Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    NO MORE SCHOOL TILL THE 16TH APRIL YASSSS!!!

Actually I take that back I’m going to one easter revision session on the 4th but that’s only like 2.5 hours!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    NO MORE SCHOOL TILL THE 16TH APRIL YASSSS!!!

Actually I take that back I’m going to one easter revision session on the 4th but that’s only like 2.5 hours!!

Heey Eleanor The Chocolate Elf, it's wonderful seeing you back with us. :hyper: Happy Easter and chocolate munchings! :yum:
  • Options
    Saturday is busking day - time to earn more money! I should say here that I've never been given a monthly allowance, so I've always worked to bring in the cash and the same for Mandy. Aunty saw we were good at music and motivated enough to go out and earn instead of being given £50 a month. "When a woman is hungry, her stomach goes to work for her" - very true. Mandy's bringing a drum of Quality Street choccies for our kind givers and hopefully we'll earn some Easter money. :heart:
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Managed to sleep in my bed last night!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Managed to sleep in my bed last night!

That's great news!
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

That's great news!

Thank-you! Was so good waking up and not being in pain from the floor haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Had 3 days off and it actually FEELS like I've had 3 days off. may not have done much but I've gotten dressed everyday and gone for a short walk instead of spending the whole time in Jammie's watching Netflix. I feel good. Took my nephew on an Easter Egg hunt then played in the snow. Very cold now! Happy Easter guys!
  • Options

Thank-you! Was so good waking up and not being in pain from the floor haha

I'm so pleased and bet your back was pleased, too! XD May uou have another good night's sleepy xox
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Deleted
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I've managed to get a fair amount of time off work while I'm home from uni for Easter. There's some preparations that need to be made but so far I've just been relaxing. I'm thinking of spending my birthday money on a new phone.
  • Options
    News from my music agent, over 280,000 copies of my solo album were sold in Spain and France.
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    News from my music agent, over 280,000 copies of my solo album were sold in Spain and France.
    Congratulations @Mirabelle :thumb:
  • Options
    Congratulations @Mirabelle :thumb:

Thank you, Janine. :)
  • Options
    When your dad buys you chocolate to comfort eat after therapy :hyper::p
  • Options
    When your dad buys you chocolate to comfort eat after therapy :hyper::p

Aw. Enjoy 🙃👍🏼
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Thinking I should make an Instagram account for my lil dog🐶🐶🐶 Have so many cute pictures of him and he needs some friends.🙃
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Thinking I should make an Instagram account for my lil dog🐶🐶🐶 Have so many cute pictures of him and he needs some friends.🙃

Awww, that is really sweet! :)

I had a lovely lie in, and aunty brought me a tray of tea and toast, so it was breakfast in bed.
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel better, so maybe this cold will be over soon
  • Options
    I'm so happy that Ruti was crowned the winner of The Voice 2018. And heads up to Sir Tom Jones for training her to blossom into the truly great singer.
  • Options
    Tonight - now - I'm actually beginning to feel better. :)
  • Options
    I get a lie in tomorrow and I have a really short shift. I'm hoping to be motivated enough to get some uni stuff done, or at least make a start. Hopefully I'll find the time and courage to finally call that mental health service I was referred to before the Easter holidays.
  • Options
    My doctor's switched my pain meds. I'm feeling much better even today!
  • Options
    Possible eating disorder trigger
    I have throw away all my moldy food. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Lol I am actually disgusting. 🤢Had many different stages of decayed food hidden round my room that my family tell me to eat but I hid in my clothes.. I say I’m recovered from ed while having a room full of moldy food. Actually feel lil bit better though and clearer state of mind aswell. Took a lot of effort
  • Options
    I have throw away all my moldy food. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Lol I am actually disgusting. 🤢Had many different stages of decayed food hidden round my room that my family tell me to eat but I hid in my clothes.. I say I’m recovered from ed while having a room full of moldy food. Actually feel lil bit better though and clearer state of mind aswell. Took a lot of effort

You did well chucking it out, but leaving food in our rooms is fairly normal, at least for me. Just don't kick yourself up about it, okay? You're not disgusting at all, and it's easily done. :)
  • Options
    I agree with @Mirabelle. It's pretty normal to leave food in your room. I tend to store snacks and not eat them for ages.
  • Options
    Today, Mandy and I are going home to Alcúdia. At last!! I'm so happy - I'm crying.
  • Options
    Today arrived another book on making kites. I gave it to Mandy and she was so pleased. The beauty of buying used, out-of-print books is they cost no more than the price of postage. Since David Pelham had his paperback, 'The Penguin Book of Kites' published between 1976 and 1988, higher quality almost state-of-the-art materials have been invented, such as Velcro. This and higher strength ripstop nylon has come on in leaps and bounds together with slim profiled carbon fibre struts, poles so thin but so strong can be incorporated into the most intricate of kites - and wow, what a sight when our kites took to the air! WOOHOO!!! :d
  • Options
    Finally out of hospital :hyper: so good to be in my own bed again :heart:
  • Options
    Finally out of hospital :hyper: so good to be in my own bed again :heart:

I'm very happy for you! :heart:
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.