Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Had to cancel my birthday dinner because all my friends flaked on me at the last minute. I bloody hate being born so close to christmas, everyone becomes so unreliable
  • Options
    I'm in such a bad mood which is only going to be worse tomorrow when I'm having to play happy having not slept, probably at all at this rate -_-
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Had to cancel my birthday dinner because all my friends flaked on me at the last minute. I bloody hate being born so close to christmas, everyone becomes so unreliable

Aww, sorry to hear that Ballerina, did you manage to do anything else to celebrate?
  • Options
    Some people are nothing but biased little idiots who should realize the fact they're have responsibilities means they need to grow up and stop acting like such a spoilt little brat! You're 28 not 8 grow the fuck up you self-centred cow.!
  • Options
    Apparently, it's impossible for some people to send me a message on Facebook telling me who they are when they send me a friend request. Or am I being that unreasonable? I'd like to know who I'm adding before I actually add them.
  • Options
    Spent the whole morning trying to unblock the loo. It's now partially unblocked but leaking over the floor. Fml. Can anyone beat that for a *shit* morning?
  • Options
    Back pain is more terrible than usual recently and I feel exhausted beyond belief - I couldn't even be bothered to brush my hair this morning or do full make up and I went out like that, looking horrific, but not really caring because I'm so tired. Also, everything is pissing me off no end recently. Meh. Just having a silly moan!
  • Options
    Time for another ranty thread

Some thing's in life are an absolute fucking joke. Ergh.
  • Options
    meggles wrote: »
    now look whos making the ' digs'

Was generally not about you, but okay. Think what you like
  • Options
    Being made to feel guilty about something that isn't my fault. Unless it would have been preferred that I left early because I was feeling so bloody sick, instead of just cancelling full stop?
  • Options
    Reach out for help, get ignored, fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Stress + My driving instructor = a million times more stresssed.:shocking:
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    Stress + My driving instructor = a million times more stresssed.:shocking:

Any chance of getting a new driving instructor?
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Any chance of getting a new driving instructor?
    I'm soo close to (hopefully) passing it won't be necessary but I may need to look into it.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Left the house this morning, walked all the way to the bus stop only to realise I left my bag at home!
  • Options
    everything in my life is being controlled and it is not going anywhere other than down hill. I hate it
  • Options
    My passport photo looks like a Bald serial killer, going through customs they're going to call the police just because of the way I look!
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    My passport photo looks like a Bald serial killer, going through customs they're going to call the police just because of the way I look!

I've yet to meet someone who actually has a decent passport photo. Mine looks awful, as does the friend of mine who countersigned it. He said that, not me!
  • Options
    I think I've got an eczema flare up. Urgh. Thankfully, it's on my stomach / chest; so not visible. Bloodt itchy though.
  • Options
    I've got 10 days to write a PhD research proposal for funding...I've never written a research proposal before and 4 years of funding rest on this! Arghhhh!!
  • Options
    People who quite clearly don't read emails.
  • Options
    4 months free from SH down the drain. Meh.
  • Options
    Might have to ditch all the work I have done over the past week due to when a legal definition was set....
  • Options
    Sick bug last week and a cold this week. Germs :mad:
  • Options
    So, there's a Facebook group where people from my county can buy and sell things (like a local eBay). Last night a man posted in asking for anything people could offer for his new home here in Cornwall. He'd moved here after being burgled, kidnapped, beaten, then going through the criminal trial (I Googled). He got an overwhelming response from the group (as you might imagine) with people even offering to just donate things. The guy was even asking for teddies to help him sleep at night.

However after flicking back to the page this morning I saw that the post (and all 100 or so comments) were deleted because a lot of them turned out to be 'jokes' and people generally being assholes about the situation.

Sorry, but how fucking broken does your moral compass have to be to do that? Someone moves to a new area to try and get a fresh start and help him get past what will probably be the most traumatic thing he'll ever experience, and instead of helping him do that by being welcoming and supportive, people decide to do... that. So thanks to them not only does he most likely feel humiliated right now, but he's also lost all the genuine words of people doing their utmost to help the guy.

There are no words. I am ready to scream.
  • Options
    I'm stuck in at MrRiot's because my walker broke yesterday when we were in the park and I don't have a wheelchair with me so I can't get from to the bus stop and at the other end to the station and through the massive station there as well. Oh and mama riot has the flu badly so I need to get home but I'm going to have to fork out for over £30 worth of taxis today and hope the station staff can give me a hand (they're pretty awful at my local station! I've ended up in bristol because they didn't help me get off the train
  • Options
    I feel so fucking sick right now and I think it's pissing me off more than it should be.
  • Options
    People in the cinema who kick the back of my chair. And I had to ask him to stop it. And then someone got up and managed to knee the back of my chair where my head was, which fucking hurt. :(
  • Options
    1) my old university managed to get my degree certificate wrong - missed the (hons) part, misspelt my name and got the official title round the wrong way. I don't know if I'm more annoyed about the mistakes or the fact that I missed it,

2) my finger is very bruised from testing my blood sugars
  • Options
    Having to wait until February 10th for a doctor's appointment. Good thing I've got (at least I hope so anyway) enough medication to last until then.