Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Meggles wrote: »
    The freedom you feel when you submit your portfolio. Only a few more things to do and I'm done!
    Well done!
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Ahh - cleared out my email inbox + sent: 2,000+ messages. Its so good having a spring clean! :d
  • Options
    This weather in England has been fabulous today! No damp meant no body pains. I feel good as does Mandy. We're going back to Majorca this weekend to better weather and looking forward to it! :hyper:
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Sooooo... basically some of you may know that I applied for a part time course at college recently... and I hadn’t heard anything from them so assumed I hadn’t been successful.

But, on Monday I opened my emails and found... that I got an interview!!! 27th April 😊
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Sooooo... basically some of you may know that I applied for a part time course at college recently... and I hadn’t heard anything from them so assumed I hadn’t been successful.

But, on Monday I opened my emails and found... that I got an interview!!! 27th April 😊

That is great news! I'm so happy for you! :)

Now we must hope, and I'll be thinking of you on the day.
    Hugs
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

That is great news! I'm so happy for you! :)

Now we must hope, and I'll be thinking of you on the day.
    Hugs

Thank you!! My mum managed to get the afternoon off work so I don’t have to get the bus (bless her)!! I can only hope can’t I!!

Ooh, and this is my 1000th post - have I really been here that long? Feels like yesterday I joined! In my head I still feel 12 can’t believe I’m talking about college interviews right now lol!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Thank you!! My mum managed to get the afternoon off work so I don’t have to get the bus (bless her)!! I can only hope can’t I!!

Ooh, and this is my 1000th post - have I really been here that long? Feels like yesterday I joined! In my head I still feel 12 can’t believe I’m talking about college interviews right now lol!!

I was going to congratulate you on your 1,000th post - that's great strides you've done and made some super posts, too! How time flies - I was thinking the same only last week. :)

My good news is once home in Majorca I'll be buying a Honda Ruckus. It's a great little moped for buzzing about on the island. Frugal on the petrol and makes a heck of a noise, haha.
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

I was going to congratulate you on your 1,000th post - that's great strides you've done and made some super posts, too! How time flies - I was thinking the same only last week. :)

My good news is once home in Majorca I'll be buying a Honda Ruckus. It's a great little moped for buzzing about on the island. Frugal on the petrol and makes a heck of a noise, haha.

Aww, thank you!! I honestly cannot believe it. It took me over a year (I think) to make 100 posts... and now I’m at 1000(and 2) lol!!

Aww, that sounds great! :):)
  • Options

Aww, thank you!! I honestly cannot believe it. It took me over a year (I think) to make 100 posts... and now I’m at 1000(and 2) lol!!

Aww, that sounds great! :):)

Yeah, and roar off into a Spanish sunset leaving the ol' biddies in a cloud of dust! Hahaa! :d

It took me like forever to get a 100 posts, too. T'is amazing how time has gone, and I reckon you'd easily be galloping to 2,000 next, especially if Vanilla has got all its bells, whistles, new boots and panties that's promised. ;)

Nighty night Eleanor. Its been great having a good natter. Have a super rest of the week..if poss:rainbow2:
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru

Aw congratulations on your 1000th post! (1004 now!!). Time really does fly by!

Best of luck with your college interview! Let us know how it goes :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »

Best of luck with your college interview! Let us know how it goes :)

Aww thank you Aife!! I seriously cannot believe how quick these past couple of years have gone - cannot believe I’m turning 16 this year. 16!! That’s madness!!

Thank you, I will be sure to let you all know how it goes :)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit

Aww thank you Aife!! I seriously cannot believe how quick these past couple of years have gone - cannot believe I’m turning 16 this year. 16!! That’s madness!!

Thank you, I will be sure to let you all know how it goes :)

Yay I reached my 1,000 post the other day too

Good luck with the college interviews!!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    There's nothing like a comforting mug of hot chocolate as a nightcap, but it's big mug and 2 straws so Mandy can have sippers, too! Share 'n' share alike. :heart:
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Accepted my Uni place today!! Not sure if im happy about it or not yet but i guess its a good thing.
  • Options
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Accepted my Uni place today!! Not sure if im happy about it or not yet but i guess its a good thing.

Congratulations Essie! I'm sure you're going to succeed and university will broaden your whole education experience.

Getting a degree especially in the sports industry is definitely going to be advantageous, because it would give you the edge. Also to show that you are serious about your career choice in the industry. Once you're qualified, keep an eye out for pro clubs because many offer internships for graduates, and will be most interested in the experience you already have. Look for internships either through the sports governing body, or by contacting the clubs directly too.

Not every professional club embraces sport science in reality, so don't assume that it's a guaranteed position. You might even consider going on to working towards your Masters because being massively impressive, a Masters would give you a greater edge and people will be mighty impressed! Sports science is a broad discipline as it includes physiology, psychology and biomechanics which my personal trainer tells me. So if, eg. you're a physiologist, you can bolster your CV with strength and conditioning qualifications if possible as that will enhance your employability.

The first year the university will work you very hard. It's the same whatever subject, even Tudor History I'm doing at home. But between semesters you'll get lovely long holidays, and no doubt you will be living it up in Australia or Bali - who knows? Just try and see the bright side your career could take you. It's exciting stuff you're getting into, so persevere, network as much as you can and work hard. I believe in you, also Mandy.

Belle <3

Edited to add: Last night Mandy and I were invited back to the night club where we did another two-hour set with our band. Afterwards we were given so many bunches of flowers that our home smells like a florists. Though Monaco is a pretty impressive mini-state plus so many mega yachts and lovely people, we'll be glad to come home.
  • Options
    Today’s little accomplishment: I got my blood taken without fainting! 😂
  • Options
    Today’s little accomplishment: I got my blood taken without fainting!

Well done, Eleanor! I always believed chocolate elves were toughies! :d

#

Interesting about Monaco is it has more millionaires to the square metre than virtually anywhere in the world, and for that, its security is as tight as a duck's bum. No vehicle or a single walker gets away unscreened because the city's police and security check all incoming traffic, even those leaving. At the entrance and exit of this mini city-state are dozens of CCTV cameras. Not a dog's poop in sight either, so millionaires can rest easy that they won't stepping their expensive Louboutins in the doodoo.

And amazingly, there is no envy among those who live in Monaco. I could be dressed in pearl sequined Valentino, wear a flash gold Rolex and still no-one would remark unkindly or give second glance at my Maybach. Except in England when my driver holds its door open to let me out, it wouldn't be the first time I hear someone remark "tosser" as they walk by.
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Aww thanks for that @Mirabelle xx
  • Options
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Aww thanks for that @Mirabelle xx

Glad you liked it. If I can find any more good things, I'll let you know. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I passed my driving test. :)
  • Options
    Finally by myself. Suffocating twats everywhere. Feel free already🙃😊
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Finally by myself. Suffocating twats everywhere. Feel free already🙃😊

Life will always be full of twats so its best to ignore them. Or make fun of them 🙃 🙃 Often, it's the small laughs that keep us going in hard times. Try and keep strong, okay? I have hope in you because I see the same in my partner. 😊
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My holidays have been authorized! :hyper::hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    My holidays have been authorized! :hyper::hyper:

Congratulations! Paid holidays are fantastic!
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »

Um i dont normally take much notice of post count. But for some reason our posts are not at 1,000 anymore. I dunno what post have been deleted but think maybe then everyones post count has descreased?Thought id point out incase error or soemthing
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
    Hey @Shaunie thanks for flagging that! Very strange! I'll do some investigating! :)

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    It may have been the 'I need a hug' thread. I can't find it.
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy great spot! Looks like it was that thread!

@Shaunie I've now restored it and it looks like your posts have gone back up to 1000! Phew! Sorry about that! I think I must have deleted it when I was getting rid of some spam this morning :p

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Haha @The Mix I also noticed a drop in my post count and thought: “What did I do”?
  • Options
    It had me wondering, too. I was like, "What shit has gone down now?" Fact is, at home I'm constantly in the poop about something - why not here? :rolleyes: