Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    No where has fucking hand sanitizer. Fucking selfish people I swear. Some of us work In jobs where we need it to protect ourselves and ive been to 4 Fucking shops and there's none. 
    You can find them on ebay for about £15 a small bottle lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    No where has fucking hand sanitizer. Fucking selfish people I swear. Some of us work In jobs where we need it to protect ourselves and ive been to 4 Fucking shops and there's none. 

Shouldn't have to pay that. It's extremely selfish 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

Shouldn't have to pay that. It's extremely selfish 
    Kinda pratical aswell tho. (Not the money but people who brought them before they did sell out) 
    but yeah your work is suppose to supply it anyway?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I try so hard yet often it seems like my efforts and not going anywhere and im stuck at home all the time. I feel im not allowed to try new thing or stuff or do the things im enjoy even though now im making enough money and all. I have friends but i always have to lie about them and who they are so it is tiring going to see them. I want more privacy from my parents and respect. I hate having to always text all the time it can be useful sometimes but it is still too much for me. I mean i dun wanna go completely independent and i always need advice but staying at home all the time sucks especially now i cany even play computer games anymore cuz my eyes hurt from my job and my computer screen has colour issues yet my pc manufacturer considers there nothing wrong. Probably cheap lighting techniques even though paid a lot for the pc where u expect u pay more for a pc and get better pc u dont.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Does anyone else find it quite hurtful when someone is like 'nobody cares about me' when all you've done is care?

Like this girl (no one on here) has plenty of people care about her but it's just like a slap in the face when she says this stuff? At first I thought it was her mental health talking but I'm mentally ill and not niave enough to think people don't care? I know everyone's presents in different ways but I dunno 🤷‍♀️ just annoying... 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

Does anyone else find it quite hurtful when someone is like 'nobody cares about me' when all you've done is care?

Like this girl (no one on here) has plenty of people care about her but it's just like a slap in the face when she says this stuff? At first I thought it was her mental health talking but I'm mentally ill and not niave enough to think people don't care? I know everyone's presents in different ways but I dunno 🤷‍♀️ just annoying... 
    Someone in my personal life would do this quite often and it really did feel like a "slap in the face" . could you imagine taking your time out of the day to support someone on multiple occasions only for them to respond with that? It's very hurtful and beyond disrespectful? This person would then go on to behave in a way that would deter the nicest of souls away but then go on complain that they had nobody, whilst being completely unaware their behaviour was the issue.  

I think there's a difference character and mental health. Not being able to have even an ounce of gratitude for those who support you is not a mental health issue, it's a character issue

rant over lol
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @BubblesGoesBoo Maybe it's not the help she needs so she says stuff like that? 
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    @ThePigeons

Hey I know your comment was for me but I'm genuinely curious to know what you meant by 
    Maybe it's not the help she needs so she says stuff like that? 
  • Options
    @ThePigeons I dont quite understand this... whenever I asked her if she was okay should would just say she was fine, then posted that no one cared... her actions have pushed people away cause they don't want to be associated with her anymore...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 @BubblesGoesBoo
    I think I did the same once.
    I felt stuck, nothing helped. In my mind nobody knew what I really was going through. I knew they cared but when I was down it felt like no one did.

So what I meant was that maybe she felt down and lonely when she wrote/said it.

I always say I'm fine when I'm not. Mostly to people who don't understand or if I don't have to energy to talk about it
  • Options
    @ThePigeons im not doubting that, as I said I thought maybe it was her mental health, but its just generally her as a person, she's played the system so much and it is a slap in the face when she says no one cares, she has people flooding her with support messages but she's too close-eyed to see it.
  • Options
    Can the weather make up it's mind? One minute it's lovely and sunny, then next it's pissing down with no end in sight!
  • Options
    @ThePigeons im not doubting that, as I said I thought maybe it was her mental health, but its just generally her as a person, she's played the system so much and it is a slap in the face when she says no one cares, she has people flooding her with support messages but she's too close-eyed to see it.
    It sounds like we've both experienced this to one degree or another @BubblesGoesBoo

@ThePigeons I do understand and respect we're you're coming from, perhaps our experiences are a little different, that to me sounds like a mental health thing. 

