Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Aww, I'm so happy for you! You'll have such a great time wiyth your puppy, and you'll be bonding, too. :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    Aww, I'm so happy for you! You'll have such a great time wiyth your puppy, and you'll be bonding, too. :)

Our house is just so weird without a puppy in it!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Our house is just so weird without a puppy in it!!

It felt similar in my home until I got my mountain of a dog, Eleanor. Just watch out it doesn't chew wires! Our last cinema sound system suffered when that tyke Wolfie chewed through the speaker wires and one evening we were twatting around having a WTF moment with the remote. Then I looked under the sofa.

Hahahahahaha!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Finally have a new phone🙃 forgot how fast phones can be slightly glad I purposely smashed my phone TIL it broke now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    My plan on Friday is to take my sister and our band's new violinist out to Italy to see Cremona violin makers Marcello and Vittorio Villa. Although it will be a long weekend, it should be a marvellous experience. :thumb:
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    DUHA was so good! and managed to stay up til 5am without a nap! :hyper: now time for hop night!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Aah, the eerie solitude of working on a Saturday. :chin:

zvNU70v.jpg
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Going to get pay rise by £1.36 an hour. Which i think is really good. I mean I am getting paid shit atm but like that’s quite a big rise and adds up.. Last time they had a pay rise it was 4p
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Made it a full day at work with no tears!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    We have another concert and this time it's in France! It's wonderful how once we left England, the work began piling in and the next venue is so exciting! :thumb:
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I can not believe this! I got an email this morning to say i have been accepted to come along to a come & play day with a local major orchestra in my area!!! I am so happy i cried with tears of joy :yes:!! I know me cry!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Abigail wrote: »
    I can not believe this! I got an email this morning to say i have been accepted to come along to a come & play day with a local major orchestra in my area!!! I am so happy i cried with tears of joy :yes:!! I know me cry!

Aw that's great news! Let us know how it goes! :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Abigail wrote: »

Congratulations, Abi! At long last, things are going in a good direction. This is great news and I am very happy for you! :thumb:
    New bed finally came! Hoping I can actually sleep in it instead of on the floor for once!
    Ooo, that'll be nice for you Bubbles. :)
    Ooo, that'll be nice for you Bubbles. :)

ended up resorting to the floor again :( but I won't stop til I can sleep in a bed!

ended up resorting to the floor again :( but I won't stop til I can sleep in a bed!

Oh..wasn't it delivered, Bubbles? These people need a kick up the bum! :mad: I hope they bring your new bed today.

Oh..wasn't it delivered, Bubbles? These people need a kick up the bum! :mad: I hope they bring your new bed today.

nah it was delivered, i just cant sleep in a bed, havent been able to for months... i thought getting a new bed might help but apparently not :( gonna give it a go again tonight though

nah it was delivered, i just cant sleep in a bed, havent been able to for months... i thought getting a new bed might help but apparently not :( gonna give it a go again tonight though

How about getting a mattress topper? They're relatively inexpensive, cool to sleep on and very comfy. Mine's a Dorma and I have their pillow, and never slept better. New beds do take getting used to, so give it a couple of weeks. Does it have a money back guarantee if not satisfied?

How about getting a mattress topper? They're relatively inexpensive, cool to sleep on and very comfy. Mine's a Dorma and I have their pillow, and never slept better. New beds do take getting used to, so give it a couple of weeks. Does it have a money back guarantee if not satisfied?

I cant with an electric blanket lol... I don't think it's the bed thats an issue, my therapst seems to think it's related to the trauma somehow :confused: I will get there, it just may take some time :heart:
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo that's a strange comment by your therapist, one that would make even me wonder.

Hmmm.. :chin: but something that could help is putting your electric blanket on top of your duvet or blankets. When the weather has been cold, I've done this so the 'blanket radiates warmth downwards making my sleepy times making it feel cosy and safe because it feels like it's protecting me. Also there's no danger from the electric blanket being laid on. Usually we have to turn them off before getting in, so perhaps you could try that?

Mandy who has had past trauma loves her weighted duvet. It wasn't cheap, but moulds all lovely around her. Weighted blankets/duvets have had a very good track record with PTSD patients. That's why I bought it for her. She sleeps very well.
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo that's a strange comment by your therapist, one that would make even me wonder.

Hmmm.. :chin: but something that could help is putting your electric blanket on top of your duvet or blankets. When the weather has been cold, I've done this so the 'blanket radiates warmth downwards making my sleepy times making it feel cosy and safe because it feels like it's protecting me. Also there's no danger from the electric blanket being laid on. Usually we have to turn them off before getting in, so perhaps you could try that?

Mandy who has had past trauma loves her weighted duvet. It wasn't cheap, but moulds all lovely around her. Weighted blankets/duvets have had a very good track record with PTSD patients. That's why I bought it for her. She sleeps very well.

Yeahh i'll give it a go, thanks for the idea :) I have looked into weighted blankets but it's just the cost of them that's putting me off lol.. maybe when i get my bonus ;)

Yeahh i'll give it a go, thanks for the idea :) I have looked into weighted blankets but it's just the cost of them that's putting me off lol.. maybe when i get my bonus ;)

The Telegraph's article on weighted or 'gravity' duvets is very good - Tip: bypass their page misting out by backspacing your mouse then forward it. :razz:

https://https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/kit-and-accessories/gravity-weighted-blanket-sleep-therapy/

Works every time :d

Instead of a single, buy a 'queen' size so you can tuck right down. Yeah they are expensive, but are sooo good!
    Just found £1.20 in the bottom of my pocket wow, some chocolate later methinks!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yay I get to busk tomorrow with Mandy in the glorious Piazza San Marco: St Mark's Square Venice. We're expecting to be raking in the €s.
    It’s just dawned on me that it’s the last day of school tomorrow and we finish at 2.30 (all of 20 minutes early lol) woohoooooooooooo!
    Today, Sis, and I are performing in the Piazza San Marco, hopefully to earn enough to buy us a nice watch each. Last summer we performed there we earnt over €2,000 and hundreds of our albums. This is self-motivation at its finest.
    Since this morning, we took €728, sold 95 albums and 71 DVDs. Then rain came down harder so we headed into Florian's. Oh yummy! :yum::heart: Caffè, crema al cioccolato, crema di latte e nocciole - translated: Coffee, chocolate cream, milk and hazelnut! Not so yummy: € 14,50 :eek2:

So we had one each and a tall platter of sammiches and Mandy sneaked a raspberry daiquiri without getting carded. Bill? Not telling you! But you only live once. :razz: