Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    How long you there for today? You should be allowed a break. Why wont they let you? Hope your okay

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm there from 8:30 till 3:15. I get a 45 minute dinner at 12:15. I'm supposed to have a break at 11:20 for 10 mins, i didn't even get that. The kids were practising their nativity play in the church and we got back to the school at 11:20 and I wasn't aloud one.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    *peapie* wrote: »
    I wish I was an only child!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? What's been going on Peapie? - Sounds like you have a rather musical neighbor to - Do they atleast have a decent voice?! I can imagine how frustrating that can be though, you need plenty of rest!! :heart:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why? What's been going on Peapie? - Sounds like you have a rather musical neighbor to - Do they atleast have a decent voice?! I can imagine how frustrating that can be though, you need plenty of rest!! :heart:

He's got a really deep singing voice he just really doesn't need to song that loud and a silly time. He only does it late at night or really early in the morning, what's wrong with now!!

Ah siblings have all turned really horrible, I don't even know why, they always had there strops but they're so so bad now!

• Options
    He's got a really deep singing voice he just really doesn't need to song that loud and a silly time. He only does it late at night or really early in the morning, what's wrong with now!!

Ah siblings have all turned really horrible, I don't even know why, they always had there strops but they're so so bad now!

Oh deary! You could always report him for public disturbance? - Have you been round to tell him to shush? - Sorry to hear about siblings, how have they turned really horrible?? Are you currently living with them? I heard you were getting a new private accommodation, have you moved in yet? Sorry for the 24 questions, lul!
  • Options
    Oh deary! You could always report him for public disturbance? - Have you been round to tell him to shush? - Sorry to hear about siblings, how have they turned really horrible?? Are you currently living with them? I heard you were getting a new private accommodation, have you moved in yet? Sorry for the 24 questions, lul!

He's not in the same block as me, to why I don't know why I can hear him!! Haha!

Nah I moved out but from being skinto cos of paying 1150£ out, I sometimes go mums for dinner. But hey can't moan when you open your door and you're at the beach :P

• Options
    People who insist on singing loudly. She doesn't get all the words right and makes some of them up as she goes along.

Seriously fed up of this insomnia now.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    People who insist on singing loudly. She doesn't get all the words right and makes some of them up as she goes along.

Seriously fed up of this insomnia now.

Sounds like me when I sing back to neighbour when he won't shut up haha!

• Options
    My tutor has only just emailed me saying I can go to college and get the pink slip to pay for ucas. She never flipping said I had to attach my personal statement to the ucas before she says I can send it. College shuts tomorrow at 12 as well so I'll have to miss some of placement.
  • Options
    Sounds like me when I sing back to neighbour when he won't shut up haha!

lol

We were busking on Wednesday and all I could here was one person in my ear (he was being helpful, I know) whispering the chords and her singing the wrong words badly. Part of the reason why I don't sing is because I know I can't sing properly and won't get all the words right.
  • Options
    I'm going to go murder my neighbour.

I used to like Christmas songs, but your loud singing off tune has put me off them. Shut the fuck up and put a sock in it.

• Options
    I wish my mum would stop saying to me "how the hell are you hungry"
    I had food at my friend's house at about 3:30, I came home and at about 5:30 my mum said she was getting hungry so i said i was too, she then replied with "how..." but stopped and walked off. So now i'm in a mood with her and not going to have any tea.
  • Options
    people that breath down your neck - mate, that's not going to make me move, your manners are- but carry on and i'll throw something from the shelf at you.
  • Options
    I only came home because I need to save up money so wanted shifts at the pub, and my manager's handing my shifts out left right and centre to some people with stupid names that have only just started working there. I need $$ :(
  • Options
    why do teachers feel the need to give us so much work over Christmas that you cant actually enjoy your holiday as your stressing over how much you have to do and when you have time! Then they will moan that we haven't done some each day.... I've so far worked each day other than one and still not finished one piece! Its STUPID!!!! How do they expect you to revise for mock exams and have coursework and rest? 2 weeks aka 10 days is not enough for that! I have 15 pages of work to do, another 3 and then a whole other large document to start which will be about 30 pages! Then maths and English lit revision for my mock...... where is the holiday?!?!?! sigh
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Lol, love it. Just wait until you leave school. I've only got time off work because I booked it a year in advance. Otherwise I'd be off Christmas day and boxing day, and that's it. Sorry, no sympathy from the adults. Plus, if it makes you feel better, I didn't get homework at Christmas. Muahahahahahahaa
    Haha thanks ;) I'd happily work if I was getting money but it's stupid amount of work
  • Options
    Ill all over christmas with a tummy bug and missed christmas dinner, spent the last 3 days in bed. Now I've had to cancel afternoon tea at the ritz for my birthday to avoid being charged full price if we can't make it thanks to the snow and delayed trains to london *sigh*
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Ill all over christmas with a tummy bug and missed christmas dinner, spent the last 3 days in bed. Now I've had to cancel afternoon tea at the ritz for my birthday to avoid being charged full price if we can't make it thanks to the snow and delayed trains to london *sigh*

So sorry to hear that lovely *hug* Are you feeling any better now?
    Illness sucks but sucks even more when you have plans. Hope your okay
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    my boss is being a massive ball bag
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »

I was about to post the very same thing
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

you okay lovely?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I think the alcohol keeps numbing back pain but then in between the booze wearing off, the pain comes back stronger than ever and it is absolutely fucking horrendous.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I was about to post the very same thing

Why are your bosses being massive ball bags?! Whats happened?
  • Options
    Why are your bosses being massive ball bags?! Whats happened?

my boss keeps shouting at me and the chef for ridiculous reasons. a group of people decided to not order food and he got all up in our faces and shrieked that we'd fucking ruined everything and it was our fault that they were pissed off and so on (they seemed quite chill about it and ordered loads of drinks anyway.) Also his family's been here and I found it really disrespectful that they kept asking me to do things for them. It's not my job to clean his daughter's room and get her stupid hairdye out of the bathroom. And it definitely isn't my job to pull her free drinks and serve them dinner at the table.

I used to really like this job but now the landlord's leaving, he's stopped giving a shit about anything, is drinking all the time when he's on shift, flaking on the timetable, and is generally making life difficult for me and the rest of the staff.
  • Options
    MrRiot, little one and I have all been feeling really ill since xmas eve...colds and coughs and now we're all down with norovirus and been off food for 24hrs and struggling to keep water down. NYE party cancelled, as is spa day bought as an xmas present, I'm miles from home but MrRiot's dad and my Ma are being really supportive. I do feel like we're being quarantined though!
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    my boss keeps shouting at me and the chef for ridiculous reasons. a group of people decided to not order food and he got all up in our faces and shrieked that we'd fucking ruined everything and it was our fault that they were pissed off and so on (they seemed quite chill about it and ordered loads of drinks anyway.) Also his family's been here and I found it really disrespectful that they kept asking me to do things for them. It's not my job to clean his daughter's room and get her stupid hairdye out of the bathroom. And it definitely isn't my job to pull her free drinks and serve them dinner at the table.

I used to really like this job but now the landlord's leaving, he's stopped giving a shit about anything, is drinking all the time when he's on shift, flaking on the timetable, and is generally making life difficult for me and the rest of the staff.

although today i got promoted to acting manager while my boss is ill. probably a bad decision as i am not very good at any of the things, but exciting nonetheless :D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Well done grace. that definitely shows that you do a good job!
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    MrRiot, little one and I have all been feeling really ill since xmas eve...colds and coughs and now we're all down with norovirus and been off food for 24hrs and struggling to keep water down. NYE party cancelled, as is spa day bought as an xmas present, I'm miles from home but MrRiot's dad and my Ma are being really supportive. I do feel like we're being quarantined though!

Aw no :( really sorry to hear this Miss_Riot - I remember when I was quite ill over Christmas time a few years back and it's not nice at all, that's without having to cancel stuff. I do hope you're feeling even a little better today *hug*
  • Options
    The fever has gone down and we're managing to keep something down but I hurt like hell from being sick and MrRiot still doesn't feel great so he's not doing much and I've got the chores to do before we have the little one back cos his mum has decided to go out tonight. Two ill children to look after! Awesome :(
  • Options
    New years eve. Urghhh!
  • Options
    New years eve. Urghhh!

I feel the same way!