But for a person to clame that after getting support on multiple occasions with a track record of repeat offending ?! Then feel entitled to a support network and for people to care? I knew the person my entire life as we grew up together. There are legit people in this world who have no idea how narcissistic and problematic they are

I always stuck my neck out for this person, even whan I wasn't okay myself, even when she would invalidate my own experiences. 

Long story short, we've cut ties because she was very toxic in the end with gas lighting behaviours you name it! 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    @Salix_alba_2019 yeah I get where you're coming from aswell. I had some of those in my life too. I'm glad you cut ties and don't have to deal with that drama anymore
  • Options
    @ThePigeons it was difficult but I've been happier since

Thank you for the incite that you've give both myself and @BubblesGoesBoo, I didn't really concider it before, maybye from my own tainted experiences.

Are you still in contact said peeps? 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Salix_alba_2019 I've kinda ghosted a lot of people.
    I was going to a very bad time and they always tried to avoid the conversation. Now I've moved back home and been thinking about everything. I stood by them (most of the time I hope), run out of classes to comfort them, skipped lessons. I've come to realise that I need to be there for myself now. They dropped me at my lowest point. Now I dropped them.

One time I still think about a lot is when I was constantly fainting. We were in the canteen doing some homework when I started to feel bad. I was shaking, couldn't talk well, I was losing my hearing and my sight. I was really afraid. I asked them if someone please could get me something from the vending machine 3 meters away, as I couldn't see and was shaking too bad. They all said no sorry I need to do my homework. So I tried to go to the vending machine, almost couldn't walk anymore. I was just in time before collapsing. FU guys.
  • Options
    @ThePigeons, nearly teared up reading this. that's awful and I'm sorry to hear that your "friends" failed you like that. It shouldn't have happened at all regardless if f they were your friends of not, what, horrible people.

I hope that you can find the time to heal and continue growing.  You absolutely do need to be there for yourself and it's often a lesson we're forced to learn the hard way. 

This is your year pigeons, I'm rooting for you !  <3
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 thank you so much! It really give me some energy. I'm not done yet with this world^^
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Honestly don't care that 'slim pasta' is only 9 calories (can I say that?) it smells like fish (even though its vegan) and tastes like well nothing can describe it apart from rank!! 😷 I'd rather have full calorie pasta! 

Tw!! Mentions calories... 

• Options
    Bunch of people squared up to me asking for a fight in the bus stop because I literally moved into the rain because all 4 of them started smoking and the wind pushed it into my face. I have asthma and just recovered from pneumonia.. last thing I want is dirty smoke being blown at me. 
  • Options
    i feel so sick
  • Options
    Well i was just sick. Ong what awful feeling. I feel better now tho. Omg i think i have food posioning feels almost as awful as feeling suicidal. 
  • Options
    Seems impossible just to get a bit of fucking support and someone to fucking talk to
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Seems impossible just to get a bit of fucking support and someone to fucking talk to
    You can PM me if want to. Id listen. Or post here and we'll listen
  • Options
    I wish the mix had a book club :/
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    You can PM me if want to. Id listen. Or post here and we'll listen
    Thank you.
  • Options
    IM sick some one help me. I hate feeling sick omg. I only feel better After I'm sick. I can not feel anymore sorry for myself. I feel like i May look like a ghost rn 💀
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    So nervous about getting the results of the audition.

I had an audition earlier that I came out of about 15 minutes ago. The teachers who were in charge said that I did really well.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 good luck! :) when do you find out?
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    So nervous about getting the results of the audition.

I had an audition earlier that I came out of about 15 minutes ago. The teachers who were in charge said that I did really well.
    Good luck kasa! It's normal to be nervous! I'm sure you aced it.