Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Today's good news is humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas. :razz:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Floxy wrote: »

O thats interesting fact of day🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

wait is this for real? :confused:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options

wait is this for real? :confused:

Apparently so. Our aunt showed it to us.
  • Options

Apparently so. Our aunt showed it to us.

not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options

not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet haha

I was browsing the net and discovered we have genetic similarities even to chimps. I suppose it's ok providing they stay up in the trees. :yeees:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/comparing-genetic-similarity-between-humans-and-other-things-2016-5
  • Options

I was browsing the net and discovered we have genetic similarities even to chimps. I suppose it's ok providing they stay up in the trees. :yeees:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/comparing-genetic-similarity-between-humans-and-other-things-2016-5

Maybe the similarities are cause by the chimps eating bananas which is half our DNA.. plot twist haha
  • Options

Maybe the similarities are cause by the chimps eating bananas which is half our DNA.. plot twist haha

lol I never thought of that, but relatively good news would be if the price of bananas don't increase. ;)
  • Options
    When you phone up the hotel to book your trip away and as soon as you say your name they recognize you and ask how you're doing :hyper::hyper: i think i go away too much.... haha
  • Options
    Yesterday I bought a dualit toaster. Toast has never tasted lovelier when made in one of these :yum:
  • Options
    Being panicky when it comes to anything computer, I was so relieved when an amazon techie came onto my kindle to sort out a problem this morning. If only we cold have an instant genie to help us with our everyday problems, life would be a ball. :d
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    It looks like I'll actually have a day to myself tomorrow. As long as I can stay motivated, it should allow me to organise myself and rest ready for the week ahead.
  • Options
    By the time my old Dell came back to life I'd only gone and bought a new one. Knowing Belle wanted a second laptop for her music, I gave it to her. She's pleased, I'm pleased but the sting in the tail is I'm fourteen hundred quid lighter in pocket. Oh well, bugger that and pass the toast n marmalade. :yum:
  • Options
    Toay we received a massive shipment of gear from home. My lovely restored Citroen 2CV rolled off the ferry plus 6 massive crates containing our studio equipment including our super Genelec 8351 studio monitors, and my Sonus Faber Electa Amator II's. I was most grateful to our packers for taking great care in packing their marble stands and a big bronze hall lantern that is Belle's pride and joy. My toolbox arrived, my collapsible ladder and to top it all our mobile stage. Since we are planning to stay out here in Mallorca, it makes sense to have all our gear shipped out. Our twins were thrilled, too. We had their stuff brought across and now they can really settle in. Our new home feels more like home now. We're also planning to have a tree house built, and that will be such fun for everyone! :hyper:
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Having just moved to a new property wellaway from troublesome older aunts, perhaps finally Mandy and I will have a happier time. Having large wrought iron gates installed, hopefully we'll keep the riffraff out, family included.

• Options
    Watched a bearded arctic seal for about half hour after therapy today (apparently they are rare!?) Was so relaxing though, and so cute!
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    When one door close another one opens. I think i have managed to get myself a summer volunteering job for the weekends working on a short film. I haven't got the job which i was originally offered but i have been speaking to the person and i am being offered to do another job role.

I am so shocked i though this had gone down the drain!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Abigail wrote: »
    When one door close another one opens. I think i have managed to get myself a summer volunteering job for the weekends working on a short film. I haven't got the job which i was originally offered but i have been speaking to the person and i am being offered to do another job role.

I am so shocked i though this had gone down the drain!

Aw congrats @Abigail! Sounds really exciting working on a short film :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    No more exams for over two weeks!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    No more exams for over two weeks!!!

Yayy that's amazing! How many more exams do you have left?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Aife wrote: »

Yayy that's amazing! How many more exams do you have left?

One, and it’s psychology which is one of my okay subjects. Thank god English and Maths are over!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I got some very good news!

Early this morning the chief fire officer visited and passed my finca for fire safety, both upstairs and downstairs. There are fire exits up throughout including the kitchen. Also safety rails on the bannisters and a ramp for people with mobility. Today I increased my property insurance including personal liability insurance. This is extra good news when taking in people for Bed & Breakfast, but being non-commercial I cannot charge room/eating costs except take guests' voluntary contributions.

Ines my BFF is giving me overspill guests her hotel cannot take. This means throughout summer season I'll have income from B&B and it's all legal. Happy days. :)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    My older sister ordered me tickets to go to an escape room for next week. Dunno if a good thing or not actually. But sounds interesting.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    My older sister ordered me tickets to go to an escape room for next week. Dunno if a good thing or not actually. But sounds interesting.

That sounds encouraging. Nice of your sister doing that. :)

This afternoon I fixed the wooden shutters outside our windows and found some lovely weathered teak, all silvery. The shutters will be good next time we have a thunderstorm and also keeps the villa cool during hot sunny days. It was a good day til this evening
  • Options
    Today has been amazing!:rainbow2:

The pest control man from the council made no charge for ridding us of the hornet's nest up in our attic. He said it was one of the biggest ever seen and estimated the nest to be at least two decades old. After killing them off he returned this afternoon to cut a big section out to give to the nature reserve. We did wonder what that crackling noise was which we heard in the mornings. He said it was the hornets. Am I glad we didn't get injured by them. There were thousands up there! :eek2:

Two of the ladies staying with us the month with their teenagers gave me some welcome money towards groceries. Also the Musicians Union gave me some contacts for solo/band work at hotels and restaurants and today I met a man who has offered me lunchtime sessions starting next month at his beach restaurant.

I also finished fixing the wooden Venetian shutters with more teak. Though I feel kinda sore from the DIY, the shutters will give extra protection against storms, and next Sunday and Monday we have storms forecasted.

• Options
    That's me off work for 2 weeks! Also got free alcohol from work... bonus! :hyper:
  • Options
    More amazing news is tonight I got an email that all my music gear is arriving off my aunt's plane tomorrow morning at Palma airport. Woohoo I feel great!
  • Options
    This getting to read like a diary. Gawd am I tired right now! But happy. :)

Family sent all my gear from England arriving by cargo plane today. 50 crates and 6 journeys to the airport and back. All my music gear (amps, stage monitors and recording module etc), my lovely old stereo from home, all my clothes, DIY tools crated up + Sophie's cycle, and what's to come is another shipment of my vintgage cars I'd been working on. Everything I own arrived. Sophie's been with me since dawn, wonderful girl she was. :)

Also to come, what I'm owed. Please don't get me wrong cos it's been super getting all my stuff, but I'm broke. Never been so underfunded. Still, market was great today. Got some lovely food bargains early this morning plus lavender honey and wild thyme honeys. mmm honey on toast! :yum:
  • Options
    Today someone said I looked exactly like Joni Mitchell in the 1970s. Well, to be honest I've heard of her and probably her music at some time, but didn't know what she looked like.

So when we got home I looked Joni Mitchell up on my laptop. And - Wow. Just. Wow! It's uncanny. :blush: