottle to tell anyone and it's so so stressful.

I'll do my best to talk to Anna (cpn) about it, but she's so strict she scares the living daylights out of me.

• Options
    i know its awful, its a vicious circle, too anxious and terrified to sleep, don't sleep or very little, exhausted, which then makes you fel worse and it just goes round and round!

I know what you mean about wanting to tell someone and get help but not wanting to at the same time. do you feel scared that people will judge you? I do. even though they are professionals and may have met loads of people with the same problems they still judge I think, everyone does they just don't show it and may keep it to themselves, that's just my opinion. scared people will think im 'going mad' or 'a nutter' and need locking up or something.

why don't you look into talking to someone else, if you don't like her, you don't have to stick with her, you have a right to change. how can you trust and confide in someone and be open and honest if you don't like them or scared of them or whatever.
  • Options
    I just want to say, Sophie, that nobody will judge you at all. Professionals will have met a lot of people in your situation, they will know how best to deal with things like this.

I understand that actually talking to someone must be a scary thought, but even wanting to talk to someone about this is such a brave step to take and well done for reaching out on here.
  • Options
    I just want to say, Sophie, that nobody will judge you at all. Professionals will have met a lot of people in your situation, they will know how best to deal with things like this.

I understand that actually talking to someone must be a scary thought, but even wanting to talk to someone about this is such a brave step to take and well done for reaching out on here.

:yes:

You may find it easier to write it down and hand that to whoever you speak to, rather than sitting there and actually telling them?
  • Options
    They always prefer talking.
    I remember writing it down when I saw this woman and the first time I told them about te voices.

As long as I look "okay" they don't care. And that really pissed me off when they said "well you look fine" well doh I actually forced myself to make an effort!

• Options
    Told Sharon from the home treatment team today... She said meds may need upping.

That's all. And I've been referred to the early intervention team..

• Options
    Just wanted to drop by, Soph, and give you some hugs *hug*

omg hi wrote: »
    telling someone else won't make you a danger to others. if anything, it would make you less likely to be. I know how scary this all is but by sharing it you are reducing the power of the voices because more people would be on your side against them.

I agree with with omg hi has said here - by sharing, medical professions will hopefully be able to help you and give you the correct treatment, if they think that's increasing meds then see what happens.

Having to fight for treatment is so wrong, but hold onto the fact that you do deserve it, these voices are not you and they don't define you.
  • Options
    Told Sharon from the home treatment team today... She said meds may need upping.

That's all. And I've been referred to the early intervention team..

the EI referral is great news. they are the best people to help you. :)
  • Options
    They always prefer talking.
    I remember writing it down when I saw this woman and the first time I told them about te voices.

As long as I look "okay" they don't care. And that really pissed me off when they said "well you look fine" well doh I actually forced myself to make an effort!

I have foud this to if I dressed nice, I was ok, I mustn't have a mental health illness. but then another time I went to an appointment in Hollister jogger and tshirt with body warmer and the woman asked 'do you always dress like this? scruffy?' why should it matter if you dress nice, how you dress has nothing to do with if you have a mental illness or not, fair enough sometimes the ca be linked, but not always, and to go from one extreme to the other too.

that's great news sophie, I hope they help, well done for telling her, your doing fab! wish I could do as well as you and have the nerve to tell someone again, cause theyre a nightmare when they are triggered, and probably will be again tonight after this :(
  • Options
    Actually spoke to the psych today and what e had to say "we'll up your meds, but we're going to take you off them as your voices will go away"

I've had them for half a fucking year and they're getting worst! Why does no one ever fucking listen I me arghhhhhh!!

• Options
    maybe the meds are making things worse if since you have been on them things are getting worse? Maybe that's why they will take you off them? Meds aren't always the answer. I hope you find someone who listens to you and understands you x
  • Options
    They're only getting louder, they where working. Fuck everyone and everything.

• Options
    They're only getting louder, they where working. Fuck everyone and everything.

could u call anyone when they are loud? sorry u feel this way, fuck everyone isn't the answer mental health support is. could u find a hearing voices group by u and try that?
  • Options
    Do you have a parent or anyone who could go to the psych appointments with you and insist that something has to be done now?
  • Options
    Actually spoke to the psych today and what e had to say "we'll up your meds, but we're going to take you off them as your voices will go away"

I've had them for half a fucking year and they're getting worst! Why does no one ever fucking listen I me arghhhhhh!!

im so sorry sophie, this is not the news you needed! maybe find a new psych? i was told mine would go away too, in time, with a routine, had them nearly 3years now. chin up hun.
  • Options
    He's the only Psych. No I don't have parents to go with me, I moved 280 miles away from them.

I've decided I'm better off dead, planned everything to the last detail, and the day can't come quick enough!
  • Options
    He's the only Psych. No I don't have parents to go with me, I moved 280 miles away from them.

I've decided I'm better off dead, planned everything to the last detail, and the day can't come quick enough!

I understand this is all really scary, Sophie, but maybe you could give the psych's advice a try? He is a professional and although no one knows you better than you, maybe his advice will help a bit?

It sounds like you need someone to talk this through with, can you call the crisis team? If not, and you still feel suicidal, please try to call a GP or go to A&E.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    piccolo wrote: »
    I understand this is all really scary, Sophie, but maybe you could give the psych's advice a try? He is a professional and although no one knows you better than you, maybe his advice will help a bit?

It sounds like you need someone to talk this through with, can you call the crisis team? If not, and you still feel suicidal, please try to call a GP or go to A&E.

This. Have sent you a PM Soph.
  • Options
    sophie, please don't, I know its hard but I wanna help you get through it. if you go I go too!
  • Options
    katiejayne wrote: »
    if you go I go too!

Katie, I know you're trying to help and you care but that's really not something you should say.

Sophie, you're strong enough to get through this and there are a lot of people on here that really do care about you. Hugs.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Agreed, take care of yourself Katie.

Just to let you know I've been chatting to Sophie via PM today - she's obviously feeling really hurt and frustrated and the voices do sound like agony, so lets try and do our best to understand that and offer practical options, or positive experiences we've had after feeling as low as she is right now. Hopefully she'll come and update in this thread too!
  • Options

y tell people if u plan to do that. sounds like u dont want to really. please speak to gp or mh people loads can help.
  • Options
    Clearly don't know me Lorna. I said I have a plan, did I state where, how and when? No.

Cos when I plan it I go through with it!

Everyone else. I'm fine.

• Options
    if u want help go get it. good luck.
  • Options
    Not as easy at that babes. Don't you think I've tried enough? I haven't had to tell the psych anything or anyone!!

• Options
    Have you kept a diary of any of this? I admit I know very little about this; but are there any triggers which make the voices worse?

I think it's been mentioned to you a few times; but if it does get worse, please go to A&E. You don't have to have done anything to yourself to be seen.

Was it you who mentioned something about sectioning? I'm sure you can voluntarily go in, if you feel that's what you really need.
  • Options
    I always keep a diary, I'm on my third one with only like 37 pages left, as I write so much.

Yeah it was me who was sectioned. I've begged and begged to go inpatient but no one is listening to me.

I'm not sure if there's anything that triggers it, I've not noticed anything.

I've ran out of meds as well. So things are just going to get even worst.